Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic Debate Thread

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,311 Times in 4,457 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Democratic Debate Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    Not a single candidate mentioned Mueller.

- - - Updated - - -

You're not very good at fixing things.
    Actually more than one mentioned Mueller, and they said that Mueller and the whole impeachment narrative you and Trump so badly wanted them to focus on distracted from far more important issues confronting our nation. Just admit that you did not watch the debate.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,143 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimus Gibby View Post
    Actually more than one mentioned Mueller, and they said that Mueller and the whole impeachment narrative you and Trump so badly wanted them to focus on distracted from far more important issues confronting our nation. Just admit that you did not watch the debate.
    Holy Cow!

Anyone remember anyone talking about Mueller tonight?

I may have missed it while taking a dump, but I'm quite sure nobody mentioned Mueller.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,853 Times in 2,369 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I watched. Turned away to prevent puking on how dire climate change is and the fact that half of them have climate change either #1 or #2 threat is beyond craziness.

Warren spewed political stomach contents with all the economy has to work for everybody but left that hanging.

free college, debt eliminated, free child care, Medicare for all (not mentioning that Medicare has premiums and copays)
    Klobuchar at least mentioned premiums... green jobs , green economy, blow jobs for visiting Canadians without a mention of paying for it.

keeping private insurance for those that want it... Deblasio looked like someone killed a kitten in front of him.

Beto... done.

thought Castro did really well. Thought Booker won ,Castro 2nd, Klobachar 3rd. Warren all sauce no meat or even a plate.

Inslee not not quite as bat **** crazy.

Tulsee... She served right? (sarc)

everyone else... meh.
    Last edited by sukie; 06-26-2019 at 11:54 PM.

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,177 Times in 7,456 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    censorship never good.
    It is necessary if someone intentionally spams or derails a thread

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,703 Times in 2,787 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimus Gibby View Post
    well this is not moderation, but show. As for Tulsi, well she knows this is a dog and pony show and they will seek to ignore her. This election, imvho, is more her testing the waters
    Tulsi may wind up not only losing her Presidential bid, but her House seat as well; she's getting a primary opponent for that seat. Don't blame the messenger.
    "The powerful have always preyed on the powerless. That is how they became powerful in the first place."

-Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones/"The Wars To Come"

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,177 Times in 7,456 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    Tulsi may wind up not only losing her Presidential bid, but her House seat as well; she's getting a primary opponent for that seat. Don't blame the messenger.
    Why do you want to see her lose everything?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,976 Times in 7,481 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    I watched. Turned away to prevent puking on how dire climate change is and the fact that half of them have climate change either #1 or #2 threat is beyond craziness.

Warren spewed political stomach contents with all the economy has to work for everybody but left that hanging.

free college, debt eliminated, free child care, Medicare for all (not mentioning that Medicare has premiums and copays)
    Klobuchar at least mentioned premiums... green jobs , green economy, blow jobs for visiting Canadians without a mention of paying for it.

keeping private insurance for those that want it... Deblasio looked like someone killed a kitten in front of him.

Beto... done.

thought Castro did really well. Thought Booker won ,Castro 2nd, Klobachar 3rd. Warren all sauce no meat or even a plate.

Inslee not not quite as bat **** crazy.

Tulsee... She served right? (sarc)

everyone else... meh.
    You oily bastard.

Either that or you're just a....

Thanks
    Thanked 17,143 Times in 9,642 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

After sleeping and drinking too much coffee this morning, I think the overall avoidance of Trump was a good strategy by the DNC and candidates. Trump and his team want the fight they want the attack because it means they get start getting down and dirty in the mud which is where they are the most comfortable operating and can win. Depriving them of that was a smart move.

I thought the lack of attacks/mentions of Biden was a mistake by all the candidates. He's the front runner and he's not on the stage so why not unload. I expected both Warren and Booker to get after Biden on different issues but they both passed.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Why do you want to see her lose everything?
    Honestly, I think Gabbard not running for re-election would be a great idea. She's going nowhere in the House and she can either look to gain a position in the next administration if the Democrats take the White House (similar to Nikki Haley) or having the freedom to travel the country for four years, raise her national profile and get prepared for 2024.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ryan last night in the spin room, clearly still update about Gabbard eating his lunch:
    "I personally don’t need to be lectured by somebody who’s dining with a dictator who gassed kids," he told reporters after the debate. "I know what I’m talking about. I’m right, and we can’t let these areas be wide open."

Maybe he should have said that then?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,346 Times in 6,780 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I love watching Sukie's outrage over climate change and people who want to clean up the environment. It would be horrible to stop polluting everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

12. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (06-27-2019),Historian (06-27-2019),Lucidvizion (06-27-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,976 Times in 7,481 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    I love watching Sukie's outrage over climate change and people who want to clean up the environment. It would be horrible to stop polluting everything.
    I think it is time for Sukie to come out and be honest with whatever his conflict of interest is on this subject.

Did Daddy make a lot of money in the Oil Industry?

14. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (06-27-2019)

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,311 Times in 4,457 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    We know its your passion and dream to remove her from office for a nice safe pro war, pro genocide, pro wall street whore who will continue to destroy the country. Not shooting the messenger, but I have no problem with firing a **** load of buckshot into the message. I will, however, tell the messenger to shove a little green football up his ass.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,853 Times in 2,369 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    It’s not about pollution. That is apples and oranges and a “retarded” comeback... hee hee

Thanks
    Thanked 1,292 Times in 716 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I only got to watch the second hour because I was playing the wrong stream :|

I'm sure I missed some good moments but I wasn't overly impressed with any of this group.

Booker seems too aggressive.
    Castro was probably the best of the bunch.
    de Blasio was okay.
    Delaney didn't really have much to say.
    Gabbard, while my favorite candidate, doesn't seem ready for the big leagues yet.
    Inslee seems to be running on a single issue.
    Klobuchar was okay.
    O'Rourke comes across as a politician in the game for himself.
    Tim Ryan should just drop out.
    Warren was only okay... didn't do anything to distance herself from anybody she was on stage with.

My top three from this one:
    1. Castro
    2. De Blasio
    3. Klobuchar

10 candidate debates are a ****-show
    Art has no rules.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,950 Times in 3,629 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    Medicare for all would only cost $32.6 TRILLION over 10 years.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-32-6-trillion
    Which is less than we are already spending on health care. In 2018 the US spent $3.65 Trillion on health care.

Assuming that number stays static (which it would definitely NOT) that is $36.5 Trillion over 10 years.

So, according to the figure you are pimping, Medicare-for-all would REDUCE health care spending by AT LEAST 10.68%!!
    Last edited by notacon; 06-27-2019 at 10:15 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Also Democrats talking about removing he filibuster are all pushing extremely bad ideas.
    I agree. It's a cost free talking point because obviously, a president has zero control over that, and the chances of the Senate doing so is practically nil....does not matter who is in the majority.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I only watched a few minutes of the debate. These early ones are fairly useless, boring, and one can get any interesting stuff via reports the day after.

But, I happened to see Gabbard. First time I actually saw her speak. Man, she is really beautiful!! Great face.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    I only watched a few minutes of the debate. These early ones are fairly useless, boring, and one can get any interesting stuff via reports the day after.

But, I happened to see Gabbard. First time I actually saw her speak. Man, she is really beautiful!! Great face.
    First time you heard her speak and your only comment after that was about her looks...you know how that comes across, right?

22. Post thanked by:

ckg927 (06-27-2019),Dr. Lecter (06-27-2019),YardRat (06-27-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,292 Times in 716 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post

Now that she has your attention give her a chance on her intelligence, level-headedness and policy positions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR8UcnwLH24