Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Official WB taps Twilight's Robert Pattinson to be the new dark Knight Batman

  1. #1
    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,849
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 927 Times in 635 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    14

    Official WB taps Twilight's Robert Pattinson to be the new dark Knight Batman


  2. #2
    Well, lookie here... YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    68,128
    Thanks
    19,879
    Thanked 21,290 Times in 11,908 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    191

    Re: Official WB taps Twilight's Robert Pattinson to be the new dark Knight Batman

    They hit their ceiling with 'Rises', it doesn't matter who they plug in behind the mask at the moment.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

  3. #3
    Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    18,211
    Thanks
    22,499
    Thanked 6,311 Times in 4,457 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    0

    Re: Official WB taps Twilight's Robert Pattinson to be the new dark Knight Batman

    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    They hit their ceiling with 'Rises', it doesn't matter who they plug in behind the mask at the moment.
    The ceiling was Kevin Conroy in Batman the Animated Series. As for live action, yes the Dark Knight trilogy was grand but as far as Batman on film and TV, The Animated Series, Mask of the Phantasm, and Batman Beyond, and Return of the Joker are the standards by which all other DC, especially Batman, movies and shows must be judged. Seriously, watch Mask of the Phantasm. When Bruce puts on the cape and Cowl for the first time and Alfred steps back in horror. Plus the ending is better. Rises was okay and the ending where Bruce gets to be happy with Selina is the ending you want for Batman, but Mask of the Phantasm where Andrea Beaumont gets her revenge on the Joker and then leaves is the ending Batman has to have because he cannot be happy.

  4. #4
    Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    18,211
    Thanks
    22,499
    Thanked 6,311 Times in 4,457 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    0

    Re: Official WB taps Twilight's Robert Pattinson to be the new dark Knight Batman

    By and large, the same is true of the Superman Animated Series of the late 90s. Those were Batman and Superman at their best.

  5. #5
    Well, lookie here... YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    68,128
    Thanks
    19,879
    Thanked 21,290 Times in 11,908 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    191

    Re: Official WB taps Twilight's Robert Pattinson to be the new dark Knight Batman

    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimus Gibby View Post
    The ceiling was Kevin Conroy in Batman the Animated Series. As for live action, yes the Dark Knight trilogy was grand but as far as Batman on film and TV, The Animated Series, Mask of the Phantasm, and Batman Beyond, and Return of the Joker are the standards by which all other DC, especially Batman, movies and shows must be judged. Seriously, watch Mask of the Phantasm. When Bruce puts on the cape and Cowl for the first time and Alfred steps back in horror. Plus the ending is better. Rises was okay and the ending where Bruce gets to be happy with Selina is the ending you want for Batman, but Mask of the Phantasm where Andrea Beaumont gets her revenge on the Joker and then leaves is the ending Batman has to have because he cannot be happy.
    I don't think cartoons should be judged alongside live action personally. I will check out Phantasm, though.

  6. #6
    Registered User justasportsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bundoks
    Posts
    60,119
    Thanks
    2,381
    Thanked 7,726 Times in 4,487 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    229

    Re: Official WB taps Twilight's Robert Pattinson to be the new dark Knight Batman

    does this mean batman will have glitter?

  7. #7
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    86,432
    Thanks
    9,384
    Thanked 17,475 Times in 8,661 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    242

    Re: Official WB taps Twilight's Robert Pattinson to be the new dark Knight Batman

    Marvel: “Let’s make the Avengers and each character can have their own series of individual movies that sometimes involve the other characters then we can have Black Panther show up and he’ll get his own flick and we can reboot Spider Man and tie that in, and oh, sure, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel can get in the mix and we’ll end with a huge epic movie that has all of them. Oh, and while we figure out where to go next with all of that, we never finished the Phoenix story line from X-Men so enjoy!”

    DC: “uh, I guess we can reboot Batman for the fifth time. Maybe try to get that teen drama vampire guy that the girls like so some women will show up this time? I don’t know.”

  8. Post thanked by:

    Generalissimus Gibby (06-04-2019)

  9. #8
    Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sitting on a toilet tank near you.
    Posts
    25,066
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 4,168 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    100

    Re: Official WB taps Twilight's Robert Pattinson to be the new dark Knight Batman

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Marvel: “Let’s make the Avengers and each character can have their own series of individual movies that sometimes involve the other characters then we can have Black Panther show up and he’ll get his own flick and we can reboot Spider Man and tie that in, and oh, sure, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel can get in the mix and we’ll end with a huge epic movie that has all of them. Oh, and while we figure out where to go next with all of that, we never finished the Phoenix story line from X-Men so enjoy!”

    DC: “uh, I guess we can reboot Batman for the fifth time. Maybe try to get that teen drama vampire guy that the girls like so some women will show up this time? I don’t know.”
    lol

    Let's see who we can get to play the next Superman. Is that guy who played Harry Potter available? If not we will get the guy who played Ron

  10. #9
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,234
    Thanks
    497
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 839 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    18

    Re: Official WB taps Twilight's Robert Pattinson to be the new dark Knight Batman

    Although I was initially critical of Affleck, I didn't hate him as much as I thought I would. I also didn't think Heath Ledger would be a good Joker and I was dead wrong on that one. I will reserve judgement until I see it but my expectations are pretty low.

    DC has had a decent run lately with Wonder Woman and Aquaman so hopefully they have it figured out.

  11. #10
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,234
    Thanks
    497
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 839 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    18

    Re: Official WB taps Twilight's Robert Pattinson to be the new dark Knight Batman

    Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    lol

    Let's see who we can get to play the next Superman. Is that guy who played Harry Potter available? If not we will get the guy who played Ron
    He's too powerful to have any sort of conflict with. They had to haul out Doomsday in the 2nd movie just so he had some challenge. The movies will be better off if they leave him out of it.

  12. #11
    Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    18,211
    Thanks
    22,499
    Thanked 6,311 Times in 4,457 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    0

    Re: Official WB taps Twilight's Robert Pattinson to be the new dark Knight Batman

    Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    does this mean batman will have glitter?
    Wait, I thought Joel Shumacher quit doing Batman flicks after Buttman and Rubbin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •