Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Black Entertainment Television (BET) Founder Praises Trump, Rips Democrats

Thanks
    Thanked 7,167 Times in 4,143 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Black Entertainment Television (BET) Founder Praises Trump, Rips Democrats

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Marriage isnt necessarily a religious institution. if a religion does not wish to recognize it, that's fine as an individual. If the institution gets public funds, it's free game and they cant discriminate. Seems pretty easy.
    Well everybody gets public fund in one form or another.'

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,956 Times in 7,286 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    Well everybody gets public fund in one form or another.'
    If it's a private institution, sure. Be "Christian" till your hearts content

Thanks
    Thanked 5,772 Times in 3,492 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Sorry been busy lately. Abortion is not a just Christian moral thing. Some atheists are against abortion too. This is one reason why I dont argue abortion using religion. The other is because religion does not apply to you anyways. If you don't beleive that life begins at conception or what scripture says about human life in or out of the womb, then we have nothing to discuss.

People fight for the rights of the transgenders , gays, etc. We fight for the rights on the unborn. We all fight to defend those who cannot defend themselves. In the case of abortion, you and I differ where we draw the line as to when life begins.
    Anyone who is against abortion does not have to get one. It's a fairly simple concept.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Anyone who is against abortion does not have to get one. It's a fairly simple concept.
    did I say otherwise?

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

did I say otherwise?
    This is EXACTLY the liberal argument. Dont like something? Dont do it, or have it done, or support it. So long as you dont impede others rights who may disagree with you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer
    This is EXACTLY the liberal argument. Dont like something? Dont do it, or have it done, or support it. So long as you dont impede others rights who may disagree with you.
    What are you talking about?
    I dont want to bake you a cake that goes against my religion , but I will bake you any other cake ......... "i'm suing you" ...you are impeding our right to practice our religion .

I want to fight for the rights unborn human life that you created ....... " hell no! Ending the very human life I created is none of your business" .........

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I dont want to bake you a cake that goes against my religion , but I will bake you any other cake ......... "i'm suing you" ...you are impeding our right to practice our religion .

I want to fight for the rights unborn human life that you created ....... " hell no! Ending the very human life I created is none of your business" .........
    Exactly, it is none of your business

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Exactly, it is none of your business
    but how we practice our religion is your business. You can fight for the rights of gays and whosoever you choose but we cant fight for the rights on the unborn.

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

but how we practice our religion is your business. You can fight for the rights of gays and whosoever you choose but we cant fight for the rights on the unborn.
    Sure you can. You can advocate for things for that reduce abortions. Did you know abortions are at a historic low since rowe vs wade was ruled?

Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,359 Times in 3,102 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Anyone who is against guns doesn't have to own one.

Yep, that simple!

Patti

Thanks
    Thanked 10,573 Times in 7,228 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Discotrish View Post

Yep, that simple!

Patti
    Does that seem like a logical equivalent to you?

No one can be that stupid unintentionally.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

did I say otherwise?
    Yes. You have.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Discotrish View Post

Yep, that simple!

Patti
    I agree.

That does not mean that ANYONE who wants ANY kind of weapon should have one. Weapon's who's only purpose is to kill and injure as many humans in as little time possible.

An abortion does not provide danger for anyone who is near one who ever had one.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

There's the rub. People can practice their religion ANY way they want....until that "practice" infringes on MY right to be free of religion.

Your religion says you cannot get an abortion...DON'T. But you have no right to impose that belief on my wife or daughter or another woman.

Your religion says same sexes cannot marry....DON'T marry someone of the same sex. But you have no right to impose that belief on any other man or woman.

Those are two hot button issues. How about all the other religious practices that one's religion requires them to follow? Should I be forced to go to church every Sunday? Should I be forced to go to confession?? Should I be forced to not engage in sex with anyone except my spouse? Should I be forced to not be able to marry someone who is divorced???

I really have no problem with you, or anyone else, practicing their religion the wy they see fit. Just KEEP IT AWAY FROM ME!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,407 Times in 8,077 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think the notion that baking a cake goes against your religion is completely insane.

16. Post thanked by:

notacon (07-17-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bingo i guess your fine post goes undisputed.

2016 Trump Wins
    2017 Trump Wins
    2018 Trump Wins
    2019 Trump Wins < YOU ARE HERE
    2020 Trump Wins
    2021 Trump Wins
    2022 Trump Wins
    2023 Trump Wins
    2024 Trump Wins

Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,359 Times in 3,102 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I agree.

That does not mean that ANYONE who wants ANY kind of weapon should have one. Weapon's who's only purpose is to kill and injure as many humans in as little time possible.

An abortion does not provide danger for anyone who is near one who ever had one.
    Abortion's only purpose is to KILL.

Patti

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I think the notion that baking a cake goes against your religion is completely insane.
    you know what I meant unless you dont know the story.

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Especially since so many in the church now embrace that population and same sex marriage. It's only the hardlined that oppose it these days

21. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (07-17-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,407 Times in 8,077 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

you know what I meant unless you dont know the story.
    Of course I know the story. I just think it’s an absurd stretch to say selling someone a cake is “condoning their lifestyle.”

When I worked at Wegmans, I sold beer and cigarettes to people who were on WIC checks. I sold groceries to people I knew were committing food stamp fraud. It doesn’t mean I condone or approve of it. It was my job to sell groceries so I did it.

It’s just a bull**** excuse for discrimination