Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 121 to 138 of 138

Thread: 2018 Toyota Corolla: not impressed.

  1. #121
    Registered User sahlensguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,696
    Thanks
    2,467
    Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,800 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    17

    Re: 2018 Toyota Corolla: not impressed.

    Quote Originally Posted by CommissarSpartacus View Post
    I could tint the windows of my Mercedes and look like a successful coke dealer.

    We all know how rich coke dealers attract hot, ambitious babes with low morals.
    Yep! That's kind of why I like the tint. Coralla's attract those too. Just not the hot or ambitious ones.

  2. #122
    The Victimizer CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    37,632
    Thanks
    9,106
    Thanked 19,035 Times in 11,561 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    98

    Re: 2018 Toyota Corolla: not impressed.

    Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    Yep! That's kind of why I like the tint. Coralla's attract those too. Just not the hot or ambitious ones.
    I like hot and ambitious babes. I'm shallow like that. Too much testosterone, I guess...
    boisterous hubris, arrogance, self deception, conspiracy, mud slinging mixed with a heavy dose of self righteousness.

  3. #123
    Registered User sahlensguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,696
    Thanks
    2,467
    Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,800 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    17

    Re: 2018 Toyota Corolla: not impressed.

    Quote Originally Posted by CommissarSpartacus View Post
    I like hot and ambitious babes. I'm shallow like that. Too much testosterone, I guess...
    Stay away from the Carolla then. But ambitious babes don't prefer old looking cars either, so...

  4. #124
    The Victimizer CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    37,632
    Thanks
    9,106
    Thanked 19,035 Times in 11,561 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    98

    Re: 2018 Toyota Corolla: not impressed.

    Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    But ambitious babes don't prefer old looking cars either, so...
    Says who?

    Taste, imagination and the self-confidence to be unusual always attracts intelligent babes.

    Any nerd with his own accounting business can buy a new car.

    A classic car takes a certain amount of flair to pull off.

  5. #125
    Registered User sahlensguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,696
    Thanks
    2,467
    Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,800 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    17

    Re: 2018 Toyota Corolla: not impressed.

    Quote Originally Posted by CommissarSpartacus View Post
    Says who?

    Taste, imagination and the self-confidence to be unusual always attracts intelligent babes.

    Any nerd with his own accounting business can buy a new car.

    A classic car takes a certain amount of flair to pull off.
    True. An '01 isn't a classic car yet though.

  6. #126
    The Victimizer CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    37,632
    Thanks
    9,106
    Thanked 19,035 Times in 11,561 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    98

    Re: 2018 Toyota Corolla: not impressed.

    Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    True. An '01 isn't a classic car yet though.
    It's an 03 and the SL Class is about as classic as it gets. Remember, the car cost a hundred grand brand new in 2003. I remember 2003. Wasn't so long ago.

    As a changer of pace...


    https://www.autotrader.ca/ico/nissan...urm=1&sprx=100

    A 2006 Nissan 350Z with 68,000 km, black on black, for $11,000.

  7. #127
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    84,608
    Thanks
    8,658
    Thanked 15,985 Times in 7,847 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    237

    Re: 2018 Toyota Corolla: not impressed.

    Long term I’d def take the Nissan over the Benz. The Japs make much more reliable cars than the Krauts. But the Benz is definitely flashier if that’s your thing.

  8. #128
    Registered User sahlensguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,696
    Thanks
    2,467
    Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,800 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    17

    Re: 2018 Toyota Corolla: not impressed.

    Quote Originally Posted by CommissarSpartacus View Post
    It's an 03 and the SL Class is about as classic as it gets. Remember, the car cost a hundred grand brand new in 2003. I remember 2003. Wasn't so long ago.

    As a changer of pace...


    https://www.autotrader.ca/ico/nissan...urm=1&sprx=100

    A 2006 Nissan 350Z with 68,000 km, black on black, for $11,000.
    The Nissan more in line with my taste and budget. I'd probably go for its sibling, the infinity Q35. Very similar cars though. Same 3.5L engine and same tyranny options. This one has a manual gear box, which is a high priority for me. It's the best way to get along on the mountain roads where I drive. Many enthusiasts agree and they are more rare. So I'm surprised that it has lasted for sale for over two weeks. The Achilles Heel of the car is that the engine drinks motor oil. Low miles, which there probably a story about. Hot car.

    But gawd, those headlamps...
    Last edited by sahlensguy; 04-23-2019 at 10:21 PM.

  9. #129
    Registered User sahlensguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,696
    Thanks
    2,467
    Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,800 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    17

    Re: 2018 Toyota Corolla: not impressed.

    Won't you consider a Porsche? The price of 996s are only going to increase.

    https://wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/porsche..._20_24&sprx=-1

  10. #130
    The Victimizer CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    37,632
    Thanks
    9,106
    Thanked 19,035 Times in 11,561 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    98

    Re: 2018 Toyota Corolla: not impressed.

    Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    The Nissan more in line with my taste and budget. I'd probably go for its sibling, the infinity Q35. Very similar cars though. Same 3.5L engine and same tyranny options. This one has a manual gear box, which is a high priority for me. It's the best way to get along on the mountain roads where I drive. Many enthusiasts agree and they are more rare. So I'm surprised that it has lasted for sale for over two weeks. The Achilles Heel of the car is that the engine drinks motor oil. Low miles, which there probably a story about. Hot car.

    But gawd, those headlamps...
    I looked in auto trader and there was no category for a Q35...

  11. #131
    The Victimizer CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    37,632
    Thanks
    9,106
    Thanked 19,035 Times in 11,561 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    98

    Re: 2018 Toyota Corolla: not impressed.

    Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    Won't you consider a Porsche? The price of 996s are only going to increase.

    https://wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/porsche..._20_24&sprx=-1
    Never been a huge fan of rag top convertibles.

    That's why I like the SL.

    Its a hardtop and a convertible.

  12. Post thanked by:

    sahlensguy (04-24-2019)

  13. #132
    The Victimizer CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    37,632
    Thanks
    9,106
    Thanked 19,035 Times in 11,561 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    98

    Re: 2018 Toyota Corolla: not impressed.

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Long term I’d def take the Nissan over the Benz. The Japs make much more reliable cars than the Krauts. But the Benz is definitely flashier if that’s your thing.
    I'm 69, retired and I already own a cool everyday car - a 2010 Honda Civic Sport with less than 30,000 k. It'll long outlive me.

    I'd just like something personal, something unique to make driving more than just going from a to b.

    I also have a red Honda 1000 v twin motorcycle.

    To make myself happy I'll add the Mercedes and a 500 cc supermoto.

    Then I can die a happy man.

  14. #133
    Registered User sahlensguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,696
    Thanks
    2,467
    Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,800 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    17

    Re: 2018 Toyota Corolla: not impressed.

    Quote Originally Posted by CommissarSpartacus View Post
    I looked in auto trader and there was no category for a Q35...
    Sorry, I meant the G35.

    https://www.enjukuracing.com/blog/g3...tter-vehicle-/

    A big difference is the 2+2 seating of the Infinity. Sounds like you don't need that but it does give better headroom for taller drivers over the 350Z.

  15. #134
    Registered User sahlensguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,696
    Thanks
    2,467
    Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,800 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    17

    Re: 2018 Toyota Corolla: not impressed.

    The 2010 SLKs have a more modern look, especially upfront and on the dash. There is a price jump though.

    https://wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/mercede..._20_21&sprx=50

  16. #135
    The Victimizer CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    37,632
    Thanks
    9,106
    Thanked 19,035 Times in 11,561 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    98

    Re: 2018 Toyota Corolla: not impressed.

    Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    The 2010 SLKs have a more modern look, especially upfront and on the dash. There is a price jump though.

    https://wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/mercede..._20_21&sprx=50
    The SLK's aren't the same as SLs. There are slight diferences. The interior isn't nearly as nice. There are no side vents.

    Don't get me wrong, if someone gave me one, I'd be thrilled.

    But to spend my own money, I prefer the SL. It's a man's car. The SLK is a kept woman's car.

  17. #136
    The Victimizer CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    37,632
    Thanks
    9,106
    Thanked 19,035 Times in 11,561 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    98

    Re: 2018 Toyota Corolla: not impressed.

    Here's 2015 review of the 2003 SLK.

    Go for a drive in New Zealand...

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bdd4VP8o2Gk

  18. #137
    Registered User sahlensguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,696
    Thanks
    2,467
    Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,800 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    17

    Re: 2018 Toyota Corolla: not impressed.

    Quote Originally Posted by CommissarSpartacus View Post
    Here's 2015 review of the 2003 SLK.

    Go for a drive in New Zealand...

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bdd4VP8o2Gk
    There is probably nothing that competes with it. Power, sophistication, size, and the retractable hardtop.

    I like the looks of the '09 and up better.
    Last edited by sahlensguy; 04-24-2019 at 03:00 PM.

  19. #138
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    84,608
    Thanks
    8,658
    Thanked 15,985 Times in 7,847 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    237

    Re: 2018 Toyota Corolla: not impressed.

    Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    Sorry, I meant the G35.

    https://www.enjukuracing.com/blog/g3...tter-vehicle-/

    A big difference is the 2+2 seating of the Infinity. Sounds like you don't need that but it does give better headroom for taller drivers over the 350Z.
    My current car is the Q50, which replaced the G35. I test drove the G35 when I was looking. It’s a good car that’s fun to drive, but they had already stopped making them for a few years at that point. The electronics were a bit dated and I wanted something a little newer so I won’t have to replace it anytime soon, so I went with the Q50. But I certainly wouldn’t mind a G35 coupe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •