Thread: Ted Cruz: CIA Spying on Congress Fits the Pattern of Obama’s Abuses of Power

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,049 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Ted Cruz: CIA Spying on Congress Fits the Pattern of Obama’s Abuses of Power

This article is from March of 2014. It is very important and incredibly relevant to what is happening today.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-of-power.html

“If it is correct that the CIA breached the security of Senate computers, that is a very serious allegation,” said Cruz. “I would note, it is consistent with a pattern of the Obama administration, of disregarding the constitutional liberties of the citizenry and disrespecting the constitutional role of the United States Congress. And I would say that protecting the institutional authority of the U.S. Congress is not helped, when during the State of the Union, President Obama says, ‘If Congress won’t act, I will,’ and virtually every Democrat in Congress stands and cheers.”

Fast forward to 2019.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/07/p...mpaigns-spied/

Papadopoulos Suspects Other 2016 GOP Candidates Were Spied On

WASHINGTON, D.C.—Former Trump campaign aide George Papadopoulos told Tucker Carlson on Tuesday that he suspects the Obama administration spied on other 2016 presidential primary campaigns.

-----

So why is this so important? Think alibi.

I think most of us here are objective enough to admit that spying did occur on President Trump and everyone in his orbit.

The intelligence community (Deep State) used their powers to "investigate" Donald J. Trump before and after he won the 2016 election.

Supposedly, they had good, valid reasons to "investigate" candidate and President Elect Trump because..."RUSSIA!"

That was their alibi.

The Big Problem is, Ted Cruz had nothing to do with Russia.

Let's go back to 2014 again....

https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/h...on-9547625.php

Ted Cruz: Is the NSA spying too much on law-abiding citizens and not enough on those tied to terrorists?

On Jan. 14, in the Senate Judiciary Committee, Sen. Ted Cruz asked witnesses if government surveillance programs have focused too much on gathering information on law-abiding citizens and too little on people who are actually tied to terrorism.

“I think a great many Americans concerns about the current state of NSA surveillance. I have concerns on two fronts: I am concerned on the one hand that the federal government has not been effective enough monitoring and surveilling bad guys. That we have not succeeded in preventing what should have been preventable terrorist attacks. And that the same time I am concerned that the sweep of the surveillance has been far too broad with respect to law-abiding citizens. And I think a great many Americans would prefer to see that reversed.

“Despite all of our surveillance capabilities, despite having significant indications that Major Hasan was engaged in these communications, the federal government failed to prevent the horrific terrorist attack that claimed the life of 14 innocents at Fort Hood. So the first questions I would like to ask the panel is in your judgment why is that?
    -----

Instead of using the power of government surveillance capabilities against America's adversaries, President Obama used those powers to spy on his political adversaries.

BOMBSHELL: The Obama Spying Scandal Started Long Before Trump

https://thefederalist.com/2017/04/05...ed-long-trump/

On Tuesday, Obama’s National Security Advisor Susan Rice admitted that she used the intelligence community to spy on members of the Trump team, but this type of behavior isn’t anything new.

In fact, it appears the Obama White House had been spying on its political opponents and leaking classified information about them long before Donald Trump won the presidential election last November, Lee Smith of Tablet Magazine writes.

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,049 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Ted Cruz: CIA Spying on Congress Fits the Pattern of Obama’s Abuses of Power

The origins (or should I say oranges?) of Spygate are now being investigated by the Department of Justice.

Obama and his administration no longer have the Russian alibi.

It wasn't just Trump they were spying on. They were spying on ALL OF US!

What is most important is...

Intent. Ask James Comey about that.

Spygate is going to be the Big Story leading up to the 2020 election.

I think that what is about to be revealed is going to bring America back together again.

The evidence will be so clear that the divide among us will disappear.

Once democrats and anti-Trump republicans realize what happened, good people will forgive and welcome all back home.

With open arms, I can't wait to be together again as One America, united and stronger than ever before.

I think that is what Make America Great Again is all about.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Ted Cruz: CIA Spying on Congress Fits the Pattern of Obama’s Abuses of Power

Censorship is the wrong practice but this is what it is here.

2016 Trump Wins
    2017 Trump Wins
    2018 Trump Wins
    2019 Trump Wins < YOU ARE HERE
    2020 Trump Wins
    2021 Trump Wins
    2022 Trump Wins
    2023 Trump Wins
    2024 Trump Wins