Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baldy's Breakdown of Tremaine Edmonds

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,061 Times in 747 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Baldy's Breakdown of Tremaine Edmonds

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1151147097040850946

Not sure the link works as I copied it from Bills subreddit at work and can't verify it. It is a good breakdown that gives hype for the new season.

One thing he talked about, which I will admit didn't really cross my mind, was due to his height and athleticism he gets his hands on lots of balls that would normally be complete over the MLB under the safety. He showed a good 3 or 4 passes against the best in the league (Rogers, Brady) who both had trouble fitting that ball in there. Puts up a lot of tip balls for Hyde and Poyer to feast on.

I'm excited to see his growth and what he can do this year with a year of experience and probably more importantly growing into his body.

2. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (07-17-2019),WagonCircler (07-19-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,232 Times in 1,020 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Baldy's Breakdown of Tremaine Edmonds

Cool our jets on the kid.

He was the weakest link on the field in zone defense for large chunks of the year last year. Heck that Ravens game was just Joe Flacco finding him in the zone and throwing behind him because he was often lost out there. He got better toward the end of the year, but he still struggled at times in pass defense, and often bit hard on play action.

That's not to say he doesn't have promise, just he's not there yet. He made some plays, yes, but more often he was directly responsible for a number of large defensive breakdowns, and in my book was more of a negative then a positive for most of the year (again, he got better, his last 3 games he was fairly competent, so we saw some great growth, but lets not go crazy yet)
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 07-17-2019 at 11:13 AM.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

4. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (07-17-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,275 Times in 3,655 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post

He was the weakest link on the field in zone defense for large chunks of the year last year. Heck that Ravens game was just Joe Flacco finding him in the zone and throwing behind him because he was often lost out there. He got better toward the end of the year, but he still struggled at times in pass defense, and often bit hard on play action.

Thats not to say he doesn't have promise, just he's not there yet.
    He was Definsive Rookie of the Month in December at age 20. Seems like he progressed enormously as the year progressed

He had an overwhelming set of responsibilities, as he is basically the QB of the defense. He has to call the defensive plays on the field and kinda know what what everyone else is supposed to do...all on the fly. A pretty tall order for a kid who was drafted at age 19.

In other words, they threw him into the fire WAY early and he showed that he was up to the challenge, improving the whole time, basically.
    Last edited by feldspar; 07-17-2019 at 11:20 AM.

6. Post thanked by:

mightysimi (07-17-2019),MitchMurrayDowntown (07-18-2019),The last buffalo fan (07-17-2019),WagonCircler (07-19-2019),YardRat (07-17-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That's not to say he doesn't have promise, just he's not there yet. He made some plays, yes, but more often he was directly responsible for a number of large defensive breakdowns, and in my book was more of a negative then a positive for most of the year (again, he got better, his last 3 games he was fairly competent, so we saw some great growth, but lets not go crazy yet)
    He readily admits that he struggled early. I don't think it is a stretch to say he flashed at times and more towards the end of the season. I don't think anyone said he is a HOF or even a pro bowl player next year. Do you feel he will still be the weak link this year?

The Ravens game was his first one at a brand new position in a brand new league.
    Last edited by mightysimi; 07-17-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,071 Times in 3,368 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wouldn't this post describe the majority of rookies?

9. Post thanked by:

mightysimi (07-17-2019),WagonCircler (07-19-2019),YardRat (07-17-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,870 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Rookie mistakes when he was thrown into the fire right off the bat..he got better as the year went on. If he puts in the time, he'll get there.

He's no Mahomes but...oh never mind, I was thinking of another rookie. :)

11. Post thanked by:

mightysimi (07-17-2019),The last buffalo fan (07-17-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

My biggest concern for him is keeping his noggin healthy. Didn't he have 2 concussions last year? We won't have to worry about him having All-Pro talent if he doesn't keep his melon safe.
    You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success....act like it!

13. Post thanked by:

Bill Cody (07-19-2019),mightysimi (07-17-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

15. Post thanked by:

coastal (07-18-2019),mightysimi (07-17-2019),YardRat (07-17-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,533 Times in 4,289 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He's 21 years old.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form" - Winston Churchill

17. Post thanked by:

Novacane (07-17-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,317 Times in 1,319 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I've rewatched that last Miami game multiple times now since the season ended and Edmunds really stood out. Easily his best game and a night and day difference to week 1 against Baltimore. He struggled early for sure, but it was awesome to see him improve so much by the end. I try to temper my expectations, but I really do think he's going to be special. He at least seems to have the desire and work ethic to be great. Plus he's still getting bigger and stronger.

And good point on the concussions. He's definitely a guy I want to see stay healthy.

19. Post thanked by:

mightysimi (07-17-2019),Novacane (07-17-2019),ublinkwescore (07-18-2019),YardRat (07-17-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I've rewatched that last Miami game multiple times now since the season ended and Edmunds really stood out. Easily his best game and a night and day difference to week 1 against Baltimore. He struggled early for sure, but it was awesome to see him improve so much by the end. I try to temper my expectations, but I really do think he's going to be special. He at least seems to have the desire and work ethic to be great. Plus he's still getting bigger and stronger.

And good point on the concussions. He's definitely a guy I want to see stay healthy.
    I wanted to feed the hype train too so I watched that one a couple of times!!

Avenatti food tester JackJoeJimJosh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,521 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Progression is progressive progress.

22. Post thanked by:

Mace (07-17-2019),mightysimi (07-18-2019),MitchMurrayDowntown (07-18-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

you dolt. it was his first NFL game????

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by GreedoII View Post
    you dolt. it was his first NFL game????
    lol.

Progression was obvious last year.

Edmunds was lost early in the year, really turned it on the last month and a half.

Less thinking and more just trusting what he sees and making plays.

Zone's most cruel & vile 2016 Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,391 Times in 6,294 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JackJoeJimJosh View Post
    Progression is progressive progress.
    Well said.
    • "Dems have no achomlishments" - The President of the United States of America, that some people elected and defend. He says he's a stable genius by the way and some people still think so.

Is Mr. Pink the one to bring me down ? Is Peterman on an NFL roster in 2019 ? What avatar do I choose for Mr. Pink ? Stay tuned, it's hugely !

Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,467 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He's gonna be the new Ray Lewis.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

27. Post thanked by:

MitchMurrayDowntown (07-18-2019)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,383 Times in 1,724 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Wild Man View Post
    My biggest concern for him is keeping his noggin healthy. Didn't he have 2 concussions last year? We won't have to worry about him having All-Pro talent if he doesn't keep his melon safe.
    I don't think he had any concussions?? I could be concussed though, or drunk

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    I don't think he had any concussions?? I could be concussed though, or drunk
    https://buffalonews.com/2018/10/29/b...th-concussion/

Skoobasaurus-Rex MitchMurrayDowntown's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,020 Times in 2,863 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    He was Definsive Rookie of the Month in December at age 20. Seems like he progressed enormously as the year progressed

He had an overwhelming set of responsibilities, as he is basically the QB of the defense. He has to call the defensive plays on the field and kinda know what what everyone else is supposed to do...all on the fly. A pretty tall order for a kid who was drafted at age 19.

In other words, they threw him into the fire WAY early and he showed that he was up to the challenge, improving the whole time, basically.
    People got amnesia about his late season play, the dude isn’t even 21 man (that’s unreal).

Skoobasaurus-Rex MitchMurrayDowntown's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,020 Times in 2,863 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ublinkwescore View Post
    He's gonna be the new Ray Lewis.
    That’s a strong statement.