Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: A gay president? The majority of Americans believe the country isn't ready

Thanks
    Thanked 16,575 Times in 9,297 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: A gay president? The majority of Americans believe the country isn't ready

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/statu...158204929?s=19

In the same Quinnipiac poll I cited in a thread earlier, a potential buttigieg/trump matchup shows Mayer Pete up 5 points on grump. Maybe it's not so far fetched?
    I’ll say this about the Trump heads up poll. Right now a lot of voters are voting for the generic dem as opposed to for the specific name. As the primaries play out and some lines are drawn between who people support you could see these margins lessen somewhat. Definitely something to watch.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,734 Times in 7,121 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I’ll say this about the Trump heads up poll. Right now a lot of voters are voting for the generic dem as opposed to for the specific name. As the primaries play out and some lines are drawn between who people support you could see these margins lessen somewhat. Definitely something to watch.
    Of course. I agree. Nothing is set in stone

Thanks
    Thanked 5,506 Times in 3,322 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Iíll say this about the Trump heads up poll. Right now a lot of voters are voting for the generic dem as opposed to for the specific name. As the primaries play out and some lines are drawn between who people support you could see these margins lessen somewhat. Definitely something to watch.
    Maybe. But, that would probably be an increase in undecideds, not in Trump's number. What was striking about the recent polls was his consistent 41% or 42% saying they would vote for him.

Trump is an unprecedented unpopular president. NEVER in the history of modern polling has a president NEVER achieved over 50% approval even once.

This is a long term trend which shows an unmistakable pattern that has not deviated very much. It suggests that unless the Dems nominate a totally unacceptable candidate, (which is always possible), or an incredibly popular third party candidate (not very likely) Trump will probably get somewhere around 40% to 42% of the national popular vote.

Sure, it's early, and things can change....but, the evidence points to it getting worse for Trump, not better. 42% seems to be his ceiling, and high 30's is his floor.

It's soooo embarrassing YardRat's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,942 Times in 11,163 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Kinda hard to claim somebody's ceiling is 42 % when he already hit 46.2.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
    2019 Mock
    -------------
    #9---OT Andre Dillard (DT ED OLIVER) #40---DT Dexter Lawrence (OT Dalton Risner) #74---RB David Montgomery
    #112---WR Jakobi Meyers #131---OT Bobby Evans #147---TE Drew Sample #158---LB Sutton Smith
    #181---CB Blace Brown #225---DE/LB Shareef Miller #228---CB Mark Fields

I outrank you!!!! Generalissimus Gibby's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,251 Times in 4,408 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well considering how James Buchanan, the last gay president, plunged this country into a literal civil war I can understand not wanting another
    Rashida Tlaib is an American Hero, and I stand with her word for word:

"Impeach the motherфукер!!!!

Dumber than the average blonde :-) Blondie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,242 Times in 5,066 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by CommissarSpartacus View Post
    I can if it explains a concept you're having a problem with.

Do you think that Jonathan Swift REALLY thought eating English babies was the solution to the Irish Famine?
    Wiki is not a credible source
    My Mistake ~~ Sparty

The Victimizer CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,191 Times in 11,671 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    WTF are you talking about?

Do you know who Jonathan Swift was?
    boisterous hubris, arrogance, self deception, conspiracy, mud slinging mixed with a heavy dose of self righteousness.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Wikipedia is actually a fairly credible source. The articles themselves are not as anyone can go in and vandalize the hell out of them, but the sources listed in them and that they often link to are credible.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Kinda hard to claim somebody's ceiling is 42 % when he already hit 46.2.
    Jesus. That was in "approval" rating. I was talking abut the recent polls of head to head match up with several Dem candidates. But, you already knew that.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimus Gibby View Post
    Wikipedia is actually a fairly credible source. The articles themselves are not as anyone can go in and vandalize the hell out of them, but the sources listed in them and that they often link to are credible.
    Wikipedia does a fine job with history and literature, like the history of satire and Swift's role in it. Why anyone would object to something where the facts have long been established is beyond me.

11. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (06-13-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimus Gibby View Post
    If I was writing a paper for college,could never use wiki as a source ...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We aren't writing for college here.

The discussion at that point was about the history of satire, so as a service to the reader I posted some background on the history for those like yourself who weren't familiar with the subject.

Excuuuuuse me.

Your objection is inane.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by CommissarSpartacus View Post
    We aren't writing for college here.

The discussion at that point was about the history of satire, so as a service to the reader I posted some background on the history for those like yourself who weren't familiar with the subject.

Excuuuuuse me.

Your objection is inane.
    Stop being so sensitive.

15. Post thanked by:

notacon (06-13-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Pete will be shuffled off when the time is right for the party.

2016 Trump Wins
    2017 Trump Wins
    2018 Trump Wins
    2019 Trump Wins < YOU ARE HERE
    2020 Trump Wins
    2021 Trump Wins
    2022 Trump Wins
    2023 Trump Wins
    2024 Trump Wins

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Jesus. That was in "approval" rating. I was talking abut the recent polls of head to head match up with several Dem candidates. But, you already knew that.
    Actually it's the percentage of votes he received in the real head-to-head against Hillary, the Dem candidate. Apparently you didn't already know that.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Nor could I, and nor have I ever. However, if in the sources for their articles I found a title or link to a scholarly peer reviewed source or a title or link to a primary source I would order click that link and read the material and cite that journal or the primary source material found in those links or I would order the book or source through my library. I never cited wikipedia, but I would always be sure to mine the material in the reference sections of its articles as sometimes those provide useful information. Second, as Shiva says, this is not the University. This is a message board and we are trying to help you easily see information that has long been public knowledge. I am not going to post an article found in JSTOR because that is behind a pay wall, and while I have access to it and you do, someone like Shiva or Swiper or Notacon or Historian would have to pay something like 100 dollars to read that article. Does it suck that JSTOR and other collections of academic journals place them behind pay walls? Yes. However, that is the way it is.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Actually it's the percentage of votes he received in the real head-to-head against Hillary, the Dem candidate. Apparently you didn't already know that.
    Jesus. I know what I was talking about. As usual, you are missing the point altogether.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Jesus. I know what I was talking about. As usual, you are missing the point altogether.
    Obviously you don't if you are mistaking a vote total percentage for an approval rating.

If the 'point' is to display how Trump is going to get his ass handed to him by whoever he runs against...again...you might want to consider a different point to attempt to make.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Obviously you don't if you are mistaking a vote total percentage for an approval rating.

If the 'point' is to display how Trump is going to get his ass handed to him by whoever he runs against...again...you might want to consider a different point to attempt to make.
    You are so ****ing obtuse.

You donít even attempt to understand what others write. Jesus.

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,367 Times in 1,862 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SupremeParentHater View Post
    he's got a name, jagmeet singh. he also has a book out, which you can find here https://www.simonandschuster.ca/book.../9781982105396

personally, i think he'd make a great pm. seems to really care about people, unlike scheer and trudeau
    Scheer is a great guy, who understands what people go thru,unlike the trust fund baby. But we live in the real world with real problems, not some utopia that does not or ever will exist. But once jag said he would shut down oil production, he to will now be thrown to the scrap pile. And then maybe the NDP will pick a leader that can do a lot better. Or join the green party.
    Women experience interactions different than menĒ.

PM Trudeau on the alleged groping incident.