Thread: Official WB taps Twilight's Robert Pattinson to be the new dark Knight Batman

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Official WB taps Twilight's Robert Pattinson to be the new dark Knight Batman

Thanks
    Thanked 21,290 Times in 11,908 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Official WB taps Twilight's Robert Pattinson to be the new dark Knight Batman

They hit their ceiling with 'Rises', it doesn't matter who they plug in behind the mask at the moment.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,311 Times in 4,457 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Official WB taps Twilight's Robert Pattinson to be the new dark Knight Batman

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    They hit their ceiling with 'Rises', it doesn't matter who they plug in behind the mask at the moment.
    The ceiling was Kevin Conroy in Batman the Animated Series. As for live action, yes the Dark Knight trilogy was grand but as far as Batman on film and TV, The Animated Series, Mask of the Phantasm, and Batman Beyond, and Return of the Joker are the standards by which all other DC, especially Batman, movies and shows must be judged. Seriously, watch Mask of the Phantasm. When Bruce puts on the cape and Cowl for the first time and Alfred steps back in horror. Plus the ending is better. Rises was okay and the ending where Bruce gets to be happy with Selina is the ending you want for Batman, but Mask of the Phantasm where Andrea Beaumont gets her revenge on the Joker and then leaves is the ending Batman has to have because he cannot be happy.

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

By and large, the same is true of the Superman Animated Series of the late 90s. Those were Batman and Superman at their best.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,290 Times in 11,908 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimus Gibby View Post
    The ceiling was Kevin Conroy in Batman the Animated Series. As for live action, yes the Dark Knight trilogy was grand but as far as Batman on film and TV, The Animated Series, Mask of the Phantasm, and Batman Beyond, and Return of the Joker are the standards by which all other DC, especially Batman, movies and shows must be judged. Seriously, watch Mask of the Phantasm. When Bruce puts on the cape and Cowl for the first time and Alfred steps back in horror. Plus the ending is better. Rises was okay and the ending where Bruce gets to be happy with Selina is the ending you want for Batman, but Mask of the Phantasm where Andrea Beaumont gets her revenge on the Joker and then leaves is the ending Batman has to have because he cannot be happy.
    I don't think cartoons should be judged alongside live action personally. I will check out Phantasm, though.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,726 Times in 4,487 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

does this mean batman will have glitter?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,475 Times in 8,661 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Marvel: “Let’s make the Avengers and each character can have their own series of individual movies that sometimes involve the other characters then we can have Black Panther show up and he’ll get his own flick and we can reboot Spider Man and tie that in, and oh, sure, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel can get in the mix and we’ll end with a huge epic movie that has all of them. Oh, and while we figure out where to go next with all of that, we never finished the Phoenix story line from X-Men so enjoy!”

DC: “uh, I guess we can reboot Batman for the fifth time. Maybe try to get that teen drama vampire guy that the girls like so some women will show up this time? I don’t know.”

8. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (06-04-2019)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,168 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Marvel: “Let’s make the Avengers and each character can have their own series of individual movies that sometimes involve the other characters then we can have Black Panther show up and he’ll get his own flick and we can reboot Spider Man and tie that in, and oh, sure, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel can get in the mix and we’ll end with a huge epic movie that has all of them. Oh, and while we figure out where to go next with all of that, we never finished the Phoenix story line from X-Men so enjoy!”

DC: “uh, I guess we can reboot Batman for the fifth time. Maybe try to get that teen drama vampire guy that the girls like so some women will show up this time? I don’t know.”
    lol

Let's see who we can get to play the next Superman. Is that guy who played Harry Potter available? If not we will get the guy who played Ron

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 839 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Although I was initially critical of Affleck, I didn't hate him as much as I thought I would. I also didn't think Heath Ledger would be a good Joker and I was dead wrong on that one. I will reserve judgement until I see it but my expectations are pretty low.

DC has had a decent run lately with Wonder Woman and Aquaman so hopefully they have it figured out.

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 839 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    lol

Let's see who we can get to play the next Superman. Is that guy who played Harry Potter available? If not we will get the guy who played Ron
    He's too powerful to have any sort of conflict with. They had to haul out Doomsday in the 2nd movie just so he had some challenge. The movies will be better off if they leave him out of it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    does this mean batman will have glitter?
    Wait, I thought Joel Shumacher quit doing Batman flicks after Buttman and Rubbin