Thread: Boblo boat being restored in Buffalo

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,973 Times in 6,554 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Boblo boat being restored in Buffalo

https://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf...mlivedotcom_sf

Probably means nothing to you guys, but in my childhood, we had an amusement park near Detroit on an island called boblo island. Closed in 93. One boat is being restored in Buffalo. These are beloved here in Michigan (one boat was gutted in a fire last summer)... I hope you guys enjoy the restoration project because it's big news here

2. Post thanked by:

Margarita (11-24-2018)

Buffalo Bills Fan

Thanks
    Thanked 3,080 Times in 2,309 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Boblo boat being restored in Buffalo

We had family friends in the Detroit area. We visited them...dunno, maybe 1960?, and while there we went to Boblo Island. I remember the Wild Mouse ride most of all.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,947 Times in 1,482 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Went to Boblo many times when I was a kid. Caught the ferry in Amherstburg, Ontario.

Loved it.

Buffalo Bills Fan

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    Went to Boblo many times when I was a kid. Caught the ferry in Amherstburg, Ontario.

Loved it.
    The OP doesn't believe us...that other people before him visited Boblo Island. Sad.

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy View Post
    The OP doesn't believe us...that other people before him visited Boblo Island. Sad.
    Wait what?

Buffalo Bills Fan

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Wait what?

Your appalling lack of timely response time to posters responding. Buzz off.

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Your appalling lack of timely response time to posters responding. Buzz off.
    Probably because I'm still confused as to why you posted what you posted. Because nowhere in this thread did what you post come up in any shape or form.

Maybe you have reading comprehension issues?

Buffalo Bills Fan

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Probably because I'm still confused as to why you posted what you posted. Because nowhere in this thread did what you post come up in any shape or form.

Maybe you have reading comprehension issues?
    My apologies. I've been dealing with migrains of late, and getting perceptual issues due to aura.

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

My apologies. I've been dealing with migrains of late, and getting perceptual issues due to aura.
    It's ok. I just wasn't sure why you said what you said. It kinda came out of the blue.

Buffalo Bills Fan

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's ok. I just wasn't sure why you said what you said. It kinda came out of the blue.
    Thanks for understanding.

I've given away my bikes and hiking boots and a lot of other stuff to charities, but I would like an update on your bike usage. We talked about bikes a couple of years ago.
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 11-30-2018 at 11:45 PM.

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks for understanding.

I've given away my bikes and hiking boots and a lot of other stuff to charities, but I would like an update on your bike usage. We talked about bikes a couple of years ago.
    I've been somewhat injured this year and with the new job and a move, I haven't ridden much. And now it's winter. I wasted a summer and rode little. I'm mad at myself for it

Buffalo Bills Fan

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I've been somewhat injured this year and with the new job and a move, I haven't ridden much. And now it's winter. I wasted a summer and rode little. I'm mad at myself for it
    I missed hearing about the job and the move. Still in MI, I hope.

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I missed hearing about the job and the move. Still in MI, I hope.
    Yup. Other big news is I got a dog. She takes up some time too!

Buffalo Bills Fan

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yup. Other big news is I got a dog. She takes up some time too!
    Glad your are still in MI. Most of my career was in automotive (Manufacturing, - worked usually in a plant, specifically painting, corrosion control, environmental, safety, new plant construction, union relations. I have worn sereral hats through the years.

I do miss my visiting to MI. That was a long time ago.

My arena when I traveled to Detroit was dealing with the A&E firms, the plant construction folks, the material suppliers. New processes, new materials etc.

Warren, Sterling Heights, Troy, Southfield, Bllomington Hills, Romulus, Wayne, etc.

There was a breakfast joint on Stephenson Highway, that was the best in the world.

And coming to drop off the rental car, there was this bar with attached hotel that gave you a beer at a reasonable price. Like half have the airport price, so that was where you got pre-soused so you would avoid the sky-high airport price.

The upper parts of MI is God's country. It didn't turn out, but my plan when I was in my 60's, was to settle in the upper part of the mitten.
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 12-03-2018 at 11:28 PM.

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Glad your are still in MI. Most of my career was in automotive (Manufacturing, - worked usually in a plant, specifically painting, corrosion control, environmental, safety, new plant construction, union relations. I have worn sereral hats through the years.

I do miss my visiting to MI. That was a long time ago.

My arena when I traveled to Detroit was dealing with the A&E firms, the plant construction folks, the material suppliers. New processes, new materials etc.

Warren, Sterling Heights, Troy, Southfield, Bllomington Hills, Romulus, Wayne, etc.

There was a breakfast joint on Stephenson Highway, that was the best in the world.

And coming to drop off the rental car, there was this bar with attached hotel that gave you a beer at a reasonable price. Like half have the airport price, so that was where you got pre-soused so you would avoid the sky-high airport price.

The upper parts of MI is God's country. It didn't turn out, but my plan when I was in my 60's, was to settle in the upper part of the mitten.
    I grew up just north of Detroit (metro) in a small town called Lapeer. We had a cabin near torch lake at shanty Creek near traverse City when I was a kid. We would ski and boat. Sadly, my dad sold it. It is God's country. The upper LP is stunning. It's getting very touristy though. It's changing fast. It's funny when you mention these places because it's always been odd to me that people who I know exist but have never met have seen the same things I have. I'm sure that doesn't ring odd to anyone else, but it's always been kinda a neat thing for me to think about.

Buffalo Bills Fan

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I grew up just north of Detroit (metro) in a small town called Lapeer. We had a cabin near torch lake at shanty Creek near traverse City when I was a kid. We would ski and boat. Sadly, my dad sold it. It is God's country. The upper LP is stunning. It's getting very touristy though. It's changing fast. It's funny when you mention these places because it's always been odd to me that people who I know exist but have never met have seen the same things I have. I'm sure that doesn't ring odd to anyone else, but it's always been kinda a neat thing for me to think about.
    There was a Bill Knapp's here, but it went away when the business folded up. It was only a couple of miles from my house, me and my dear wife often dined there.

Now that you have a dog, you might consider a bicycle dog leash. My across the street neighbor has one of these, and it seems to work just fine:

http://www.biketowleash.com/

Click on the videos.

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

There was a Bill Knapp's here, but it went away when the business folded up. It was only a couple of miles from my house, me and my dear wife often dined there.

Now that you have a dog, you might consider a bicycle dog leash. My across the street neighbor has one of these, and it seems to work just fine:

http://www.biketowleash.com/

Click on the videos.
    She will need to learn leash manners first. She pulls so bad.