Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 189

Thread: Trade Eichel

  1. #121
    Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11,817
    Thanks
    1,196
    Thanked 6,545 Times in 4,127 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    35

    Re: Trade Eichel

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Possibility of trading Skinner?

    LINK



    Stuck with Okposo.

    Stuck with Matt Moulson, Christian Ehrhoff, Ville Leino.

    Now stuck with Skinner who can no longer score. Carolina knew something when they dumped him.
    Numerous concussions.

  2. #122
    Skoobasaurus-Rex Skooby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    20,370
    Thanks
    12,765
    Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,470 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    54

    Re: Trade Eichel

    Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    Numerous concussions.
    Flo Flo trying to pick off our best players, not this time.

  3. #123
    Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11,817
    Thanks
    1,196
    Thanked 6,545 Times in 4,127 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    35

    Re: Trade Eichel

    Quote Originally Posted by Skooby View Post
    Flo Flo trying to pick off our best players, not this time.
    Rangers have the Sabres 3rd pick in this years draft thanks to the Jimmy Vesey trade!

  4. #124
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    45,165
    Thanks
    9,483
    Thanked 12,858 Times in 9,361 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    107

    Re: Trade Eichel

    Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    Rangers have the Sabres 3rd pick in this years draft thanks to the Jimmy Vesey trade!
    Take it. We would **** it up anyways

  5. Post thanked by:

    Skooby (02-21-2021)

  6. #125
    Skoobasaurus-Rex Skooby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    20,370
    Thanks
    12,765
    Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,470 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    54

    Re: Trade Eichel

    Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    Rangers have the Sabres 3rd pick in this years draft thanks to the Jimmy Vesey trade!
    That’s why you won’t be getting squat from Buffalo, we got fleeced.

  7. #126
    Registered User Swiper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sparing my telomeres
    Posts
    26,202
    Thanks
    12,263
    Thanked 11,326 Times in 7,592 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    67

    Re: Trade Eichel

    I wonder how Sabres cast-offs Vesey and Bogosian feel about playing for the Leafs instead of the Sabres.
    Welcome to Buffalo Henri Jokiharju

  8. #127
    Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11,817
    Thanks
    1,196
    Thanked 6,545 Times in 4,127 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    35

    Re: Trade Eichel


    Still more smoke!!!



    “I don’t think he ever asked for a trade, but [Eichel] was restless and teams knew it,” Friedman explained to the hosts on WGR550. The natural follow up was what would the package look like and if it would be too big for teams? “Maybe Buffalo would look at it that way – we need a billion assets, the things is – what’s the market?”



    Friedman did say he believes it will be a “robust market” for the 24 year-old center but not an enviable position for the Sabres. “He’s a number one center – here’s the problem guys, if Buffalo is trading him this offseason it’s because he wants a change and they want a change,” he said. “It’s not an easy position to deal from.”


    While I am fairly certain the Sabres will ask for Alexis Lafreniere, the L.A. Kings are not parting with Quintin Byfield so that’s a non-starter. I also don’t see the Anaheim Ducks parting with Trevor Zegras. As Friedman noted, it will be what the market decides a fair trade is for Jack Eichel.

  9. #128
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    45,165
    Thanks
    9,483
    Thanked 12,858 Times in 9,361 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    107

    Re: Trade Eichel

    Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post

    Still more smoke!!!



    “I don’t think he ever asked for a trade, but [Eichel] was restless and teams knew it,” Friedman explained to the hosts on WGR550. The natural follow up was what would the package look like and if it would be too big for teams? “Maybe Buffalo would look at it that way – we need a billion assets, the things is – what’s the market?”



    Friedman did say he believes it will be a “robust market” for the 24 year-old center but not an enviable position for the Sabres. “He’s a number one center – here’s the problem guys, if Buffalo is trading him this offseason it’s because he wants a change and they want a change,” he said. “It’s not an easy position to deal from.”


    While I am fairly certain the Sabres will ask for Alexis Lafreniere, the L.A. Kings are not parting with Quintin Byfield so that’s a non-starter. I also don’t see the Anaheim Ducks parting with Trevor Zegras. As Friedman noted, it will be what the market decides a fair trade is for Jack Eichel.
    I don't think laffy is a bust, but him having the worst start of a number 1 since patrik stefan is a red flag IMO

  10. #129
    Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11,817
    Thanks
    1,196
    Thanked 6,545 Times in 4,127 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    35

    Re: Trade Eichel

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    I don't think laffy is a bust, but him having the worst start of a number 1 since patrik stefan is a red flag IMO
    How many number one picks played all their games against the same 7 NHL teams during a pandemic?

    With 5 of those teams being some of the best in the NHL.

    How many of those #1 picks played on the top line?

    Laf didn't go to a basement dweller like your usual #1 pick does.

    The Rangers moved way up to pick first.

    They have Panarin and Kreider ahead of him on the depth chart.

    But Elliot Friedman is dead on, And it's what I've been trying to tell you.
    Last edited by Downinfloflo; 02-23-2021 at 07:17 PM.

  11. #130
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    45,165
    Thanks
    9,483
    Thanked 12,858 Times in 9,361 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    107

    Re: Trade Eichel

    Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    How many number one picks played all their games against the same 7 NHL teams during a pandemic?

    With 5 of those teams being some of the best in the NHL.

    How many of those #1 picks played on the top line?

    Laf didn't go to a basement dweller like your usual #1 pick does.

    The Rangers moved way up to pick first.

    They have Panarin and Kreider ahead of him on the depth chart.

    But Elliot Friedman is dead on, And it's what I've been trying to tell you.
    They aren't going to trade Eichel for a couple dimes. The sabres need to do better then a quarter for two dimes trade.

  12. #131
    Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11,817
    Thanks
    1,196
    Thanked 6,545 Times in 4,127 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    35

    Re: Trade Eichel

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    They aren't going to trade Eichel for a couple dimes. The sabres need to do better then a quarter for two dimes trade.
    Best of luck to Kevyn Adams and the Pegulas.

    “It’s not an easy position to deal from.” - Elliot Friedman regarding a Jack Eichel trade.

  13. #132
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    45,165
    Thanks
    9,483
    Thanked 12,858 Times in 9,361 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    107

    Re: Trade Eichel

    Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    Best of luck to Kevyn Adams and the Pegulas.

    “It’s not an easy position to deal from.” - Elliot Friedman regarding a Jack Eichel trade.
    I'd supposed no situation is. But he's not on an expiring contract. They can get great value. And if the market isn't there, they don't have to deal him

  14. #133
    Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11,817
    Thanks
    1,196
    Thanked 6,545 Times in 4,127 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    35

    Re: Trade Eichel

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    I'd supposed no situation is. But he's not on an expiring contract. They can get great value. And if the market isn't there, they don't have to deal him
    Then the Sabres have $19m in wasted cap space (Eichel-Skinner) sitting in the press box or floating around the ice?

    Buffalo can't afford that from a financial stand point.

  15. #134
    Peterman Sucks! Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the fifth ring of hell
    Posts
    30,562
    Thanks
    2,180
    Thanked 8,427 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    81

    Re: Trade Eichel

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Yeah. Plummets.

    Some people man
    Yes. Plummets.

    Fact of the matter is the Sabres would have got a lot more in return 2 years ago from the guy and they're gonna be lucky to fetch pennies on the dollar for him today, let alone waiting til the offseason.

    You got an expensive contract to move which limits the options, a guy that people are saying isn't a good teammate, a guy who has no desire to play defense and a guy who just kinda floats around the ice with no effort nor care.

    What do you think that that is going to fetch in a trade?

    The reality is you're going to get a couple mid to high level prospects, some mid tier overpaid vet and a 1st.

  16. #135
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    45,165
    Thanks
    9,483
    Thanked 12,858 Times in 9,361 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    107

    Re: Trade Eichel

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Yes. Plummets.

    Fact of the matter is the Sabres would have got a lot more in return 2 years ago from the guy and they're gonna be lucky to fetch pennies on the dollar for him today, let alone waiting til the offseason.

    You got an expensive contract to move which limits the options, a guy that people are saying isn't a good teammate, a guy who has no desire to play defense and a guy who just kinda floats around the ice with no effort nor care.

    What do you think that that is going to fetch in a trade?

    The reality is you're going to get a couple mid to high level prospects, some mid tier overpaid vet and a 1st.
    Sorry. No. He's a legit super star and those aren't moved every day. They'll get a kings random

  17. #136
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    45,165
    Thanks
    9,483
    Thanked 12,858 Times in 9,361 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    107

    Re: Trade Eichel

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Sorry. No. He's a legit super star and those aren't moved every day. They'll get a kings random
    Or at least they should. Otherwise, let him stay.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    Then the Sabres have $19m in wasted cap space (Eichel-Skinner) sitting in the press box or floating around the ice?

    Buffalo can't afford that from a financial stand point.
    The thing is , Eichel floating and disinterested is still better than 95 percent of the league.

  18. #137
    Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11,817
    Thanks
    1,196
    Thanked 6,545 Times in 4,127 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    35

    Re: Trade Eichel

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Or at least they should. Otherwise, let him stay.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The thing is , Eichel floating and disinterested is still better than 95 percent of the league.
    There's a reason General Managers spend little time around the players.

    You can't run a business with your emotions.

  19. #138
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    45,165
    Thanks
    9,483
    Thanked 12,858 Times in 9,361 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    107

    Re: Trade Eichel

    Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    There's a reason General Managers spend little time around the players.

    You can't run a business with your emotions.
    There's nothing emotional about it. Eichel is a premier player in the league. The idea the return won't be massive is based on nothing, except past ineptitude of old GMs

    If Eichel is available, teams will line up for him. And they'll figure out a way to bring him in. Because players like Eichel don't hit the market that often

  20. #139
    Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11,817
    Thanks
    1,196
    Thanked 6,545 Times in 4,127 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    35

    Re: Trade Eichel

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    There's nothing emotional about it. Eichel is a premier player in the league. The idea the return won't be massive is based on nothing, except past ineptitude of old GMs

    If Eichel is available, teams will line up for him. And they'll figure out a way to bring him in. Because players like Eichel don't hit the market that often
    You still don't get it.

    You're the only one in the Sabres forum that don't.

  21. #140
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    45,165
    Thanks
    9,483
    Thanked 12,858 Times in 9,361 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    107

    Re: Trade Eichel

    Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    You still don't get it.

    You're the only one in the Sabres forum that don't.
    What's to get? Eichel needs to be traded. He will fetch a large return.

    What's the problem here?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •