Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'The NFL's Cheerleader Problem' and the Buffalo Jills: What happened?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 'The NFL's Cheerleader Problem' and the Buffalo Jills: What happened?

I don't believe anyone holds a gun to these young ladies and tells them they have to be a cheerleader, work in a strip club, or become a Victoria secret model. So please don't use the objectivication of women! The young ladies being kidnapped and sold for sex are being objectified. The other group loves doing what they do or at least the thought of it.

I'm really sick of everything bothering some one. Get over it.
    Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    Member of the DAV RNC and NRA

2. Post thanked by:

Thurmal (06-16-2019),ublinkwescore (06-15-2019),WagonCircler (06-15-2019)

Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    So you think you're going to reverse millions of years of nature by not allowing women to wear sexy clothing?

You sound EXACTLY like the people who restrict women to wearing burkas.

Women who express their sexuality by dressing provocatively are anything but weak. They are, in fact, wielding the power of their sexuality.

"Allowing themselves to be objectified"? What the **** does that even mean?

Should we stop Broadway revues with dancers? Should we shut down dane clubs?

Better yet, should we just not allow women to be seen in public, for fear of objectification?

This just illustrates the idiocy of your Millennial dogma. And you're not smart enough to see it. You just spit out the talking points like a good little sheep.
    I am by no means a millennial.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Thanks
    Thanked 15,991 Times in 8,489 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm kind of ambivalent on the subject.

On one hand, Yea, I kind of miss the tradition of the cheerleaders, but on the other hand, those drummers tend to give me a headache.

I believe, from a legal standpoint that the Bills are correct. They have very little to do with the group.

I think the problem lies with the people that they contract out to do this stuff. (in the other cities too)

I think it should be addressed at the owners meetings, and every team should be on the same page.

First, decide if you still want them. If you do, then everybody has to have them....or nobody.

If so, they should be run by a coach hired by the team, not some ego-driven outside contractor.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,251 Times in 2,791 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Another important aspect of this, especially for the "Blame Pegula" crowd, is that all of this happened before Terry bought the team.

None of this was caused by the current ownership and there is/was very little that could be done during the ongoing lawsuit.

Also, there was no insidious hidden motive. The group started out in the sixties as a group of volunteers, and basically stayed that was for half a century. The cheerleader compensation was game tickets. And that was not a secret. Most (basically all) of the girls were perfectly content with that, given that it was the deal there signed up for, until one of them saw a potential windfall in suing.

6. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (06-15-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,362 Times in 5,454 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Cheerleaders are there to be sex objects... same as the hot ass side-line reporters like Erin Andrews.

they aren’t there for their smiling faces or knowledge of the game.

they’re there because they’re hot AF and to maximize male viewership.

at least be honest... even if your 50+ yo testerone is waning.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,259 Times in 862 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

All the people that want to do away with cheerleaders under the guise of feminism are, ironically, trying to dictate other women's employment and lifestyle choices. Each team that has a cheerleading squad keeps like, maybe 20 every year. But over a 100 will try out, knowing full well it's not meant to be a regular job, but they're there b/c they WANT to be there. Here's a great first-hand account by a woman who was a Titans cheerleader 20 years ago, and why she enjoyed being one, despite the "objectification":

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/d...-cheerleading/
    Last edited by Thurmal; 06-15-2019 at 10:49 PM.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

9. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (06-16-2019),WagonCircler (06-16-2019)

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused. Generalissimus Gibby's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,293 Times in 4,444 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

On the one hand I don't mind cheerleaders. I mean nobody is forcing them to be eye candy and they get field level views of the action every home game. So really I do not have a problem with cheerleading. On the other hand, there are reports in Vanity Fair of cheerleaders being flown by Dan Snyder and the Redskins to Costa Rica, and then literally being held hostage and forced to perform topless. However, that is more just one more reason why Dan Snyder is a piece of **** whose franchise should be taken from him than it is about the state of cheerleaders in the league. Honestly, my only NFL experience has been a few Bills v Chiefs matchups at Arrowhead so I know nothing about the Jills. However, I do know that in early season games the Chiefs cheerleaders look cute as hell as the Chiefs rush onto the field. I also know that they have a yearly calendar that I have seen that well moves blood to my loins. Anyways, moving awkwardly and quickly along, I don't see how having or not having cheerleaders at the game changes the overall experience. I mean I think the only time I have ever really seen cheerleaders is when CBS, NBC, ESPN, or Fox goes to break or back from break.

So if you have young late teens and twenty somethings who want to flaunt their assets and watch the games and represent the team at social events, well fine. I mean as long as they aren't Dan Snydered -that part of Vanity Fair pisses me off more than the rest - let them. Compensation for their efforts and training? Well, why not offer something like tuition reimbursement. I would think a young college educated woman would be very happy knowing that after a year of cheerleading and providing entertainment for the league and her hometown team that she would be completely reimbursed for her college education. Just my take.

Oh and here is the Vanity Article that shows you how much of an ass hole Snyder is:

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/201...istory-scandal

Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziganth View Post
    Don't be silly. We'll use Gandhi non-violence tactics of love allowing ourselves to be slaughtered by the millions (resisting only with love in our hearts, and without violence) until the enemy finally gives up and surrenders. =p =p =p
    Violence is the universal language.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmal View Post
    All the people that want to do away with cheerleaders under the guise of feminism are, ironically, trying to dictate other women's employment and lifestyle choices. Each team that has a cheerleading squad keeps like, maybe 20 every year. But over a 100 will try out, knowing full well it's not meant to be a regular job, but they're there b/c they WANT to be there. Here's a great first-hand account by a woman who was a Titans cheerleader 20 years ago, and why she enjoyed being one, despite the "objectification":

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/d...-cheerleading/
    Wouldn't feminists be FOR cheerleaders?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,372 Times in 1,922 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimus Gibby View Post
    On the other hand, there are reports in Vanity Fair of cheerleaders being flown by Dan Snyder and the Redskins to Costa Rica, and then literally being held hostage and forced to perform topless. [/url]
    I am strongly opposed to women being forced to perform topless. If they choose to perform topless however I offer enthusiastic support

13. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (06-17-2019),WagonCircler (06-17-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ublinkwescore View Post
    Violence is the universal language.

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't feminists be FOR cheerleaders?
    No, I believe they would feel like you do, that is objectivication of women. All those men looking at their toned bodies. Which BTW, they work very hard at because they want us to look. Again they have never had a gun to their heads.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,349 Times in 7,078 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Just pay them.

It's soooo embarrassing YardRat's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,002 Times in 11,202 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Regardless of how one feels about cheerleading, in today's political and social environment it's a situation that (obviously) just screams "lawsuit" and "liability". Very simply, it isn't worth the financial or public relations risk.

Let 'em go, pack the calendars and uniforms away in a box in the basement with the leftover Wammie Weenies, Bad Blankets, and Flutie Flakes and move on.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
    2019 Mock
    -------------
    #9---OT Andre Dillard (DT ED OLIVER) #40---DT Dexter Lawrence (OT Dalton Risner) #74---RB David Montgomery
    #112---WR Jakobi Meyers #131---OT Bobby Evans #147---TE Drew Sample #158---LB Sutton Smith
    #181---CB Blace Brown #225---DE/LB Shareef Miller #228---CB Mark Fields

17. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (06-22-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,372 Times in 1,922 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Regardless of how one feels about cheerleading, in today's political and social environment it's a situation that (obviously) just screams "lawsuit" and "liability". Very simply, it isn't worth the financial or public relations risk.

Let 'em go, pack the calendars and uniforms away in a box in the basement with the leftover Wammie Weenies, Bad Blankets, and Flutie Flakes and move on.
    snowflake