Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LOL@ The Jests

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,298 Times in 1,667 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: LOL@ The Jests

Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    Teams have gone longer than an hour without a GM. I'm sure it didn't need to happen instantly considering most of the GMing is done at this point and the roster is pretty much set.
    Except Gase made an idiotic trade already.

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziganth View Post
    I only spent a few mins researching the concept just now -- so I might very well be wrong -- but it appears that if a team fires their GM, then the HC is basically acting GM unofficially even if the team doesn't announce it officially. So that's gonna happen either way (?) if a team fires their head coach; it's just a matter of announcing it officially or just letting it be an unofficial/informal situation for the HC to be acting GM?
    I would think that has to be a thing the team decides. I can't imagine there is a blanket policy which tells teams who has to be in charge and when.

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    Except Gase made an idiotic trade already.
    My point is they didn't need to make a GM right away. The timing of a 2016 1st round pick getting traded for a 6th round pick is just an FU to McCagnan. Specially on the day of the firing within a few hours of getting the job.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,389 Times in 4,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So the next GM will have less power than Gase.

Yeah..that's going to work well..
    "You hate the idea that you're wasting your youth, but you stood in the background until you got older"

Thanks
    Thanked 3,265 Times in 1,866 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

what genius is leaking to the papers that Gase didn't want Bell and Mosely lol

Thanks
    Thanked 8,432 Times in 5,692 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Anyone else see Scott Pioli going to the Jets after he stepped down today? It wouldn't surprise me.
    Welcome to Buffalo Carter Hutton.

wagoncircler: the biggest pussy in Buffalo.

Zone's most cruel & vile 2016 Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,056 Times in 6,127 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziganth View Post
    I only spent a few mins researching the concept just now -- so I might very well be wrong -- but it appears that if a team fires their GM, then the HC is basically acting GM unofficially even if the team doesn't announce it officially. So that's gonna happen either way (?) if a team fires their head coach; it's just a matter of announcing it officially or just letting it be an unofficial/informal situation for the HC to be acting GM?
    Only bad ones. Many teams have a rising star assistant GM. If you saw the Bills war room video , we had Joe Shoen, Ravens were prepping DeCastro for loss of Newsome, we also had Brian Gaines until Houston hired him as GM. You can get away with this if you have Belichick, otherwise it's pretty much considered a fatal flaw. I mean imagine Freddie Kitchens GM, Doug Marrone, Jason Garrett, they have enough trouble coaching. Remember Chip Kelly. Adam Gase ? He hasn't even been a good HC. He was a good positional coach when he had good QB's, he wasn't all that though when he didn't.

He's already made moves. I'm not real sure he's not Josh McDaniels thinking he's smarter than he is, and heading back to position coach in a couple years where hopefully he gets another good one somewhere because he's a QB whisperer like Hue Jackson.

It's probably a good thing for us though, the Jets are lost in themselves.
    And if Obama did that ? Seriously ?

Is Mr. Pink the one to bring me down ? Is Peterman on an NFL roster in 2019 ? What avatar do I choose for Mr. Pink ? Stay tuned, it's hugely !

Thanks
    Thanked 8,432 Times in 5,692 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Rumors fly of the Jets pursuing Peyton Manning

Jets CEO and chairman Christopher Johnson wants a “great strategic thinker” to run the football operation. He needs someone who can work with coach Adam Gase. And at the intersection possibly resides one and only one name.

Peyton Manning.

Rumors are flying within league circles that the Jets may make a run at the future Hall of Fame quarterback who has periodically been linked to NFL management possibilities. And Gase, who worked with Manning in Denver, possibly would be one of the few guys who could draw Manning back into football.

Manning wouldn’t be a traditional G.M., but Johnson has made it clear that he’s not looking for a traditional G.M.

“It’s more than a talent-evaluation guy,” Johnson said Wednesday. “I want a great manager, a communicator, who can collaborate well with the building. I’m convinced we’re going to find that person.”

Manning definitely would be that person. But it’s unknown whether Manning would be interested in being that person. If he is, it would fulfill a match more than 20 years in the making; in 1997, Manning supposedly would have left Tennessee early if he had an assurance that the Jets would make him the first overall pick in the draft.

Getting Manning also would go a long way toward removing the current stink of dysfunction enveloping the Jets, even if that stink is more than a little overblown.

Zone's most cruel & vile 2016 Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,056 Times in 6,127 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Manning carried Gase before, might be uncomfortable taking orders from him. Manning kind of seems pretty confident in his own judgement. Would be a hoot seeing it happen. Manning is pretty smart, don't think it's outside his range with some trial and error, his smart might end up concluding Gase isn't a good HC though.

10. Post thanked by:

Swiper (05-19-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's nice to finally see what it's like when the shoe is on the other foot.

For once the Bills ownership, FO, coaching, etc is in the right hands and making competent decision as we watch the **** show that is the Jets.

For once, we have a promising rookie QB who is going to have a continuity at HC, OC, and major improvements around him while the Jets QB had to start the learning curve all over again with a new HC and offense.

For once we will see how obvious it is when a franchise is a **** show while our team is on the right track.
    Please Make Sense

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,298 Times in 1,667 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why on earth would Peyton even take calls from the NYJ?