Thread: Bombers optimistic about securing Raiders, Packers NFL pre-season game in Winnipeg

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,967 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bombers optimistic about securing Raiders, Packers NFL pre-season game in Winnipeg

The Winnipeg Football Club is optimistic about securing the Oakland Raiders and Green Bay Packers NFL pre-season game at Investors Group Field, according to Jeff Hamilton of the Winnipeg Free Press.

Oakland and Green Bay are scheduled to play in Week 3 of the NFL’s exhibition schedule. The Bombers are on the road in Edmonton during Week 11 of the CFL slate.

After it was known Regina exited the running to host the NFL pre-season game, the Blue Bombers said “the Winnipeg Football Club is always exploring opportunities to host events at Investors Group Field.”

That exploration has led to Winnipeg being on the verge of hosting an NFL game for the first time ever.
    https://3downnation.com/2019/05/24/b...e-in-winnipeg/
    A very disturbing trend in Canada now is that Justin Trudeau's behavior and lies have become 'acceptable' . . . more disturbing yet is his cabinet of brain-dead penguins have accepted his criminal behavior and have surrounded and support him. Those same brain-dead penguins have a lesser grasp of 'ethics' than their leader . . . . this country is in deep poo.

Zone's most cruel & vile 2016 Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,633 Times in 6,413 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bombers optimistic about securing Raiders, Packers NFL pre-season game in Winnipe

I'd honestly rather see a US stadium secure a CFL game. It's not any great shakes for Winnipeg to secure a preseason game, like it was sort of tragic for the Bills to try and play home games in Toronto. It might be amusing but the CFL doesn't need the presumed validation besides it being an event.

I really believe the CFL is probably how the NFL wants to look in another decade while the CFL can't be bothered being the NFL.
    • "Dems have no achomlishments" - The President of the United States of America, that some people elected and defend. He says he's a stable genius by the way and some people still think so.

Is Mr. Pink the one to bring me down ? Is Peterman on an NFL roster in 12/2019 ? What avatar do I choose for Mr. Pink ? Stay tuned, it's hugely !

3. Post thanked by:

ticatfan (08-22-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bombers optimistic about securing Raiders, Packers NFL pre-season game in Winnipe

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I'd honestly rather see a US stadium secure a CFL game. It's not any great shakes for Winnipeg to secure a preseason game, like it was sort of tragic for the Bills to try and play home games in Toronto. It might be amusing but the CFL doesn't need the presumed validation besides it being an event.

I really believe the CFL is probably how the NFL wants to look in another decade while the CFL can't be bothered being the NFL.
    Brings in money for the stadium. Cant survive with just CFL games. And players that are not going to make it can see what is up here.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Official.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,645 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

When I see Bombers I think of only 1 team: New York Yankees

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,126 Times in 785 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    When I see Bombers I think of only 1 team: New York Yankees
    None of them passed for 714 yards in a game

8. Post thanked by:

ticatfan (06-14-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

80 yrd field. No kick offs. They were worried about the spot where the goals posts were. No big names. What a joke. Hope that is the last.

10. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (08-23-2019)

Zone's most cruel & vile 2016 Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,633 Times in 6,413 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ticatfan View Post
    80 yrd field. No kick offs. They were worried about the spot where the goals posts were. No big names. What a joke. Hope that is the last.
    I don't really think it was a joke, just poor planning that didn't need to happen. You can't really blame Canada for hosting a game the NFL didn't think through. There was a smaller crowd, but honestly they were hosting a preseason game without star appeal on the premise it should succeed because it's the NFL....playing a preseason game without star appeal and an evident lack of planning.

Canada has it's own version of an entertaining sport and is smart enough to know "NFL" doesn't mean scrambling for scraps like the NFL seems to think it should.

"Oh they'll be dazzled by our display, all we need is a stage".......No.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,805 Times in 7,366 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

That was a disgrace.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Less then 9000 tickets sold. 191.00 a ticket. Hopefully this is the last one.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,805 Times in 7,366 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I told you it was a stupid idea when they were trying to get it in Regina.

Who wants to pay that much for a pre-season game for non-home team?

Thanks
    Thanked 16,630 Times in 8,179 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It should be obvious at this point.

Canadians like the NFL in the US. They don’t like it in Canada. If they want to watch football in Canada, they watch the CFL. They don’t want or need the NFL on their side of the border.

16. Post thanked by:

ticatfan (08-23-2019),YardRat (08-26-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Vikings are a 6.5 hour drive. It is laughable to think that Canadian fans would pay 300 for a preseason game when they can pay 150 in Minnesota and watch the real teams play. The League, City and team had nothing to do with this. It was a private promoter who rented the stadium in Winnipeg for his show and why the tickets were through the roof with no wiggle room once the complaints started. Either way at 21000K it was still one of the most attended preseason games this year even for bull**** 80 yards, no kickoff, no starter ball.

18. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (08-26-2019),ticatfan (08-28-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    The Vikings are a 6.5 hour drive. It is laughable to think that Canadian fans would pay 300 for a preseason game when they can pay 150 in Minnesota and watch the real teams play. The League, City and team had nothing to do with this. It was a private promoter who rented the stadium in Winnipeg for his show and why the tickets were through the roof with no wiggle room once the complaints started. Either way at 21000K it was still one of the most attended preseason games this year even for bull**** 80 yards, no kickoff, no starter ball.
    Seriously. 90% of Canadians live within 100 miles of the US border. Buffalo and Detroit are literally right on the border. NE, the two NJ teams, Cleveland, Cincy, Chicago, GB, Minny, Seattle just a few hours from the border. Philly, Baltimore, DC,!Pittsburgh not that much further. If Canadians want to see a real NFL game, there are a lot of options for a long weekend.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Seriously. 90% of Canadians live within 100 miles of the US border. Buffalo and Detroit are literally right on the border. NE, the two NJ teams, Cleveland, Cincy, Chicago, GB, Minny, Seattle just a few hours from the border. Philly, Baltimore, DC,!Pittsburgh not that much further. If Canadians want to see a real NFL game, there are a lot of options for a long weekend.
    Exactly so no reason to pay through the nose for preseason games. Promoters are stupid.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Exactly so no reason to pay through the nose for preseason games. Promoters are stupid.
    Also, season ticket holders usually try to unload preseason tickets for next to nothing- I’ve even had people give them to me free when the Bills are in Balt/DC during preseason. If Canadians want to see a preseason game, use the $300 per ticket for a hotel, get cheap/free tickets and you can get a trip to an American city and see a game for the same price of just seeing the game in Canada.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Also, season ticket holders usually try to unload preseason tickets for next to nothing- I’ve even had people give them to me free when the Bills are in Balt/DC during preseason. If Canadians want to see a preseason game, use the $300 per ticket for a hotel, get cheap/free tickets and you can get a trip to an American city and see a game for the same price of just seeing the game in Canada.
    Totally, my brother used to buy season tickets to the Cardinals, go to a few games and sell the rest. He couldn't give away preseason tickets.

A guy on the radio from Winnipeg said he paid 140 US for a ticket to the playoff game against the Saints a couple of years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Also being a Bills fan not from the region, nothing compares to seeing your team in their stadium.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

There was 21000 at that game?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ticatfan View Post
    There was 21000 at that game?
    So they say, 21992. Mostly upper bowl seats were all gone because they were at least a semi-reasonable price but it sure didn't look that full on tv. That is still 1/3 empty for the whole stadium.