Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pride's 10 First Half Observations

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Pride's 10 First Half Observations

1. Middle of 1st defense looked soft against Raven Interior line and RB's

2. Special Teams Protection looks terrible!

3. Looks like KG abandoned the run again too quickly. Unless he is only looking for passing at this point in the preseason. My guess is we are 2 to 1 pass to run. Same as last year.

4. Travis Brown looks terrible

5. AVP looked pretty good, he seems to have the offense down pat.

6. Safety Coverage on TE is sketchy

7. Defensive Pursuit (aside from first series) looks good on the corners

8. Lack of discipline. Too many false starts/holding calls

9. Moorman and Lindell look good

10. I still don't like Greg Williams

Thanks
    Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,207 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Gilbride sucks.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    i agree with everything except this

3. Looks like KG abandoned the run again too quickly. Unless he is only looking for passing at this point in the preseason. My guess is we are 2 to 1 pass to run. Same as last year.

we were balanced ... threw 15 and ran 14

whereas if it was last year, we woulda thrown 22 and ran 7..
    For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Pride's 10 First Half Observations

Originally posted by Pride
    8. Lack of discipline. Too many false starts/holding calls
    first pre season game, and we are still a pretty young team.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by TypicalBill
    we were balanced ... threw 15 and ran 14
    Ok, cool... makes me feel better.

Originally posted by venis2k1
    first pre season game, and we are still a pretty young team.
    Maybe... but it still doesn't excuse it. Dropped passes... things like that I can deal with. Not mental mistakes. Holding I can even deal with... but M. Williams needs to get his head out of his ass by next week.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I was at the game, if you were balance in runs\Passes, you could have fooled me. Look like last year to me, you won't make me think you were balance, maybe after Brown got in, but while Drew and AVP was in, u weren't balanced.

Was TH hammy hurting, didn't see him, and we had no explanation. For those who watched on TV, please help with that one.

Your O:
    Drew: wasn't anything especial tonight..Didn't throw any INT's though.
    Receivers were well covered.
    OL: Protection for passing wasn't bad, but run blocking looked a little sloppy.
    I don't think Moulds caught anything. Reed was covered well.
    Short and Flat passes by TE and RB was your best bet tonight.
    Defense:'
    Adams got knock down when he rush the passer..it was a one on one and the center or guard just knocked him down straight up.
    He and Pat were a non issue when the Ravens ran up the middle, they avg. 4 yards each time.
    I watch Adams especially since you guys know how I feel about him. he stands straight up and the OL gets to his body and pushes him around. I just don't like him. Wys and I sat together and he will verify this later when he writes up his report.
    LB's had problems covering the TE and RB out of the backfield. Did a good job in the redzone. Spikes was pretty active, didn't see Flecther do a lot or Poisy. Winfield and Cements were good in coverage.
    Your depth guys or 2nd and 3rd Stringers weren't too good at all. Both sides of the ball, except for Irons, solid player. Your younger receivers were pretty good also.
    Travis was unimpressive, he was like night and day, there were times he threw fantastic and most of the time his passes looked indecisive. I must give credit to the Raven's starting D. they looked awesome. Either you guys were flat, or they were in midseason form

Your return ST's tonight was excellent. Your coverage teams were a little shaky.

I won't go into too many details as there were a lot of members on this board from the bills there who will give more details

Reach for the stars

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    i didn't see the game but thanks for pointing out those observations whether they were good or bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Visually stunning but camera-shy. Cntrygal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,603 Times in 4,539 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by MDFINFAN
    I was at the game, if you were balance in runs\Passes, you could have fooled me. Look like last year to me, you won't make me think you were balance, maybe after Brown got in, but while Drew and AVP was in, u weren't balanced.

Was TH hammy hurting, didn't see him, and we had no explanation. For those who watched on TV, please help with that one.

Your O:
    Adams got knock down when he rush the passer..it was a one on one and the center or guard just knocked him down straight up.
    He and Pat were a non issue when the Ravens ran up the middle, they avg. 4 yards each time.
    I watch Adams especially since you guys know how I feel about him. he stands straight up and the OL gets to his body and pushes him around. I just don't like him. Wys and I sat together and he will verify this later when he writes up his report.
    LB's had problems covering the TE and RB out of the backfield. Did a good job in the redzone. Spikes was pretty active, didn't see Flecther do a lot or Poisy. Winfield and Cements were good in coverage.
    Your depth guys or 2nd and 3rd Stringers weren't too good at all. Both sides of the ball, except for Irons, solid player. Your younger receivers were pretty good also.
    Travis was unimpressive, he was like night and day, there were times he threw fantastic and most of the time his passes looked indecisive. I must give credit to the Raven's starting D. they looked awesome. Either you guys were flat, or they were in midseason form

Your return ST's tonight was excellent. Your coverage teams were a little shaky.

I won't go into too many details as there were a lot of members on this board from the bills there who will give more details

Thanks for the notes! But one thing scares me.....

Wys and I sat together and he will verify this later when he writes up his report.

Could you convince him to keep it under 1000 words?

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Cntrygal

Thanks for the notes! But one thing scares me.....

Wys and I sat together and he will verify this later when he writes up his report.

Could you convince him to keep it under 1000 words?

you're asking for the impossible.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Travis banged his knee up in Clevland. Just a precaution.

How come when ever you hear or read about someone
    in the O talk about the O (about how comfortable they are in the second year, with the changes with the returning O line and all that stuff) it never comes out in practice, scrimage, or pre's. Yes yes I know its early but I'm a little concerned. If our O plays much worse we should change our name to the Buffalo Dolphins.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,377 Times in 2,101 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    I love decisive statements like " if you were balance in runs/Passes, you could have fooled me. Look like last year to me, you won't make me think you were balance, maybe after Brown got in, but while Drew and AVP was in, u weren't balanced."

when the stats were thus...
    Passing: 31
    Running: 28

with Bledsoe:
    8 passes
    7 runs

With VanPelt
    2 passes
    5 runs

with Brown
    21 passes
    16 runs

You know i've been casually stopping in to peak and its idiot filth like this that has kept me away form posting. Please try not to make equivocal, and idiotic statements like that. It detracts from the quality of the board.

About the Bills O-line
    -pass blocking was perfect until the 3rd stringers got in
    -The first team run blocking was not good, not bad but definitely not good, especially from Teague and Sullivan.

The Bills D
    -1st team pass rush was non-existent (outside of some good pressure form Schobel a few times), and Ryan Denney looked as bad as he did last year.
    -Coy Wire's going to be a player
    -the LB corps looked good, from top to bottom, with the first unit guys all over the field, and the second and third teamers looking good.
    -good job by the DBs
    -pass rush improved as the night wore on, showing that we have sort of a parity throughout the line, with the falloff from the backups to the starters not being all that big. Good depth no stars... McKenzie looked fabulous rushing form the DT position, and Kelsey looked better than Denney against the run and pass. Jones looked sluggish.
    -The first team D allowed a 2.5ypc average... a VAST improvement over last year, with the only runs of note coming AT Denney, and one 4 yarder where Lewis got hit on the LoS by Schobel and fell forward for 4 yards.

Now a quick point.
    With Denney, Schobel, Williams, Adams out there, J.Lewis averaged 2.5 ypc... explain to me how the middle of our D looked soft, when 10 of his yards came on 2 runs at the DEs (4 more runs for 6 yards the rest of the way)?

The only thing that frightened me was our Kick Coverage, and lack of Pass Rush form the 1st stringers.
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 08-10-2003 at 03:55 AM.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Visually stunning but camera-shy. Cntrygal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,603 Times in 4,539 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Ingtar,

Please don't let comments from others prevent you from posting. I really enjoy reading your posts and have learned alot from them.

Legendary Zoner Earthquake Enyart's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Ingtar33
    You know i've been casually stopping in to peak and its idiot filth like this that has kept me away form posting. Please try not to make equivocal, and idiotic statements like that. It detracts from the quality of the board.

Atta boy, Ingy.... let the mongoloids have it. :punchu:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think Moulds caught anything.

With Bledsoe they only passed one more time then running the ball and AVP passed only two balls. Moulds caught two out of Bledsoe's four completions. You may have been at the game but I am not sure how much you were watching (maybe it was the beer) but I guess as a fin fan I understand all your negatives statement and infrequent positive comments (just as the Bills fans, except Wys, will be more bias with positive comments).

The important thing is there were no major injuries.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by don137
    With Bledsoe they only passed one more time then running the ball and AVP passed only two balls. Moulds caught two out of Bledsoe's four completions. You may have been at the game but I am not sure how much you were watching (maybe it was the beer) but I guess as a fin fan I understand all your negatives statement and infrequent positive comments (just as the Bills fans, except Wys, will be more bias with positive comments).

The important thing is there were no major injuries.

Good post

and there were no injuries yesterday... *knocking every single part of me against the wooden table

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    welcome back Ing!!

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I was at the game too. I thought Denny didn't look good at all, but when they lined up Posey as the LDE, he got pressure and the defense looked a lot better.

I only saw a few plays where he did that and it looked good. I don't think the Bills wanted to blitz that much, but when they did it worked. Spikes got in on one pretty fast and almost had a sack. The starting front four, with Denny, Adams, Williams and Schoebel, didn't get much pressure on their own.

I think they played a pretty basic defense though, which might have been one of the reasons.

I thought Posey looked like a definite upgrade over Robinson and I think he'll have a great year. Wire, Clements, Posey, Spikes, Fletcher and P. Williams all looked good on D. Didn't see much from the others, but it's hard to see everyone....

Offense was a little shaky, but I got the feeling that they were getting more in a groove after the first couple series. Moulds was open a couple times, but they didn't look his way.

Not sure why Charles Johnson is still getting so much PT. Didn't see Aiken out there at all.

Mike Williams had a few too many false starts. Not a good sign.

Clements int changed the whole game around, imo.

go bills.

My IQ Test results came back negative BillsOwnAll's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Your O:

should we make a fin vs bucs report?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I love decisive statements like " if you were balance in runs/Passes, you could have fooled me. Look like last year to me, you won't make me think you were balance, maybe after Brown got in, but while Drew and AVP was in, u weren't balanced."

with Bledsoe:
    8 passes
    7 runs

With VanPelt
    2 passes
    5 runs

with Brown
    21 passes
    16 runs

About the Bills O-line
    -The first team run blocking was not good, not bad but definitely not good, especially from Teague and Sullivan.

The Bills D
    -1st team pass rush was non-existent (outside of some good pressure form Schobel a few times), and Ryan Denney looked as bad as he did last year.
    -the LB corps looked good, from top to bottom, with the first unit guys all over the field, and the second and third teamers looking good.
    -good job by the DBs
    -pass rush improved as the night wore on, showing that we have sort of a parity throughout the line, with the falloff from the backups to the starters not being all that big. Good depth no stars... McKenzie looked fabulous rushing form the DT position, and Kelsey looked better than Denney against the run and pass. Jones looked sluggish.
    -The first team D allowed a 2.5ypc average... a VAST improvement over last year, with the only runs of note coming AT Denney, and one 4 yarder where Lewis got hit on the LoS by Schobel and fell forward for 4 yards.

Now a quick point.
    With Denney, Schobel, Williams, Adams out there, J.Lewis averaged 2.5 ypc... explain to me how the middle of our D looked soft, when 10 of his yards came on 2 runs at the DEs (4 more runs for 6 yards the rest of the way)?

The only thing that frightened me was our Kick Coverage, and lack of Pass Rush form the 1st stringers.

The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

with Bledsoe:
    8 passes
    7 runs

With VanPelt
    2 passes
    5 runs

with Brown
    21 passes
    16 runs

About the Bills O-line

The Bills D
    -good job by the DBs

Now a quick point.

WELCOME BACK!!