Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Single Moms

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,310 Times in 4,456 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Single Moms

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Missouri, the #1 state for deadbeat dads passed new abortion bill yesterday. Banning abortions past 8 weeks ... lol ...

Missouri is #22 in poverty rate, and #24 for unwed mothers.

They must be wanting to climb the charts ... lol
    Actually no. The good thing about this law is that its mostly for political grandstanding. Its the ultimate act of pandering to the evangelical base of the GOP in the state. A key provision of the law is that it would only be enacted if Roe is ever overturned and that is not going to happen. However, to rural -redneck/disembrained - voters who constantly vote Repugnant, it looks like "look it ma, the GOP cares about the babies." Never mind that our schools are failing, good jobs outside of federal employment are leaving, that our social safety network is in shambles. Never mind that programs for poor mothers are non existent.

Now to be clear I am anti abortion (albeit with exceptions for victims of rape, incest, and in cases where continuing the pregnancy poses a clear threat to the life of the mother), but this is a ridiculous pandering bill and sadly it has no provisions for helping low income mothers who may feel compelled to get an abortion due to a lack of social support including healthcare for mom and baby, as well as housing, food, water, and utilities (it gets cold here in winter time and gas can cost lots of money). Far from caring about life, this is a tax evasion and pandering scam. See the catch with Missouri right to life is that they don't want tax dollars going to fund abortion, and well that is fair. What is disgusting, however, is the same politicians behind this bill have actively worked to take away social safety net programs and/or worked to prevent social safety net programs from being implemented that would assist poor mothers. I am all for restricting abortion, but when you don't help a parent who has said I am keeping this child but I need help then you are an *******.

2. Post thanked by:

YardRat (05-19-2019)

Dumber than the average blonde :-) Blondie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,446 Times in 5,219 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Captain gameboy View Post
    I'm not sure what "create a workforce" means, but if it means create an economy where people can work and afford children, I'm all for it, but I'm also for responsible reproduction, wherein you accept responsibilities for your actions and deal with them, other than eliminating them.

Our church, which is quite small, runs two ministries to help out women who decide to carry to full term, referred to us by the local pregnancy center.
    One, which is quite successful, is a "closet" we run every week for a couple hours and distribute perfect clothing and other supplies to new Moms.
    The other is a mom education program, where new mothers bring their kids for a couple hours each week, and learn the basics of education, nutrition etc.
    My wife, who used to be a labor and delivery nurse, teaches the nutrition part component.

I teach budget and finance in a completely different organization that is multi-church funded, and everyone who attends, at least for the last two years, is a single mom.

There are tons of volunteer opportunities in this area.
    So, you don't really care about these single moms and innocent lives they bring into the world. ...

Classic Republican response you've shared..

You should have just said 'thoughts and prayers" ...
    Last edited by Blondie; 05-18-2019 at 10:27 PM.
    My Mistake ~~ Sparty

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimus Gibby View Post
    Actually no. The good thing about this law is that its mostly for political grandstanding. Its the ultimate act of pandering to the evangelical base of the GOP in the state. A key provision of the law is that it would only be enacted if Roe is ever overturned and that is not going to happen. However, to rural -redneck/disembrained - voters who constantly vote Repugnant, it looks like "look it ma, the GOP cares about the babies." Never mind that our schools are failing, good jobs outside of federal employment are leaving, that our social safety network is in shambles. Never mind that programs for poor mothers are non existent.

Now to be clear I am anti abortion (albeit with exceptions for victims of rape, incest, and in cases where continuing the pregnancy poses a clear threat to the life of the mother), but this is a ridiculous pandering bill and sadly it has no provisions for helping low income mothers who may feel compelled to get an abortion due to a lack of social support including healthcare for mom and baby, as well as housing, food, water, and utilities (it gets cold here in winter time and gas can cost lots of money). Far from caring about life, this is a tax evasion and pandering scam. See the catch with Missouri right to life is that they don't want tax dollars going to fund abortion, and well that is fair. What is disgusting, however, is the same politicians behind this bill have actively worked to take away social safety net programs and/or worked to prevent social safety net programs from being implemented that would assist poor mothers. I am all for restricting abortion, but when you don't help a parent who has said I am keeping this child but I need help then you are an *******.
    You're good little boy.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,671 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Top 10 List of states where women arenít worth a second ****?

kidding

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Top 10 List of states where women aren’t worth a second ****?

kidding
    Collateral damage or crisis actors??

Which one?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 732 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So, you don't really care about these single moms and innocent lives they bring into the world. ...

Classic Republican response you've shared..

You should have just said 'thoughts and prayers" ...
    You really don't get this, do you?

I don't stop at thoughts and prayers, as I have clearly stated.

Women who attend a community pregnancy program are referred to the three programs that I mentioned. My wife participates in one, and I the other, and our church runs the third.
    These programs are quite successful, fully volunteer and funded by churches, not taxpayer money.

If we didn't care about them we wouldn't do any of it.
    We would waste our time wining about people and things we knew nothing about on a message board.
    Its the light a candle-curse the darkness thing.

8. Post thanked by:

Margarita (05-20-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You really don't get this, do you?

I don't stop at thoughts and prayers, as I have clearly stated.

Women who attend a community pregnancy program are referred to the three programs that I mentioned. My wife participates in one, and I the other, and our church runs the third.
    These programs are quite successful, fully volunteer and funded by churches, not taxpayer money.

If we didn't care about them we wouldn't do any of it.
    We would waste our time wining about people and things we knew nothing about on a message board.
    Its the light a candle-curse the darkness thing.
    No, you don't really get this.

The states that are banning abortion and forcing women to have these unwanted babies is going to put more of financial stress not only on these women, but their communities.

Let woman have a choice if they want to bring that life into the world that others will have to help raise.

You can create all the programs and charities you want. That doesn't change the fact many women are now going to be forced into being a single mother, while deadbeat dad goes on wirh his OWN life.

Like I said, you should have just posted thoughts and prayers, because I don't care what you claim to do for these women, if you are in the same breath forcing others to have a child they don't want.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No, you don't really get this.

The states that are banning abortion and forcing women to have these unwanted babies is going to put more of financial stress not only on these women, but their communities.

Let woman have a choice if they want to bring that life into the world that others will have to help raise.

You can create all the programs and charities you want. That doesn't change the fact many women are now going to be forced into being a single mother, while deadbeat dad goes on wirh his OWN life.

Like I said, you should have just posted thoughts and prayers, because I don't care what you claim to do for these women, if you are in the same breath forcing others to have a child they don't want.
    The second I "force others to have a child they don't want," you will have something to say about it.
    I obviously haven't ever done so, or have the ability to do so.

In the meantime, I'll do what I can do to help the people we help and their children.

11. Post thanked by:

YardRat (05-19-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The second I "force others to have a child they don't want," you will have something to say about it.
    I obviously haven't ever done so, or have the ability to do so.

In the meantime, I'll do what I can do to help the people we help and their children.

So, then you don't support theses abortion bans these states are passing?

Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,378 Times in 3,118 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimus Gibby View Post
    Actually no. The good thing about this law is that its mostly for political grandstanding. Its the ultimate act of pandering to the evangelical base of the GOP in the state. A key provision of the law is that it would only be enacted if Roe is ever overturned and that is not going to happen.
    Heh. I didn't know that this was only a "theoretical" law that would only be enacted IF Roe is overturned. (not likely)

So all this Libgressive womb-wringing is basically about no one being affected anyway.

Well you could still set up your "Underground Abortion Railroad" just in case!

Patti

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Discotrish View Post
    Heh. I didn't know that this was only a "theoretical" law that would only be enacted IF Roe is overturned. (not likely)

So all this Libgressive womb-wringing is basically about no one being affected anyway.

Well you could still set up your "Underground Abortion Railroad" just in case!

Patti
    But this is what these states are hoping to do.

So, what would you do IF that became the case?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So, then you don't support theses abortion bans these states are passing?
    Nope, but I certainly understand the logic of the people who do, unlike the nonsense that gets posted here, like a claim that "they just want to control a woman's reproductive whatever..."

And I certainly know, beyond any doubt, that when my wife and I found out she was pregnant, each of three times, we considered it "life," and treated it as such.

I also know, beyond any doubt, that my church and the organization under which I teach the finances and budgets group provides an immense help to the folks that attend, and this non stop anti religious crap that goes on in this forum, isn't anything close to the reality that I observe.

16. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (05-19-2019),YardRat (05-19-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Nope
    Then I ask that you please start standing up to those who are wanting to pass legislation, wanting to do so.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Then I ask that you please start standing up to those who are wanting to pass legislation, wanting to do so.
    I do what I do, which involves helping people who have been brave enough to do what they did.
    I do not try to change people's minds.
    Its a waste of my time.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I do what I do, which involves helping people who have been brave enough to do what they did.
    I do not try to change people's minds.
    Its a waste of my time.
    So then why do you engage in politics on a message forum??

I am beginning to see why Sparty, Coastal and others say you are full of ****.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So then why do you engage in politics on a message forum??

I am beginning to see why Sparty, Coastal and others say you are full of ****.
    And that doesn't bother me at all.

People post a bunch of horsecrap here.
    When I see it, I respond to it, but very rarely.
    I don't start threads.
    I don't try to change anyone's mind.

I just, occasionally, get sick and tired of nonsense, and there is plenty of it here.

21. Post thanked by:

YardRat (05-19-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And that doesn't bother me at all.

People post a bunch of horsecrap here.
    When I see it, I respond to it, but very rarely.
    I don't start threads.
    I don't try to change anyone's mind.

I just, occasionally, get sick and tired of nonsense, and there is plenty of it here.
    Yes, your posts are just a bunch of nonsense, and self righteousness.

There is literally a problem with these states and trying to force women into single motherhood, and you don't want to stand up to these politicians.

You are a true altruistic person, and you try to redeem yourself like you care through charity.

You're not a hero.

Your

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

There is literally a problem with these states and trying to force women into single motherhood, and you don't want to stand up to these politicians.

You are a true altruistic person, and you try to redeem yourself like you care through charity.

You're not a hero.

Your
    Never claimed to be a hero, and I'm absolutely not interested in "redeeming myself like I care through charity," whatever the hell that sentence means.

People do things that help others.
    It's a choice they make when they are fortunate enough to be so motivated, and during the time they spend not reading horsecrap.

24. Post thanked by:

YardRat (05-19-2019)

Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,378 Times in 3,118 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You're not a hero.

Your
    No one is forced into single motherhood.

There is a very long waiting list of adoptive parents.

Patti

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Discotrish View Post
    No one is forced into single motherhood.

There is a very long waiting list of adoptive parents.

Patti
    if she wants her body to be an incubator for someone else that is her choice, not yours.