Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Expect the 2020 Election to Have More Violence Than the 2016 Election?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,327 Times in 7,699 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Question Do You Expect the 2020 Election to Have More Violence Than the 2016 Election?

Perhaps cooler heads will prevail but this looks like a powder keg to me from the outside looking in.

Not blaming one side or the other since I am sure "there are good people on both sides".

In contrast, there is no talk of violence up here for the October 21st, 2019 Canadian Federal Election.

The leader of our 3rd party hasn't been told to go back to where he is from that I am aware of....

I think Canada may need to build a wall.

Dumber than the average blonde :-) Blondie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,669 Times in 5,353 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Do You Expect the 2020 Election to Have More Violence Than the 2016 Election?

Trump will double down on spreading hate, so, YES ... more violence
    My Mistake ~~ Sparty

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Do You Expect the 2020 Election to Have More Violence Than the 2016 Election?

It is obvious that even if a White person just left a Trump Rally and threw a brick through the window of a Falafel Restaurant it is because the owner of the restaurant hates America and should go back to his **** hole country.

Can you blame that good old boy for reacting that way?

Tick...Tick...Tick...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Secret documents show Russian plot to stoke racial violence in America

https://www.vox.com/2019/5/21/186337...l-violence-nbc

That should get Sparty/Shiva's attention.

5. Post thanked by:

Historian (07-17-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,441 Times in 9,820 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No.

Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,473 Times in 3,194 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Haile SpikedLemonade View Post
    It is obvious that even if a White person just left a Trump Rally and threw a brick through the window of a Falafel Restaurant it is because the owner of the restaurant hates America and should go back to his **** hole country.

Can you blame that good old boy for reacting that way?

Tick...Tick...Tick...
    Gee, you'd think Steve Scalise was a Democrat.

Violence Against Trump Supporters Continues

Patti

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    No.
    That is simply hope on your part.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That is simply hope on your part.
    No, it's not. The only hope here is that you're continued insistence on creating 'look at me' threads will one day satisfy whatever desire you have for attention so they will stop.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    No, it's not. The only hope here is that you're continued insistence on creating 'look at me' threads will one day satisfy whatever desire you have for attention so they will stop.
    Discussing potential violence in the US political climate is unworthy I gather.

Should I create another "Republicans said Democrats said" thread to go with the other hundreds here?

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 2,061 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Perhaps cooler heads will prevail but this looks like a powder keg to me from the outside looking in.

Not blaming one side or the other since I am sure "there are good people on both sides".

In contrast, there is no talk of violence up here for the October 21st, 2019 Canadian Federal Election.

The leader of our 3rd party hasn't been told to go back to where he is from that I am aware of....

I think Canada may need to build a wall.
    We just have a senior liberal telling china you better interfere with our election to keep the conservatives out. And any problrms in america will be left wing extremism.
    Last edited by ticatfan; 07-17-2019 at 09:51 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ticatfan View Post
    We just have a senior liberal telling china you better interfere with our election to keep the conservatives out. And any problrms in america will be left wing extremism.
    How does China benefit one way or the other?

China's fight is with the US and not with Canada.

Canada is just stuck in the middle due to Trump's actions.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,468 Times in 9,281 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No.

Most of Trump's disciples are pussies like him who would back down from a fight.

They go from tough guys to victims in an instant.

Besides, most of them are not only afraid of people of color (hence, build me a wall) most are meth heads who are too high to care in the first place.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    No.

Most of Trump's disciples are pussies like him who would back down from a fight.

They go from tough guys to victims in an instant.

Besides, most of them are not only afraid of people of color (hence, build me a wall) most are meth heads who are too high to care in the first place.
    300M+ guns.

Doesn't take a lot of courage from extremists on either side to get too worked up and do something stupid.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

How does China benefit one way or the other?

China's fight is with the US and not with Canada.

Canada is just stuck in the middle due to Trump's actions.
    Trudeau is weak and they know it. And if Scheer is elected , say goodbye to Huawei. And china wants in bad, since our allies told them to take a hike.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Discussing potential violence in the US political climate is unworthy I gather.

Should I create another "Republicans said Democrats said" thread to go with the other hundreds here?
    No, creating a thread to draw attention to yourself by making/asking outlandish things should be beneath all of us.

Sure, there are literally hundreds of great topics and discussion points that aren’t brought up here. Those threads won’t give you what you desire though.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

But that does not matter, what the drunken McCullum did was treason. And if you dont have a problem with that. You have no right to comment on any other election.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

“Send her back....Send her back....Send her back...”

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,311 Times in 4,457 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I forgot my hat, but no I don't think there will be that much more violence in 2020 than there was in 2016. There will be about the same, but not too much more. Now then, for those planning violence if your candidate(s) lose, just remember that if you were too busy to vote then you are also too busy to take to the streets. As for me, if Bernie or Tulsi are not on the ticket I will be voting Green and then watching as people assail themselves to protest one wing of the corporatist fascist dictatorship beating the other wing of the corporatist fascist dictatorship.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,287 Times in 3,864 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimus Gibby View Post
    I forgot my hat, but no I don't think there will be that much more violence in 2020 than there was in 2016. There will be about the same, but not too much more. Now then, for those planning violence if your candidate(s) lose, just remember that if you were too busy to vote then you are also too busy to take to the streets. As for me, if Bernie or Tulsi are not on the ticket I will be voting Green and then watching as people assail themselves to protest one wing of the corporatist fascist dictatorship beating the other wing of the corporatist fascist dictatorship.
    Ah, yes...a virtual vote for Trump.

Once a Trump Chump, always a Trump Chump.

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,311 Times in 4,457 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Ah, yes...a virtual vote for Trump.

Once a Trump Chump, always a Trump Chump.
    Nah, I want real change in this country and Joe and Kamala are both promising nothing but the status quo aka more right wing authoritarianism, more whoring for Wall Street and the MIC, and more spying on the American people in the name of freedumb that it makes anyone with half a brain just yawn when Chuck Schumer calls on the FBI to investigate faceapp. Trump on the other hand will continue to drive this country into the ground his way. The uniparty rule with two faces needs to go