Thread: Official 2019 Washington Nationals thread

Thanks
    Thanked 16,406 Times in 8,077 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Official 2019 Washington Nationals thread

Season starts tomorrow at home against the Mets.

No Harper, but he wasn't worth what he got anyway. I hope they can get Rendon locked up long term. There's some exciting talent on the team in Rendon, Turner, Soto, Robles and Kieboom. Hopefully Michael A. Taylor won't be out too long as he's the best backup option in the outfield. It'll help if Eaton can stay healthy.

The division will be tough, with Miami being the only team that doesn't have a shot.

Let's see those Curly W's....

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Official 2019 Washington Nationals thread

Not quite the start we had hoped for but there is some good news.

Robles is hitting well batting 9th. Rendon is playing well. Trea Turner has 4 stolen bases in 3 games (no that's not a typo). Scherzer pitched well in the opener- it was lack of O that killed us. Oh yeah- Turner's also hitting well. He had 2 HR and 4 RBI including the walk-off in the bottom of the 9th for the first curly W of the season.

Tomorrow (probably today by the time anyone reads this) is Bryce Harper's return to DC. And he'll be facing Scherzer...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, this is going poorly.

The team has been decimated with injuries. Turner is still out. Rendon, Soto, and Zimmerman have all missed time, along with key backups Michael A. Taylor and Howie Kendrick. The starting pitching has been inconsistent, and when they are good they get no run support.

People are calling for manager Davy Martinez’s head and it may happen. I see it both ways: it’s hard to expect anyone to win with that man injuries, but he’s made some questionable decisions.

We will see what happens but I read the other day that they’d have to play at a .603 clip the rest of the season to get to 90 wins. Ouch. I’m not holding out much hope.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,273 Times in 2,456 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I see the Dodgers pitched a one-hitter against them this afternoon.

That a big money franchise like the Nats have a worse record than the Reds, who can only afford a miniscule payroll, and play in a pitcher - killing ballpark is hard to understand. Money also buys a bench and minor Leaguers to surmount injuries

BTW, this is the Reds forum I belong to. It's a pretty good site...BB is taken seriously here. Check out the site.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/forum.php
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 05-12-2019 at 11:21 PM.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Crazy season so far. Nats are the hottest team in baseball right now- currently whooping the division-leading Braves and holding the wild-card slot.

There’s a lot of baseball left to play but at least they’re making it interesting after a garbage start.