Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Jeopardy champ wants a job with MLB

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    4,474
    Thanks
    906
    Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,645 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    27

    Jeopardy champ wants a job with MLB

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...cid=spartandhp

    Doesn't he know there's no gambling in baseball?

  2. #2
    Well, lookie here... YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    67,128
    Thanks
    19,060
    Thanked 20,517 Times in 11,496 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    189

    Re: Jeopardy champ wants a job with MLB

    Dude is a machine. He's stated that half of the bookies in Vegas won't take his action, after this run the rest might join in and his future won't be in sports gambling any more either.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    4,474
    Thanks
    906
    Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,645 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    27

    Re: Jeopardy champ wants a job with MLB

    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Dude is a machine. He's stated that half of the bookies in Vegas won't take his action, after this run the rest might join in and his future won't be in sports gambling any more either.
    With sports gambling going nationwide & online in some states, he won't have to rely on Las Vegas casinos who can ban him. A lot of gambling will be state regulated and they will not be able to ban him just because he's better than the losers. In most places it will be illegal to ban someone who is just better & not cheating. They won't be able to weed out the winners like a private Las Vegas casino can.

  4. #4
    Registered User feldspar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,906
    Thanks
    2,128
    Thanked 6,342 Times in 3,694 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    37

    Re: Jeopardy champ wants a job with MLB

    This guy is just insanely good.

    Starts out at the high value questions at the bottom of the board so he'll have some leeway to bet big money when he gets a daily-double. Then goes nuts on the final question, betting more than anybody I've ever seen. His strategy is to go whole-hog a lot. Maybe that will turn around and bite him eventually, but right now he seems unstoppable.

  5. #5
    Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    18,211
    Thanks
    22,499
    Thanked 6,310 Times in 4,456 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    0

    Re: Jeopardy champ wants a job with MLB

    My God, they actually found a guy more punchable than Ken Jennings

  6. Post thanked by:

    Swiper (05-11-2019)

  7. #6
    Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sitting on a toilet tank near you.
    Posts
    24,417
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 3,571 Times in 1,812 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    98

    Re: Jeopardy champ wants a job with MLB

    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimus Gibby View Post
    My God, they actually found a guy more punchable than Ken Jennings
    lol

    I like the guy. He beats the living snot out of everyone. I hope he wins 100000 days in a row and it pisses everyone off.

  8. #7
    Registered User Swiper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sparing my telomeres
    Posts
    21,526
    Thanks
    9,849
    Thanked 9,104 Times in 6,139 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    55

    Re: Jeopardy champ wants a job with MLB

    Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    lol

    I like the guy. He beats the living snot out of everyone. I hope he wins 100000 days in a row and it pisses everyone off.
    He's got a goofy, weird smile. Something weird about it. But he's a machine is right. He answered 97% of the questions correctly at one point deep into his run on Jeopardy. Just amazing to watch.
    Welcome to Buffalo Carter Hutton

  9. Post thanked by:

    Generalissimus Gibby (05-11-2019)

  10. #8
    Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sitting on a toilet tank near you.
    Posts
    24,417
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 3,571 Times in 1,812 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    98

    Re: Jeopardy champ wants a job with MLB

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    He's got a goofy, weird smile. Something weird about it. But he's a machine is right. He answered 97% of the questions correctly at one point deep into his run on Jeopardy. Just amazing to watch.
    I think the most I've seen him get wrong in an episode is 3.

    One of them was a true daily double, he had 9,000, risked it all and got it wrong. Still ended up with over 50k at the end. lol

  11. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    4,474
    Thanks
    906
    Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,645 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    27

    Re: Jeopardy champ wants a job with MLB

    Last week they ran a shortened version of his episode on The Chase on GSN 5 years ago. He set the record for most right answers & had the Beast totally rattled.


    https://www.tmz.com/2019/04/25/jeopa...e-set-records/

  12. #10
    Registered User feldspar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,906
    Thanks
    2,128
    Thanked 6,342 Times in 3,694 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    37

    Re: Jeopardy champ wants a job with MLB

    This guy might need a job at this rate...

  13. #11
    Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sitting on a toilet tank near you.
    Posts
    24,417
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 3,571 Times in 1,812 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    98

    Re: Jeopardy champ wants a job with MLB

    Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    This guy might need a job at this rate...
    He's never going to lose. I don't see it. I'm interested to see how Jeopardy plans to handle this. Has any contestant ever "retired" undefeated?

  14. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    4,474
    Thanks
    906
    Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,645 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    27

    Re: Jeopardy champ wants a job with MLB

    Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    He's never going to lose. I don't see it. I'm interested to see how Jeopardy plans to handle this. Has any contestant ever "retired" undefeated?
    Years ago a champion could only play a maximum of 5 games & then was retired undefeated. Up until James Holzhauer came around, the best player in Jeopardy history has been Brad Rutter. Brad has beaten Ken Jennings in every human only special tournament they've had & his only loss was when he finished 3rd to the computer Watson & Jennings. Brad was retired at 5 regular games but with tournament wins is Jeopardy's all time money winner.

    The way Holzhauer is going to lose is that he'll miss a daily double late in the 1st round wiping out his bankroll and will be aced out of the doubles in the 2nd round while playing from behind. The key will be to get ahead of him before final Jeopardy. He will eventually lose, but it will be a fluke. The woman who defeated Ken Jennings lost the next day.

  15. #13
    Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sitting on a toilet tank near you.
    Posts
    24,417
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 3,571 Times in 1,812 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    98

    Re: Jeopardy champ wants a job with MLB

    Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    Years ago a champion could only play a maximum of 5 games & then was retired undefeated. Up until James Holzhauer came around, the best player in Jeopardy history has been Brad Rutter. Brad has beaten Ken Jennings in every human only special tournament they've had & his only loss was when he finished 3rd to the computer Watson & Jennings. Brad was retired at 5 regular games but with tournament wins is Jeopardy's all time money winner.

    The way Holzhauer is going to lose is that he'll miss a daily double late in the 1st round wiping out his bankroll and will be aced out of the doubles in the 2nd round while playing from behind. The key will be to get ahead of him before final Jeopardy. He will eventually lose, but it will be a fluke. The woman who defeated Ken Jennings lost the next day.
    Jennings got questions wrong though. This guy doesn't. I think he's gone 3 straight games without a wrong answer. Yesterday he hit both daily doubles back to back in the double jeopardy round. He went from 20k to 55k in under a minute.

    It's going to take someone like Jennings to beat him, IMO.

  16. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    4,474
    Thanks
    906
    Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,645 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    27

    Re: Jeopardy champ wants a job with MLB

    Spoiler: If you don't want to know if he broke Jennings $ record don't scroll down, otherwise scroll down. The answer comes tonight 6/3/19


































































    - - - Updated - - -

    He lost: https://twitter.com/TheRandomIntel/s...15355067457536
    Last edited by Albany,n.y.; 06-03-2019 at 02:20 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •