Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Eichel

Thanks
    Thanked 10,373 Times in 6,088 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Trade Eichel

There is a culture problem with this team... and it all stemmed from the Pegula backed tank. The reward for that choice was Captain Jack.

I don’t want to hear his platitudes in a couple of weeks about accountability and crap. He clearly can’t hold himself accountable, because his play of late downright sucks.

Time me to send a message that we only want ballers here. I’d be kicking tires right now with LA. Their 1st round pick this year depending on the lotto results is a strong foundation from which to move on from this **** show.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,275 Times in 2,458 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Trade Eichel

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    There is a culture problem with this team... and it all stemmed from the Pegula backed tank. The reward for that choice was Captain Jack.

I don’t want to hear his platitudes in a couple of weeks about accountability and crap. He clearly can’t hold himself accountable, because his play of late downright sucks.

Time me to send a message that we only want ballers here. I’d be kicking tires right now with LA. Their 1st round pick this year depending on the lotto results is a strong foundation from which to move on from this **** show.
    I watched the local Fox sports broadcast of today's CBJ vs Sabres game, a 4 - 0 whitewash. I've been able to see the Sabres on tv 4 or 5 times this season. I see a thread here going after Housley, and he may well be a problem, but the Sabs don't seem to be an especially talented club.

I remember reading about that early 10 game win streak, but IIRC it was numerous OT games and what somebody called "puck luck."
    Dunno - I didn't see the games.

Well, there is always next year.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

3. Post thanked by:

mightysimi (04-01-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,069 Times in 9,519 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It really might be time. Only way a touch a jack trade is if the return is incredible.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,952 Times in 3,484 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Fingers crossed.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,983 Times in 7,600 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They're united in saying they're playing for pride, each other, the coach and the fans these past two weeks while shamelessly rolling over and taking pitiless beatings, and you want to disrupt this chemistry ? Out of control in craven pursuit of perceived success measured in the wasted intangibles of mere wins and losses denying the communion of shared purpose in being trounced as one, together.....a team !
    Mr. Pink shot me down in flames. I salute you, Pink.

7. Post thanked by:

coastal (04-01-2019),YardRat (04-04-2019)

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 1,048 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He got a 10 million dollar contract that he didn't really earn other than being not quite as good as McDavid. Not too many other 10M other players over 10M Tavares, Matthews, Doughty (next year), McDavid. Does Eichel have the same value as the other 4? I would say not at this point. It is true that the leaders need to be the hardest workers and lead by example. I don't see that with Eichel but I do see a relatively difficult contract to trade so you may be stuck with him.

9. Post thanked by:

YardRat (04-04-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

For his sake, yes.
    Get him away from the Black Widow and the Bumbling Billionaire.
    ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
    it's Don't Tread On Me.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

For his sake, yes.
    Get him away from the Black Widow and the Bumbling Billionaire.

12. Post thanked by:

Swiper (04-01-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    Fingers crossed.
    Not quite, a lot hinges on the draft lottery. Unless you can move him for the first pick. Straight up.

I just can not believe this team bottomed out like this. Like I've never seen anything like this.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I’d love to be a reporter at move out day.

So Jack, this entire organization tanked in order to draft you, and the team gave you $80 million and made you their captain... do you think that perhaps you’re part of the problem now?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,483 Times in 7,713 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So Jack, this entire organization tanked in order to draft you, and the team gave you $80 million and made you their captain... do you think that perhaps you’re part of the problem now?
    You are a ****ing idiot. Just like this guy....

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/opinion/way-go-paul

Anyone that would try to lay an ounce of blame on Jack Eichel for this season has got to be the ****tard of the year. Clearly no hockey sense. Stupid ****-c-k-ing idiot.

You want Mitch Marner instead of Eichel too? SO ****ING STUPID. Gretztky in his prime would struggle to get 27 goals and 50 assists with this piece of **** team.

ROFL @ you. You lost whatever credibility you ever had with this. You're stupid. Really ****ing stupid.
    Welcome to Buffalo Henri Jokiharju

16. Post thanked by:

ckg927 (04-03-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

How about we get a GM that gets us a Tavares?

How about we get a head coach with a sack?

How about we get some real ****ing owners instead of Ken & Barby Pennsylvania Pollack. Who the **** let these two idiots buy the team. The hockey has never been close to this bad in Buffalo - EVER.

****ing Robin Lehner stood out on the mic after the Islanders game pumping his fist after beating his old team screaming "play-offs baby!" Robin ****ing Lehner. The worst Sabres goalie I have watched in my lifetime.

Every ****ing player should be held responsible, except Jack Eichel. WTF happened to Skinner? One goal in 24 games or something like that? You still want to mortgage their future by signing the little pussy figure skater to a huge deal? HE WOULDN'T HAVE THOSE GOALS IF EICHEL WASN'T THERE FEEDING HIM THE PUCK.

Gurantee: if Eichel goes to any other team with a semblance of a core hie will be a huge super star.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I disagree this falls on Jack. But after four years, is he tainted by the losing culture? He's going to be 23 And the closest he sniffed the post season was his second year when the sabres we're a few games above 500 and in the wildcard discussion. And they bottomed out.

If they win the lottery, maybe explore a blockbuster, so long as the return is absolutely massive.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    I disagree this falls on Jack.
    Disagree? It's the stupidest ****ing thing ever written.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,952 Times in 3,484 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Dumb.

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,102 Times in 1,874 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This team is bad because we have one NHL caliber line. Our second is on par with Columbus's 4th. Our defense is shaping up but our forwards are so bad 40 out of 60 minutes, unless the first line scores 4 a game, we're done.

22. Post thanked by:

Swiper (04-01-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I have to agree that I don't see a lot of this falling on Jack. We don't have the depth...it was an issue all season.

Sobotka should have been pushed down to the 4th line at best...or sat in the upper deck.
    Thompson should have been sent to AHL..he may never be full time NHL material.

If possible...trade Okposo...5th, 6th...doesn't really matter...bring one of the AHL kids up

Bring Pilut up full time...Scandella, Nelson need to go...Hutton and Ullmark really haven't played that bad, but they get no help...maybe one or 2 true defensive defenseman....and one or 2 young scrappers...we play way to soft

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Housley is the problem. Beaulieu & Berglund proved that. They were too classy to say anything in public, but privately, I'm sure, they were saying I'm not playing for this dope. They knew that Housley had a successful career in Buffalo and if they came out against him they would look really bad. But Housley sucks.

The jury is out on Botterill too. If he stays with Housleyl and fails to strengthen this team with some proven veterans then he will look no better that Tim Murray and Darcy Regier. Hey, maybe the owners are the problem. Novel idea? I think not.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Housley is the problem. Beaulieu & Berglund proved that. They were too classy to say anything in public, but privately, I'm sure, they were saying I'm not playing for this dope. They knew that Housley had a successful career in Buffalo and if they came out against him they would look really bad. But Housley sucks.

The jury is out on Botterill too. If he stays with Housleyl and fails to strengthen this team with some proven veterans then he will look no better that Tim Murray and Darcy Regier. Hey, maybe the owners are the problem. Novel idea? I think not.

But Eichel? Only somebody with zero hockey knowledge would suggest that.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sure thing... Captain tank isn’t part of the problem.

#triggered

27. Post thanked by:

Skooby (04-01-2019)