Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Equality Act

Thanks
    Thanked 15,994 Times in 7,853 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Equality Act

Quote Originally Posted by Discotrish View Post
    When it comes to pain specifically, scientific evidence is very clear that pain can be experienced by 20 weeks of pregnancy. But Condic said unborn children have a capacity to feel pain much earlier.

“The neural circuitry responsible for the most primitive response to pain, the spinal reflex, is in place by 8 weeks of development,” she explained. “This is the earliest point at which the fetus experiences pain in any capacity.”

At that point, the scientist confirmed “a fetus responds just as humans at later stages of development respond; by with withdrawing from the painful stimulus.”

She works for an admittedly pro life organization called the “bioethics defense fund.” Her biases define her science. For someone so critical of the “MSM” and climate scientists, you should be skeptical and smart enough to see through this BS.

2. Post thanked by:

ckg927 (Yesterday)

Raging hypocrite and resident troll
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,289 Times in 3,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    She works for an admittedly pro life organization called the “bioethics defense fund.” Her biases define her science. For someone so critical of the “MSM” and climate scientists, you should be skeptical and smart enough to see through this BS.
    Same holds for all *your* prochoice scientists.

We're subjected to that BS regularly.

Patti

Dumber than the average blonde :-) Blondie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,135 Times in 4,990 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

When it comes to pain specifically, scientific evidence is very clear that pain can be experienced by 20 weeks of pregnancy. But Condic said unborn children have a capacity to feel pain much earlier.

The neural circuitry responsible for the most primitive response to pain, the spinal reflex, is in place by 8 weeks of development, she explained. This is the earliest point at which the fetus experiences pain in any capacity.

At that point, the scientist confirmed a fetus responds just as humans at later stages of development respond; by with withdrawing from the painful stimulus.

I like when Patti tries to use science.

Its cute.
    Life is Good ~ Uppy

Thanks
    Thanked 7,070 Times in 4,063 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Again, no you dont. If that was true then you would have been appalled at stories where Israel has targeted high citizen areas where children and babies actually live and have been killed by missile strikes. Instead you choose to blame Hamas for using defenseless residents as human shields.

Your claim of value for human babies comes with quite a high number of exceptions when its convenient to your other political positions.
    It is true that Hamas uses human shields and fire from Mosques. You don't like it, go argue with the Anti- Israel UN who confirms this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3yAYJIhzEA

Thanks
    Thanked 16,449 Times in 9,222 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    It is true that Hamas uses human shields and fire from Mosques. You don't like it, go argue with the Anti- Israel UN who confirms this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3yAYJIhzEA
    I didn’t say it was true or not, I said your support for Israel in these campaigns knowing that it results in the death of children basically ends your valuation of life argument. If you truly valued life then it would be all life not just those that are politically expedient.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I didn’t say it was true or not, I said your support for Israel in these campaigns knowing that it results in the death of children basically ends your valuation of life argument. If you truly valued life then it would be all life not just those that are politically expedient.
    I support that Israel has a right to defend itself. Israel is the only nation that warns people to evacuate before they attack which I respect them for doing so. They are not perfect in the sense that they themselves can simply avoid the deaths of women and children when Hamas uses them as human shields.

But to simply make it seem that because I support Israels right to defend itself means I support the killing of women and children sounds like a narrative that the left would do which I though you were better than that. Guess I was wrong.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; Yesterday at 10:21 AM.

Registered User SupremeParentHater's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I support that Israel has a right to defend itself. Israel is the only nation that warns people to evacuate before they attack which I respect them for doing so. They are not perfect in the sense that they themselves can simply avoid the deaths of women and children when Hamas uses them as human shields.

But to simply make it seem that because I support Israels right to defend itself means I support the killing of women and children sounds like a narrative that the left would do which I though you were better than that. Guess I was wrong.
    wild how you continue to try and justify one country's war crimes just because you hate the other one more

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SupremeParentHater View Post
    wild how you continue to try and justify one country's war crimes just because you hate the other one more
    wild how you think that being anti- terrorist is a bad thing. And just to be sure so you wont twist my words around, I am anti-hamas and everyone should be. They are using Palestinians.
    The right to defend themselves is not a war crime.
    Speaking about war crimes, I dont see you crying about Hamas sends hundreds of rockets to civilian homes in Israel.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; Yesterday at 10:44 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You forget that we've been through this discussion before, you've been very clear that it didn't matter to you that Israeli was hitting targets in heavily civilian populated areas including schools where kids were killed. You want this discussion to be about the life of a child and the value you hold in it, so how can you not be asked to explain when you're completely inconsistent in that position. You had the opportunity to condemn the attacks and still be a supporter of Israelis right to self-defense, but you choose not to do that.

Also I didn't say you support the killing of women and children, I said your position is inconsistent and false. What you inferred from that probably says a lot more about questions you may have about your own position then I would place on you.

11. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (Today),SupremeParentHater (Yesterday)

Raging hypocrite and resident troll
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,289 Times in 3,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If you truly valued life then it would be all life not just those that are politically expedient.
    If we truly valued life we would ban McDonald's and many other fast food outlets.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If we truly valued life we would ban McDonald's and many other fast food outlets.

Sure, if that’s your position.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,470 Times in 8,174 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Not a bad idea, but I would start by taking CORN out of everything.