Thread: Another Race Controversy! Nurse denied marathon record: She didn't wear a skirt

Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Another Race Controversy! Nurse denied marathon record: She didn't wear a skirt

"A woman hoping to break the Guinness World Record for running a marathon dressed as a nurse did not achieve her goal -- but she would have -- had she been wearing a skirt.

A woman who wanted to break the Guinness World Record for running a marathon dressed as a nurse has been told her successful attempt does not count – because she was wearing scrubs and pants, rather than a skirt.

Jessica Anderson, a nurse at the Royal London Hospital, ran the city’s marathon last Sunday in the outfit she wears at work.

But she was told beforehand by Guinness World Records that she would need to wear a blue and white dress, apron and a traditional nurse’s cap for her effort to be valid, Britain’s Press Association reported.

Full-body scrubs are too close to the organization’s definition of a doctor’s costume, officials added."

While I find the uniform thing to be crazy... she knew beforehand. She should have protested the requirement before the race.

Link
    Last edited by Cntrygal; 05-07-2019 at 04:01 PM.
    For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Another Race Controversy! Nurse denied marathon record: She didn't wear a skirt

Guinness Caved!!!

Guinness World Records will recognize a nurse's marathon world record attempt, after initially denying her results because she wore scrubs instead of a dress.

Jessica Anderson, a nurse with the U.K.'s National Health Service, will now hold the title of fastest female marathon runner wearing a nurse's uniform after Guinness World Records acknowledged its stipulations were outdated.

Link

3. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (05-07-2019),Generalissimus Gibby (05-11-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,469 Times in 3,763 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Another Race Controversy! Nurse denied marathon record: She didn't wear a skirt

"Fastest female marathon runner wearing a nurse's uniform" is quite a strange record to hold.

I might go for the record for fastest male marathon runner dressed as Jimmy Durante. Wouldn't even matter if it took me a month...I'd still hold the record.

5. Post thanked by:

Mace (05-12-2019),Margarita (05-12-2019)

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,273 Times in 2,456 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Goodnight Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

7. Post thanked by:

YardRat (05-12-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,927 Times in 2,421 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This this thread is Race-ist.

9. Post thanked by:

feldspar (05-09-2019),Margarita (05-12-2019)

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,311 Times in 4,457 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Between my mom's health problems and my own over the past few months I have not seen a nurse wear anything other than scrubs although the psychiatric staff still wear white coats when they come to take me away he he. . . .

11. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (05-11-2019),Margarita (05-12-2019),Novacane (05-13-2019)

Zone's most cruel & vile 2016 Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,022 Times in 6,622 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    "Fastest female marathon runner wearing a nurse's uniform" is quite a strange record to hold.

I might go for the record for fastest male marathon runner dressed as Jimmy Durante. Wouldn't even matter if it took me a month...I'd still hold the record.
    Would never work. Your nose is way too all over the place. You can't wear a hat or tie and be able to breathe long enough for blocking your lopsided nostrils. Don't even know you can wear shoes with all those extra toes.
    Pummeled by Pink, past puerile pap positing Peterman progress, predictable peril pushes past previous precedent, prominently pronounced publicly ! Fickle fate flouts frivolous foresight fanning flames of floom, er, doom !

13. Post thanked by:

feldspar (05-12-2019),Generalissimus Gibby (05-12-2019),Margarita (05-12-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,469 Times in 3,763 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Would never work. Your nose is way too all over the place. You can't wear a hat or tie and be able to breathe long enough for blocking your lopsided nostrils. Don't even know you can wear shoes with all those extra toes.
    You may have a point there.

Might take me a year then. I can still do it with hard work and determination.

The main key will be for me to say this a lot through my slow plod, so as not to be disqualified:

Last edited by feldspar; 05-12-2019 at 11:49 AM.

15. Post thanked by:

Mace (05-12-2019)