Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 51 of 51

Thread: Sabres poised to hire Krueger?

  1. #41
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    33,607
    Thanks
    7,259
    Thanked 9,631 Times in 7,042 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    79

    Re: Sabres poised to hire Krueger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    When Botterill said he wanted someone with NHL experience, I thought he was talking like Trotz or Tortorella or Tippet or Vigneault or that ilk. Not a guy that got fired after his only season as head coach. That's not the kind of NHL "experience" the GM should be boasting about, telling the media he want's NHL experience. LOL.
    Tippett wasn't coming here. What were our options? Pass on vigneault. Ruff? Patrick Roy? Martin? No thanks.

  2. #42
    It's soooo embarrassing YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    65,959
    Thanks
    18,321
    Thanked 19,832 Times in 11,097 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    185

    Re: Sabres poised to hire Krueger?

    We've already got the futbol mindset built into the team when it comes to offense. One or two goals per game, anything more than that is just rubbing it in.

    I can only imagine how the arena is going to be rocking with "GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAL!!!!! OLE!!! OLE, OLE, OLE!!!"
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
    2019 Mock
    -------------
    #9---OT Andre Dillard (DT ED OLIVER) #40---DT Dexter Lawrence (OT Dalton Risner) #74---RB David Montgomery
    #112---WR Jakobi Meyers #131---OT Bobby Evans #147---TE Drew Sample #158---LB Sutton Smith
    #181---CB Blace Brown #225---DE/LB Shareef Miller #228---CB Mark Fields



  3. #43
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    33,607
    Thanks
    7,259
    Thanked 9,631 Times in 7,042 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    79

    Re: Sabres poised to hire Krueger?

    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    We've already got the futbol mindset built into the team when it comes to offense. One or two goals per game, anything more than that is just rubbing it in.

    I can only imagine how the arena is going to be rocking with "GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAL!!!!! OLE!!! OLE, OLE, OLE!!!"
    He's actually an offensively minded hockey coach. Here's hoping that can kickstart the Sabres

  4. #44
    Registered User Swiper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sparing my telomeres
    Posts
    20,212
    Thanks
    9,221
    Thanked 8,432 Times in 5,692 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    51

    Re: Sabres poised to hire Krueger?

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Tippett wasn't coming here. What were our options? Pass on vigneault. Ruff? Patrick Roy? Martin? No thanks.
    How do you know that about Tippet? Bob Boughner. Craig Ramsey. I would have rather had Lindy Ruff back (although generally not).

    Pascal Vincent. Why did he get no play? He was AHL coach of the year.


    No. Instead Botterill hires a guy that his father coached as a kid. It wreaks.
    Last edited by Swiper; 05-19-2019 at 07:45 PM.
    Welcome to Buffalo Carter Hutton.



    wagoncircler: the biggest pussy in Buffalo.

  5. #45
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    33,607
    Thanks
    7,259
    Thanked 9,631 Times in 7,042 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    79

    Re: Sabres poised to hire Krueger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    How do you know that about Tippet? Bob Boughner. Craig Ramsey. I would have rather had Lindy Ruff back (although generally not).

    Pascal Vincent. Why did he get no play? He was AHL coach of the year.


    No. Instead Botterill hires a guy that his father coached as a kid. It wreaks.
    Tippett is staying in Seattle and is expected to coach the expansion team.

  6. #46
    Registered User Swiper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sparing my telomeres
    Posts
    20,212
    Thanks
    9,221
    Thanked 8,432 Times in 5,692 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    51

    Re: Sabres poised to hire Krueger?

    There is absolutely nothing written in stone about that.

  7. #47
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    33,607
    Thanks
    7,259
    Thanked 9,631 Times in 7,042 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    79

    Re: Sabres poised to hire Krueger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    There is absolutely nothing written in stone about that.
    Does it have t pro be written in stone? Tippett likes it there and that's the word around him. I highly doubt Botterill didnt poke around there.

  8. #48
    Registered User Swiper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sparing my telomeres
    Posts
    20,212
    Thanks
    9,221
    Thanked 8,432 Times in 5,692 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    51

    Re: Sabres poised to hire Krueger?

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Does it have t pro be written in stone? Tippett likes it there and that's the word around him. I highly doubt Botterill didnt poke around there.
    The NHL should have pushed him to Buffalo. You are spewing things that you actually no nothing about.

  9. #49
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    33,607
    Thanks
    7,259
    Thanked 9,631 Times in 7,042 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    79

    Re: Sabres poised to hire Krueger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    The NHL should have pushed him to Buffalo. You are spewing things that you actually no nothing about.
    The NHL should push someone toward a job they probably didnt want? Doesn't work like that

  10. #50
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    33,607
    Thanks
    7,259
    Thanked 9,631 Times in 7,042 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    79

    Re: Sabres poised to hire Krueger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    The NHL should have pushed him to Buffalo. You are spewing things that you actually no nothing about.
    And what if he wanted to stay in the west and work with Edmonton?

  11. #51
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    33,607
    Thanks
    7,259
    Thanked 9,631 Times in 7,042 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    79

    Re: Sabres poised to hire Krueger?

    You know what swiper? I apologize. Twitter word now says hes leaning toward the oiler job. If botterill passed on him, you have every right to be disappointed

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •