Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43

Thread: Incentivize and or punitive sterilization...

  1. #21
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    84,051
    Thanks
    8,476
    Thanked 15,474 Times in 7,587 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    236

    Re: Incentivize and or punitive sterilization...

    Quote Originally Posted by ublinkwescore View Post
    Death penalty should be doled out more.
    This is exactly the type of irrational thinking Iím talking about. The death penalty has proven to be ineffective as a deterrent, horrifically biased towards the poor and minorities, and significantly more expensive than life imprisonments due to all the appeals and trials. The only reason to want more of it is pure vengeance, and there is no way to find common ground with someone who merely seeks vengeance.

    Furthermore, your initial posts wants sterilization of irresponsible people so they donít become burdens on society. So, you are willing to spend taxpayer dollars to put people to death but not to care for children. Again, there is no reasoning with this type of irrational thought.

  2. #22
    Avenatti food tester The Very Rev. Dr. Mr. Smartanus, Jr.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, Oregon Cocoa Mate: al-Sharti
    Posts
    5,553
    Thanks
    2,097
    Thanked 2,023 Times in 1,359 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    19

    Re: Incentivize and or punitive sterilization...

    Quote Originally Posted by ublinkwescore View Post
    The constitution is a joke. You can't honestly believe in that piece of successful freemason propaganda. Furthermore how is imposed sterilization upon the less intelligent and less industrious a deprivation of life?
    Now this is a fascinating statement. Freemason propaganda? What support do you have for that statement???

  3. #23
    Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Atwater, Ca.
    Posts
    21,621
    Thanks
    2,263
    Thanked 1,194 Times in 789 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    62

    Re: Incentivize and or punitive sterilization...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Very Rev. Dr. Mr. Smartanus, Jr. View Post
    Now this is a fascinating statement. Freemason propaganda? What support do you have for that statement???
    The fact that significant numbers of "the founding fathers" were masons.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

  4. #24
    Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Atwater, Ca.
    Posts
    21,621
    Thanks
    2,263
    Thanked 1,194 Times in 789 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    62

    Re: Incentivize and or punitive sterilization...

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    This is exactly the type of irrational thinking I’m talking about. The death penalty has proven to be ineffective as a deterrent, horrifically biased towards the poor and minorities, and significantly more expensive than life imprisonments due to all the appeals and trials. The only reason to want more of it is pure vengeance, and there is no way to find common ground with someone who merely seeks vengeance.

    Furthermore, your initial posts wants sterilization of irresponsible people so they don’t become burdens on society. So, you are willing to spend taxpayer dollars to put people to death but not to care for children. Again, there is no reasoning with this type of irrational thought.
    You are such a lame SJW... every one in prison is innocent...

    Sterilization is not execution you moron.

  5. #25
    Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Atwater, Ca.
    Posts
    21,621
    Thanks
    2,263
    Thanked 1,194 Times in 789 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    62

    Re: Incentivize and or punitive sterilization...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Very Rev. Dr. Mr. Smartanus, Jr. View Post
    Now this is a fascinating statement. Freemason propaganda? What support do you have for that statement???
    Also the fact that the constitution has done nothing to effect positively the conduct of the U.S. federal government.

  6. #26
    It's soooo embarrassing YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    63,754
    Thanks
    17,050
    Thanked 18,327 Times in 10,282 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    180

    Re: Incentivize and or punitive sterilization...

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    This is exactly the type of irrational thinking I’m talking about. The death penalty has proven to be ineffective as a deterrent, horrifically biased towards the poor and minorities, and significantly more expensive than life imprisonments due to all the appeals and trials. The only reason to want more of it is pure vengeance, and there is no way to find common ground with someone who merely seeks vengeance.
    It's not irrational because you disagree with it.

    The death penalty is 100% effective against recidivism, is a form of individual punishment not meant to be a deterrent to others, and generally no more biased than any other crime statistic. How rational is it to claim vengeance is solely the purpose for supporting it, and dismiss any possibility for finding common ground?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #95 KYLE WILLIAMS #22 FRED JACKSON #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS


    Josh Allen (courtesy of UncleOrton)

    School: University of Wyoming / Height: Mucho Grande / Stats are for losers
    Pros: Josh Allen is one of the best prospects in recent years. His arm strength makes Superman cry like the baby he is. He would be the perfect fit in a place like Buffalo where it has never once stopped snowing or had winds under 30 mph (according to the national media).
    Cons: Josh Allen is one of the worst prospects in recent years. If you were unaware, his accuracy is really bad. He also suffers from poor decision making which is reflected in his haircut.
    Pro Comparison: Josh Allen is equivalent to playing your drunk friend in Madden. One play, he lofts a screen pass over the running back's head out of bounds. The next play he throws a perfect 50 yard pass into triple coverage with one eye open asking "which team am I".
    QB JOSH ALLEN @ #7 LB TREMAINE EDMUNDS @ #16 DT HARRISON PHILLIPS @ #96 CB TARON JOHNSON @ #121
    DB SIRAN NEAL #154 G WYATT TELLER #166 WR RAY-RAY MCCLOUD #187 WR AUSTIN PROEHL #255

  7. #27
    Dumber than the average blonde :-) Blondie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl.
    Posts
    18,701
    Thanks
    13,202
    Thanked 6,648 Times in 4,621 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    47

    Re: Incentivize and or punitive sterilization...

    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    It's not irrational because you disagree with it.

    The death penalty is 100% effective against recidivism, is a form of individual punishment not meant to be a deterrent to others, and generally no more biased than any other crime statistic. How rational is it to claim vengeance is solely the purpose for supporting it, and dismiss any possibility for finding common ground?
    Seems the death penalty has killed more innocent than the criminals ... but there is no solid way to prove this.
    Life is Good ~ Uppy

  8. #28
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    84,051
    Thanks
    8,476
    Thanked 15,474 Times in 7,587 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    236

    Re: Incentivize and or punitive sterilization...

    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    It's not irrational because you disagree with it.

    The death penalty is 100% effective against recidivism, is a form of individual punishment not meant to be a deterrent to others, and generally no more biased than any other crime statistic. How rational is it to claim vengeance is solely the purpose for supporting it, and dismiss any possibility for finding common ground?
    The fact that it’s 100% effective against recidivism also means that it’s also 100% impossible to undo if the conviction is found to be wrong. Someone in prison who turns out to be innocent can’t be given the years back but they can be released and compensated. And as far as being an individual punishment, that’s all well and good but it’s not enough. It doesn’t help society to punish the individual after the fact. It helps society when the punishment is something that discourages people from committing the crime in the first place. Oh, and “individual punishment” and vengeance are inherently the same thing- making the person pay for what they did.

    And other crime statistics are biased toward the poor and minorities too, but that’s not an excuse for not correcting this one.

    So I stand by my statement. There is no logical or factual reason to support the death penalty.

  9. #29
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    84,051
    Thanks
    8,476
    Thanked 15,474 Times in 7,587 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    236

    Re: Incentivize and or punitive sterilization...

    Quote Originally Posted by ublinkwescore View Post
    You are such a lame SJW... every one in prison is innocent...

    Sterilization is not execution you moron.

    I never said sterilization and execution are the same thing. You’re the one who said you supported sterilization and also said you wanted the death penalty “doled out more.”

    I pointed out the flaws in the death penalty and the irrationality of wanting to spend taxpayer dollars to put people to death but not to care for children’s.

  10. #30
    It's soooo embarrassing YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    63,754
    Thanks
    17,050
    Thanked 18,327 Times in 10,282 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    180

    Re: Incentivize and or punitive sterilization...

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    The fact that it’s 100% effective against recidivism also means that it’s also 100% impossible to undo if the conviction is found to be wrong. Someone in prison who turns out to be innocent can’t be given the years back but they can be released and compensated. And as far as being an individual punishment, that’s all well and good but it’s not enough. It doesn’t help society to punish the individual after the fact. It helps society when the punishment is something that discourages people from committing the crime in the first place. Oh, and “individual punishment” and vengeance are inherently the same thing- making the person pay for what they did.

    And other crime statistics are biased toward the poor and minorities too, but that’s not an excuse for not correcting this one.

    So I stand by my statement. There is no logical or factual reason to support the death penalty.
    Everything in this post is your opinion.

    That doesn't make those with the opposite opinion 'irrational'.

  11. #31
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    84,051
    Thanks
    8,476
    Thanked 15,474 Times in 7,587 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    236

    Re: Incentivize and or punitive sterilization...

    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Everything in this post is your opinion.

    That doesn't make those with the opposite opinion 'irrational'.
    It is not my opinion that the death penalty can not be undone. It is a fact.

    It is not my opinion that the death penalty is not an effective deterrent. Many studies have proven this. It is not my opinion that preventing crimes is a major goal of law enforcement and deterrent penalties are one way of doing that. It is a fact.

    It is not my opinion that the death penalty is biased against the poor and minorities. It is a fact. You bringing up that other crime statistics are similarly biased has nothing to do with the death penalty. It’s deflection.

    You don’t understand the difference between fact and opinion. What makes the opposite opinion irrational is that it isn’t supported by fact when mine is.

  12. Post thanked by:

    Generalissimus Gibby (12-08-2018)

  13. #32
    Buffalo Bills Fan

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    14,489
    Thanks
    327
    Thanked 3,089 Times in 2,315 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    45

    Re: Incentivize and or punitive sterilization...

    O Canada...

    UN committee recommends Canada criminalize involuntary sterilization

    AFN National Chief wants forced sterilization of First Nations women made a Criminal Code offence

    Penny Smoke ∑ CBC News ∑ Posted: Dec 07, 2018 4:00 PM ET | Last Updated: December 7

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/indigenous/u...tion-1.4936879
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

  14. #33
    It's soooo embarrassing YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    63,754
    Thanks
    17,050
    Thanked 18,327 Times in 10,282 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    180

    Re: Incentivize and or punitive sterilization...

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    It is not my opinion that the death penalty can not be undone. It is a fact.

    It is not my opinion that the death penalty is not an effective deterrent. Many studies have proven this. It is not my opinion that preventing crimes is a major goal of law enforcement and deterrent penalties are one way of doing that. It is a fact.

    It is not my opinion that the death penalty is biased against the poor and minorities. It is a fact. You bringing up that other crime statistics are similarly biased has nothing to do with the death penalty. It’s deflection.

    You don’t understand the difference between fact and opinion. What makes the opposite opinion irrational is that it isn’t supported by fact when mine is.
    Ehhhhhhh, OK I'll revise my previous post a little...

    The fact that it’s 100% effective against recidivism also means that it’s also 100% impossible to undo if the conviction is found to be wrong. Someone in prison who turns out to be innocent can’t be given the years back but they can be released and compensated. And as far as being an individual punishment, that’s all well and good but it’s not enough. It doesn’t help society to punish the individual after the fact. It helps society when the punishment is something that discourages people from committing the crime in the first place. Oh, and “individual punishment” and vengeance are inherently the same thing- making the person pay for what they did.

    And other crime statistics are biased toward the poor and minorities too, but that’s not an excuse for not correcting this one.

    So I stand by my statement. There is no logical or factual reason to support the death penalty.
    Everything above except for the bolded is your opinion and despite your reluctance to acknowledge, not facts.

    You do realize that a portion of the legal establishment has been arguing in favor of capital punishment since at least 1879 and opponents still have not been able to craft a 'rational' enough argument to render the practice wholly unconstitutional, right? Are you really going to claim that a century-and-a-half worth of Supreme Courts have ruled in favor of the death penalty (or more specific aspects pertaining to it) based on irrationality? You think none of the those arguments are supported by fact?

    C'mon...that's just ignorance on a pretty high level.

    I'm an opponent of any type of capital punishment btw, just so that's out there before you have to resort to any 'you're stoopid because you think differently' responses.

  15. #34
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    84,051
    Thanks
    8,476
    Thanked 15,474 Times in 7,587 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    236

    Re: Incentivize and or punitive sterilization...

    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Ehhhhhhh, OK I'll revise my previous post a little...


    Everything above except for the bolded is your opinion and despite your reluctance to acknowledge, not facts.

    You do realize that a portion of the legal establishment has been arguing in favor of capital punishment since at least 1879 and opponents still have not been able to craft a 'rational' enough argument to render the practice wholly unconstitutional, right? Are you really going to claim that a century-and-a-half worth of Supreme Courts have ruled in favor of the death penalty (or more specific aspects pertaining to it) based on irrationality? You think none of the those arguments are supported by fact?

    C'mon...that's just ignorance on a pretty high level.

    I'm an opponent of any type of capital punishment btw, just so that's out there before you have to resort to any 'you're stoopid because you think differently' responses.
    You are wrong. It is fact that the death penalty is not an effective deterrent and does nothing to prevent crime before the fact.

    It is fact that other crime statistics being biased has nothing to do with the death penalty.

    And you are mixing apples and oranges. I never said the death penalty was unconstitutional. I said it was irrational. There are millions of things that are irrational that can’t be proven unconstitutional in court. And I never made a “you’re stupid because you think differently” argument. I stated why the opposing argument was stupid and backed it up with facts.

    I’m not one of those people who think everyone who disagrees with me is stupid. In this particular case, the people who disagree with me have no facts or rational argument to defend their opinion. So, it’s irrational.

  16. #35
    Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Atwater, Ca.
    Posts
    21,621
    Thanks
    2,263
    Thanked 1,194 Times in 789 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    62

    Re: Incentivize and or punitive sterilization...

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I never said sterilization and execution are the same thing. You’re the one who said you supported sterilization and also said you wanted the death penalty “doled out more.”

    I pointed out the flaws in the death penalty and the irrationality of wanting to spend taxpayer dollars to put people to death but not to care for children’s.
    What better way to prevent suffering than to prevent conception?

  17. #36
    Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Atwater, Ca.
    Posts
    21,621
    Thanks
    2,263
    Thanked 1,194 Times in 789 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    62

    Re: Incentivize and or punitive sterilization...

    This thread got ridiculously off topic.

  18. #37
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    84,051
    Thanks
    8,476
    Thanked 15,474 Times in 7,587 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    236

    Re: Incentivize and or punitive sterilization...

    Quote Originally Posted by ublinkwescore View Post
    What better way to prevent suffering than to prevent conception?
    I agree with that but I think that can be done with birth control and education.

  19. #38
    Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Atwater, Ca.
    Posts
    21,621
    Thanks
    2,263
    Thanked 1,194 Times in 789 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    62

    Re: Incentivize and or punitive sterilization...

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I agree with that but I think that can be done with birth control and education.
    Let's say Juan has been in and out of jail/prison his whole life. Juan grew up without a father. Juan is a validated gang member. Juan has 4 baby mamas. Juan is currently sitting in a prison in California, but will inevitably be out soon. Should we not offer Juan a slightly earlier release if he agrees to get snipped so that at least we know there can't be any more Juan's running around than there already are?

  20. #39
    It's soooo embarrassing YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    63,754
    Thanks
    17,050
    Thanked 18,327 Times in 10,282 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    180

    Re: Incentivize and or punitive sterilization...

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I’m not one of those people who think everyone who disagrees with me is stupid. In this particular case, the people who disagree with me have no facts or rational argument to defend their opinion. So, it’s irrational.
    So every Supreme court decision that sided in favor of capital punishment was based on zero facts and irrational arguments. Mmmmmkay.

  21. #40
    Avenatti food tester The Very Rev. Dr. Mr. Smartanus, Jr.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, Oregon Cocoa Mate: al-Sharti
    Posts
    5,553
    Thanks
    2,097
    Thanked 2,023 Times in 1,359 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    19

    Re: Incentivize and or punitive sterilization...

    Quote Originally Posted by ublinkwescore View Post
    The fact that significant numbers of "the founding fathers" were masons.
    Like George Mason? That's one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •