Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sam Adams...???

Drew and Sam stole all my hair WG's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sam Adams...???

These are just points that I made in another thread by Pride.

I watched Adams closely, and I'm gonna say it straight up!

If last nights game was the indication, Adams ain't much better than what we had last year and quite frankly, he's whatever comes just before washed up.

He played very upright and seemingly off balance. He got pushed around by guys much smaller than him. He was extremely slow to the gaps if he ever got there at all!!!

If there was one player that I was highly unimpressed with it was Adams and quite frankly, if that's all we're gonna get outta him, first of all, perhaps we should have drafted William Joseph, but second of all, other than name or lack of another DT, , just like last year, he wouldn't even necessarily win the starting job. I thought Edwards played better w/ the second line by a DemocratG shot!

I'll assume that weight and/or conditioning were factors and see what he does in the next couple of preseason games, but he didn't look anything other than very average if even that. He looks like a slob who can't play football! He had no power whatsoever!

If watching himself on film doesn't motivate him to do whatever he has to do to be better at DT, then he's finished as a gimme starter in this league on any decent team.

But again, if yesterday night's game was any indicator, then I'd rather see Edwards in there!!!
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Oh, BTW, Adams didn't have one tackle, one assist, NADA!!!

And it ain't "because they weren't running at him b/c they were so scared...!"

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Notice how Pat was all over the place though? I'd give Adams the benefit of a doubt that he will get better.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    he doesn't perform, he doesn't get "the" money.... incentive laden contract..

TD
    For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

eat, drink, and be merry cordog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Yeah he freed Pat up, so you have to give him some credit, also, was he getting double teamed? I didnt see the game.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I watched the game and I don't remember them once running at Adams. He's a DT, not an LB, so he's not expected to make tackles when they don't run at him. I wasn't disappointed at all in his play.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    wys is just going to take this opportunity to bash a guy he never liked and find a way to talk about...

1- thorton
    2- william joseph
    3- ej henderson
    4- travis brown.

what a joke.

big sam will be fine.. 4 carries for 6 yards against pat and sam.. wys can not phathom the fact that you do not measure a DT by the numbers.. which is all he is good at twisting..
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ps.. saw this post coming a mile away..

i am sure we will get a book on why TB is still the best qb for this team too, even though he was slinging ducks against the 2nd and 3rd.. and even 4th string defense last night.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Tatonka
    wys is just going to take this opportunity to bash a guy he never liked and find a way to talk about...

1- thorton
    2- william joseph
    3- ej henderson
    4- travis brown.

what a joke.

big sam will be fine.. 4 carries for 6 yards against pat and sam.. wys can not phathom the fact that you do not measure a DT by the numbers.. which is all he is good at twisting..
    Actually tat, wys was big on Sam Adams a year before prior to Admas signing w/ the raiders.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Hes gotta cut someone up since his boy TB looked like dog $h!t

My IQ Test results came back negative BillsOwnAll's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Wys are you sure your a bills fan?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    You gotta see him on TV then, Wys! Because he was getting double teamed and held the OL to let Big Pat roam all over the place. We knew he is not the kind of DT to rush the passer or run after the RBs...hell, Marv commented about his hussle in the game and I was pretty impressed too. He manhandled one guy and then was holding off two guys when Pat got his sack. You just like to complain!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Wys, you simply cannot make your normal statistical analysis concerning Adams at all. I know you are saying what you saw, but Adam TOTAL value is plugging and taking up blockers so Phat Pat and the linebackers behind him can make tackles. He only played one quarter of one pre-season game.

In the Super Bowl winning year on the Ravens he made 27 tackles the entire year. The next season he made 23. Last year he made 22. He can be an extremely valuable player if he makes zero tackles, we need him to take up space and not be bnlown off the ball and not allow interior linemen and fullbacks to have full speed unhindered blocks on Fletcher and Spikes and Posey. That's it. Anything else is gravy. The Ravens didnt light up the defense up the middle at all.

If you were pr Adams, you would be ALL over the small YPC and no long runs and shutting down Jamal, etc.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by justasportsfan
    Notice how Pat was all over the place though? I'd give Adams the benefit of a doubt that he will get better.
    PW was all over the place. It was very noticeable on several plays when Adams got pushed back or didn't do much while Pat surged.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by TypicalBill
    he doesn't perform, he doesn't get "the" money.... incentive laden contract..

TD
    Yeah, and we still may end up w/ DT issues.

I could give a crap about anyone's contract at this point! We need execution on the DL. Not savings due to a "good deal" contract, eh.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Mike32282
    You gotta see him on TV then, Wys! Because he was getting double teamed and held the OL to let Big Pat roam all over the place. We knew he is not the kind of DT to rush the passer or run after the RBs...hell, Marv commented about his hussle in the game and I was pretty impressed too. He manhandled one guy and then was holding off two guys when Pat got his sack. You just like to complain!
    This is exactly why you have to take anything a fin fan and wys says with a grain of salt.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by cordog
    This is exactly why you have to take anything a fin fan and wys says with a grain of salt.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by cordog
    Yeah he freed Pat up, so you have to give him some credit, also, was he getting double teamed? I didnt see the game.
    No, I didn't notice him get double teamed at all. Maybe up front on the first few plays. I didn't watch him every play, but many. From the plays that I saw, I didn't see one play from him that made me say, "Man, I'm glad we picked up Adams!" I saw him get royally dumped once, quasi twice, I saw him get pushed backwards on at least two plays by one man. And I saw an awful lot of him just taking his man and holding him but often being contained by that same man as he tried to get to one side or the other to make a tackle. I never saw him in the backfield. I also never saw him once surge and push his blocker backwards.

It was almost as if he had no strength. He also plays a lot higher than he used to. He looked off-balance and again, not possessing of much power at all.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Wys Guy
    Yeah, and we still may end up w/ DT issues.

I could give a crap about anyone's contract at this point! We need execution on the DL. Not savings due to a "good deal" contract, eh.

But the thing is, we didn't lol, even though you thought he looked awful, the middle of the D was very solid ... 2.5 yards per carry doesn't = DT issues :snicker2:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    oh and BTW, ..