Clear All
  • clumping platelets
    • Jun 2024

DE's will be the toughest cutdown

Definite starter: Aaron Schobel

Inside tract for other spot: Ryan Denney

Definitely NOT getting cut: Chris Kelsay

The remaining DEs: Marcus Jones, Keith McKenzie, and Grant Irons
    (all of whom played well, especially McKenzie)
  • Wys Guy
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

Gotta disagree w/ ya there CP. I didn't think Jones or Irons played well. Irons was actually pushed back a time or two. Jones simply didn't have any outside speed indicative that he's anything other than a 3rd team DE. I certainly don't think he played well. MD and I were sitting right next to each other specifially watching Jones/Irons w/ the 3rd unit, both of us were very unimpressed.

Call it whatever you want, but if his play doesn't improve a notch, he's not only not gonna play, but he'll be in danger of being the odd man out. Denney, ..........., I just don't understand how a guy can go from playing as poorly as he did last year to the way he played yesterday. I was constantly, and proverbially, rubbing my eyes to see if it was really him or someone else in a Denney jersey.

Puzzling that is....
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• BillsFever
      Mr. Predictament
      • Feb 2003

Jones looked like a bum. He couldn't create any pressure against the 3rd team OL.

Denney on the other hand looked like a different person. He might actually turn out to be a decent player.

Jones looked like a bum though. Casdf and BillsMan80 midas well get their 500 Zonebucks ready now, because there is no way he's gonna get 9 or 12 sacks this year.

Comment

• mikemac2001
        is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
        • Mar 2003

Its called An offseason in the NFL ....thats why you dont call someone a bust rookie season.

MUCK
        FIAMI

Comment

• mikemac2001
          is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
          • Mar 2003

jones isnt 100% i want to see him game 3 or 4 .

MUCK
          FIAMI

Comment

• Fairway To Green
            • Jul 2002

JOnes was definately disapointing.

Denny...................pleasently supprised

Mckenzie.......looked good.....would like to see him against the first teamers next week

Kelsey..............Did not make any plays but was flying around like a mad man.

Irons...............bye bye Grant

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

I must have imbibed too much. I was disappointed in Denney, thought Jones was OK. Wasn't it Jones who on one play flushed their QB (Wright or Boller) out of the pocket and tackled him from behind? I did forget my binoculars, so maybe it was someone else.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

jones, on his second play in the game flushed boller (a scrambling qb) out of the pocket, and the only reason it wasnt a sack when he caught him is because the qb fell forward for a 1 yard gain..
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Thanks, T, at least I got one right.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• colin
                    Drew's my hero!
                    • Jul 2002

Jones can play, he is not 100% and still made some plays, although he did get beat on a couple too.

I think Jones/Denny/Kelsey/McKenzie will be a fine LDE rotation with one of them rotating in with Aaron on the right side. Posey will line up down sometimes, and we will do some cool things with the blitz.

Comment

• G. Host
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2002

Irons was in coverage a good deal of time

I do not know if you noticed this but they were using him in a LeBeau style defense where end was dropping into coverage so LB could come underneath thru hole.

He was doing this when the 3rd string LBs were in there so several times where people say he was "out of position" he actually was in position but LB was out of it.

Sammy and Coleman played well as did Polk.

Comment

Working...
                      X