Thread: Educate me on CBD Oil

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Educate me on CBD Oil

My wife and myself are interested in trying CBD oil for its pain relieving properties and also as a sleep aid. We do not smoke weed and have no desire to get high. Does the stuff work without getting you high? I see CBD oil on the internet made from hemp, is that what we want or is it a cheap copy cat of the real stuff? Weed is legal in Alaska so we can supposedly buy it at any of the local pot shops. Is there any certain ingredient we need to look for? Lastly, will using CBD oil cause a failed UA?
    Last edited by Arctic Wild Man; 07-14-2019 at 02:56 AM.
    You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success....act like it!

Thanks
    Thanked 21,232 Times in 11,877 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Educate me on CBD Oil

The only people I know that have tried it have a 'meh' opinion...maybe it helps a little bit for pain relief but not enough to proclaim 'wow!'. I can't recall discussing it with anybody using it as a sleep aid. AFAIK there is no thc in the oils, I've never heard of anybody catching a buzz, so I can only assume it wouldn't cause a failed test. I've never tried any myself or done that much research, though, so this is all second-and-third-hand anecdotes.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    The only people I know that have tried it have a 'meh' opinion...maybe it helps a little bit for pain relief but not enough to proclaim 'wow!'. I can't recall discussing it with anybody using it as a sleep aid. AFAIK there is no thc in the oils, I've never heard of anybody catching a buzz, so I can only assume it wouldn't cause a failed test. I've never tried any myself or done that much research, though, so this is all second-and-third-hand anecdotes.
    I can't speak for others, but I'm in the "meh" category, myself. Commercially available CBD oil seems to be hit or miss, depending on the potency. It also tastes like ass. Always had better luck with eating the real stuff. It allows me to golf or go bowling or cast lures all day and not have it hurt. Six hours later, I'll notice my shoulder hurting - because it hasn't hurt for the last 6 hours. I was high as **** though, for that 6 hours, with cottonmouth to match. It beats a fistful of ibuprofen or acetaminophen, and the damage that causes your body.

Honestly, I'd prefer to have a couple of psilocybin mushrooms. In low doses, the body buzz is excellent. Joints don't ache, the body feels nice and fluid and limber, and the perception/high is minimal, much more-so than with potent THC based edibles.

CBD oil made from hemp should be THC free, so a drug test shouldn't be an issue any more than eating a poppy seed bagel.
    ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
    it's Don't Tread On Me.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Hey
    So cbd alone is fine and it works best for neurological issues and suppression of tumor growth. For best result there should be a very small amount of THC-A.... you won’t get high but you really need that as well. If you’re trying to cure bone pain/nausea you need full on THC. Muscle pain is a hit or miss with all of them.

Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Oil is good for topical applications, but sometimes caplets work better, depending upon the location of your pain. You can mail order the caplets legally. Try different dosage amounts. Some studies find that the lower the dosage, the smaller the relief.

They do work for many types of pain, especially chronic arthritis and other musculoskeletal pains.

As for drug testing, I wouldn't worry too much. The levels of THC are minimal, if existing at all. And no you won't get high from it either. Most industries (oil and gas included) allow for a certain level of THC in your system. IN Canada the standard is 4 nanograms per million.

There is a reason big pharma is fighting the prevalent use of CBDs. They are better, safer and cheaper than the current OTC or prescription drugs available and are supplanting many existing medications.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.