Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Would you trade?

  1. #1
    Legendary Zoner coastal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    13,842
    Thanks
    14,934
    Thanked 9,463 Times in 5,510 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    45

    Would you trade?

    Jack Eichel for Patrick Kane...

    straight up?

  2. #2
    Registered User Swiper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sparing my telomeres
    Posts
    21,124
    Thanks
    9,614
    Thanked 8,896 Times in 6,003 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    53

    Re: Would you trade?

    Try to at least put your stupid ideas in the correct forum.

    Welcome to Buffalo Carter Hutton

  3. Post thanked by:

    coastal (06-18-2019)

  4. #3
    Legendary Zoner coastal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    13,842
    Thanks
    14,934
    Thanked 9,463 Times in 5,510 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    45

    Re: Would you trade?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Try to at least put your stupid ideas in the correct forum.

    BLow your scope... I’m drunk

  5. Post thanked by:

    Haile SpikedLemonade (06-19-2019),MitchMurrayDowntown (06-19-2019)

  6. #4
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    85,070
    Thanks
    8,845
    Thanked 16,407 Times in 8,077 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    239

    Re: Would you trade?

    That would be dumb. Eichel is 8 years younger and just entering his peak. Kane is 30 and entering the denouement of his career. Eichel will be serviceable for much longer.

    If this is a theoretical question about whether you’d trade Jack in his prime for Kane in his prime, ask me in 3 years. I might say Kane depending on how the next few years go. At this point, though, that trade would make zero sense.

  7. #5
    The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    ottawa valley
    Posts
    22,982
    Thanks
    5,628
    Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,930 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    68

    Re: Would you trade?

    Want to win now, Kane.
    Women experience interactions different than men”.

    PM Trudeau on the alleged groping incident.

  8. #6
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    85,070
    Thanks
    8,845
    Thanked 16,407 Times in 8,077 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    239

    Re: Would you trade?

    Quote Originally Posted by ticatfan View Post
    Want to win now, Kane.
    We are talking about the Sabres. You really think trading Kane vs Eichel is gonna make the difference in winning now?

  9. #7
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    34,742
    Thanks
    7,536
    Thanked 9,956 Times in 7,286 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    82

    Re: Would you trade?

    Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Jack Eichel for Patrick Kane...

    straight up?
    No

  10. #8
    Co-Captain, Team Pink! Historian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Upstairs
    Posts
    45,242
    Thanks
    19,264
    Thanked 16,410 Times in 8,720 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    157

    Re: Would you trade?

    Right after Chicago's last cup?

    Yes.

    Today?

    No.

    It would be a Russ Brandon type move at this point.

    Maybe Kane AND Keith for Eichel, lol
    Last edited by Historian; 06-19-2019 at 09:16 AM.

  11. Post thanked by:

    Swiper (06-20-2019)

  12. #9
    Peterman Sucks! Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the fifth ring of hell
    Posts
    26,837
    Thanks
    1,762
    Thanked 6,638 Times in 4,014 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    70

    Re: Would you trade?

    Yes.

    It's not even close.

    In fact, I don't think the Hawks would do this deal if it were proposed to them.

    Kane is a superstar and leader with playoff/Cup experience. Eichel is, well, none of those.

  13. Post thanked by:

    coastal (06-19-2019),The King (06-20-2019)

  14. #10
    Registered User The Jokeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    9,614
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked 1,942 Times in 1,354 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    39

    Re: Would you trade?

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    That would be dumb. Eichel is 8 years younger and just entering his peak. Kane is 30 and entering the denouement of his career. Eichel will be serviceable for much longer.

    If this is a theoretical question about whether you’d trade Jack in his prime for Kane in his prime, ask me in 3 years. I might say Kane depending on how the next few years go. At this point, though, that trade would make zero sense.
    Agreed 100%

  15. #11
    The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    ottawa valley
    Posts
    22,982
    Thanks
    5,628
    Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,930 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    68

    Re: Would you trade?

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    We are talking about the Sabres. You really think trading Kane vs Eichel is gonna make the difference in winning now?
    It is a start with a proven winner. What has eichel done? And others may follow with kane on board.

  16. #12
    The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    ottawa valley
    Posts
    22,982
    Thanks
    5,628
    Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,930 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    68

    Re: Would you trade?

    Anyways what do you even have to make a trade for kane?

  17. #13
    Peterman Sucks! Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the fifth ring of hell
    Posts
    26,837
    Thanks
    1,762
    Thanked 6,638 Times in 4,014 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    70

    Re: Would you trade?

    Quote Originally Posted by ticatfan View Post
    Anyways what do you even have to make a trade for kane?
    Dahlin and some draft picks is probably the only move that would get someone the caliber of Kane.

  18. #14
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    85,070
    Thanks
    8,845
    Thanked 16,407 Times in 8,077 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    239

    Re: Would you trade?

    Quote Originally Posted by ticatfan View Post
    It is a start with a proven winner. What has eichel done? And others may follow with kane on board.
    Eichel was a point per game player last year and is close to that for his career. And the fact that he’s not a winner yet isn’t his fault. He can’t do it all himself and he’s had a lot of garbage around him.

    Even if we trade for Kane, this team still needs two top 6 forwards, 2-3 top 4 defensemen, third and fourth liners who can occasionally score, and more reliable goaltending. By the time we get all that, Kane will be done and Eichel will be in his prime. If we were on the brink of being serious contenders, I’d ditch Eichel for Kane. But we aren’t. The difference between Eichel and Kane isn’t enough to make the current team into winners so it doesn’t make sense.

  19. #15
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    34,742
    Thanks
    7,536
    Thanked 9,956 Times in 7,286 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    82

    Re: Would you trade?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Yes.

    It's not even close.

    In fact, I don't think the Hawks would do this deal if it were proposed to them.

    Kane is a superstar and leader with playoff/Cup experience. Eichel is, well, none of those.
    Eichel is definitely a superstar

  20. #16
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    3,965
    Thanks
    425
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 752 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    17

    Re: Would you trade?

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Eichel was a point per game player last year and is close to that for his career. And the fact that he’s not a winner yet isn’t his fault. He can’t do it all himself and he’s had a lot of garbage around him.

    Even if we trade for Kane, this team still needs two top 6 forwards, 2-3 top 4 defensemen, third and fourth liners who can occasionally score, and more reliable goaltending. By the time we get all that, Kane will be done and Eichel will be in his prime. If we were on the brink of being serious contenders, I’d ditch Eichel for Kane. But we aren’t. The difference between Eichel and Kane isn’t enough to make the current team into winners so it doesn’t make sense.
    Not to mention who is your 1C? Very few teams win without 3 good C let alone 2 and I can't think of any recent team (at least the last decade or more) that didn't have a top end 1C when they won.

  21. Post thanked by:

    OpIv37 (06-20-2019)

  22. #17
    Skoobasaurus-Rex MitchMurrayDowntown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    18,178
    Thanks
    10,476
    Thanked 4,024 Times in 2,867 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    46

    Re: Would you trade?

    Bring Kane home & we would win more, Jack isn’t a leader.

  23. Post thanked by:

    coastal (06-19-2019)

  24. #18
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    3,965
    Thanks
    425
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 752 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    17

    Re: Would you trade?

    Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    Bring Kane home & we would win more, Jack isn’t a leader.
    You might win more in the short term and regular season but what was the last team to win without a true 1C?

  25. #19
    Moderator Yasgur's Farm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    7,003
    Thanks
    1,191
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 598 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    39

    Re: Would you trade?

    1st 4 seasons...
    Kane - .325 goals/game, .956 points/game
    Eichel - .353 goals/game, .906 points/game

    Eichel's 8 years younger...

    Keep Eichel no brainer!
    Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 06-20-2019 at 02:30 PM.

  26. #20
    The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    ottawa valley
    Posts
    22,982
    Thanks
    5,628
    Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,930 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    68

    Re: Would you trade?

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Eichel was a point per game player last year and is close to that for his career. And the fact that he’s not a winner yet isn’t his fault. He can’t do it all himself and he’s had a lot of garbage around him.

    Even if we trade for Kane, this team still needs two top 6 forwards, 2-3 top 4 defensemen, third and fourth liners who can occasionally score, and more reliable goaltending. By the time we get all that, Kane will be done and Eichel will be in his prime. If we were on the brink of being serious contenders, I’d ditch Eichel for Kane. But we aren’t. The difference between Eichel and Kane isn’t enough to make the current team into winners so it doesn’t make sense.
    How nany cups? Kane is a winner.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •