Thread: NFL owners discuss increasing field size, can look north to CFL for prime example

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,930 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

NFL owners discuss increasing field size, can look north to CFL for prime example

For the first time ever, the NFL discussed making the playing field bigger at recent owners meetings, according to Jay Glazer.

“It was brought up, the players have gotten bigger, faster, stronger, and the field hasn’t gotten any bigger,” Glazer reported for The Athletic. “I don’t see anything changing but this is the first year I actually heard about that.”

An NFL field is 100 yards long and 53 yards wide. The CFL configurations are 110 yards long – plus 20 yard end zones at each end – and 65 yards wide. Canadian stadiums were built with the bigger layout in mind while the NFL would have to redo some of its layouts to accommodate an increase in size.

Ideally, the NFL wants to minimize the number of high impact hits on the field. And once again the pro league south of the border is looking north for a potential way to innovate and evolve the game.

https://3downnation.com/2019/04/21/n...prime-example/
    Women experience interactions different than men”.

PM Trudeau on the alleged groping incident.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,408 Times in 8,078 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: NFL owners discuss increasing field size, can look north to CFL for prime example

Don’t see it happening.

Bigger fields = fewer seats = less revenue. And those are the expensive seats too.

But I don’t think we’d want to go as big as the CFL, especially since the CFL plays 12 guys per side and we play 11.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: NFL owners discuss increasing field size, can look north to CFL for prime example

The 1 yrd rule my understanding has lowered concussions by 50 % up here. Maybe look at that.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,224 Times in 11,330 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think there is a stadium in the league big enough for a Canadian size field.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
    2019 Mock
    -------------
    #9---OT Andre Dillard (DT ED OLIVER) #40---DT Dexter Lawrence (OT Dalton Risner) #74---RB David Montgomery
    #112---WR Jakobi Meyers #131---OT Bobby Evans #147---TE Drew Sample #158---LB Sutton Smith
    #181---CB Blace Brown #225---DE/LB Shareef Miller #228---CB Mark Fields

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

When canada taught america about football, they could not afford to build new staduims and had to use smaller baseball stadiums.