Thread: Incognito to sign with Raiders

Thanks
    Thanked 8,634 Times in 5,816 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Incognito to sign with Raiders

Incognito is back in the NFL. But how many 35 year old guards have ever played a full season in the NFL?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...hie-incognito/

Richie Incognito is back in the NFL.

Incognito will sign with the Raiders, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

The possible pairing between the Raiders and Incognito has been discussed for several weeks, with Incognito making a visit to Oakland early this month.

The 35-year-old Incognito started all 16 games for the Bills every year from 2015 to 2017 but didn’t play at all in 2018 after first announcing his retirement, then saying he wanted to come back but not finding any teams willing to sign him.

Incognito has had multiple off-field incidents, including his involvement in the Dolphins’ bullying scandal and an arrest at a funeral home at his father’s service. He has said he sought mental health treatment and is in a better place now
    Welcome to Buffalo Carter Hutton.

wagoncircler: the biggest pussy in Buffalo.

It's soooo embarrassing YardRat's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,000 Times in 11,201 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Incognito to sign with Raiders

I hope he gets his **** together off the field.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
    2019 Mock
    -------------
    #9---OT Andre Dillard (DT ED OLIVER) #40---DT Dexter Lawrence (OT Dalton Risner) #74---RB David Montgomery
    #112---WR Jakobi Meyers #131---OT Bobby Evans #147---TE Drew Sample #158---LB Sutton Smith
    #181---CB Blace Brown #225---DE/LB Shareef Miller #228---CB Mark Fields

3. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (05-29-2019),Generalissimus Gibby (05-28-2019)

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused. Generalissimus Gibby's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,289 Times in 4,441 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Frankly, I don't know if he should ever play again. I think some of his emotional outbursts and off the wall commentary could well be products of CTE and the last thing he needs is more head trauma. When he could keep his mouth shut he was a great OL, but the problem is he is a brain damage victim and he should not be medically cleared to receive more brain injuries.

5. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (05-29-2019),Luisito23 (05-29-2019),The King (05-29-2019),ticatfan (06-01-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,338 Times in 7,072 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimus Gibby View Post
    Frankly, I don't know if he should ever play again. I think some of his emotional outbursts and off the wall commentary could well be products of CTE and the last thing he needs is more head trauma. When he could keep his mouth shut he was a great OL, but the problem is he is a brain damage victim and he should not be medically cleared to receive more brain injuries.
    I agree.

7. Post thanked by:

The King (05-29-2019),ticatfan (06-01-2019)

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

100% this.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

9. Post thanked by:

ticatfan (06-01-2019)

Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!! Luisito23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,372 Times in 762 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Thumbs up Re: Incognito to sign with Raiders

Hopefully he'll retire with no further damage.
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Thanks
    Thanked 8,634 Times in 5,816 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Again, can anyone site a 35+ year old guy who played an entire season at guard? The signing doesn't make sense.

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused. Generalissimus Gibby's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,289 Times in 4,441 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Again, can anyone site a 35+ year old guy who played an entire season at guard? The signing doesn't make sense.
    It is the Raiders so in a way it does

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,382 Times in 1,877 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Maybe they will leave him behind in Winnipeg.
    Women experience interactions different than men”.

PM Trudeau on the alleged groping incident.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,211 Times in 3,626 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Bruce Matthews played all 16 games when he was 40, and he made the Pro Bowl that year (back when that kinda meant something.

He played all 16 games when he was 37, 38, and 39-years-old...and he was first-team All-Pro at those ages.

The list goes on. He at least made the Pro Bowl every single year from when he was 27 until he was 40, if not also being first-team All-Pro.

And he only missed games ONE season in his 19-year career, and that was when he was 26. Every year besides that, he played in all 16 games...for 19 years! And he never took a couple of years off to heal like our old pal Richie Incognito.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...M/MattBr00.htm