Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 52 of 52

Thread: Guess what? Major sports are all rigged.

  1. #41
    Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    18,211
    Thanks
    22,499
    Thanked 6,311 Times in 4,457 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    0

    Re: Guess what? Major sports are all rigged.

    Quote Originally Posted by ublinkwescore View Post
    Ok... perhaps we were pissed because we thought it should have been a touchdown... didn't he cough it up and Mario recover it?

    - - - Updated - - -

    As for the tuck rule, where and when was it used prior?
    Its rare, but it was called during a Panthers at Saints game in September 12, 1999. I would link the youtube vid, but with that darkweb you have why do I need too?

  2. Post thanked by:

    Dr. Lecter (07-24-2019)

  3. #42
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    85,580
    Thanks
    9,061
    Thanked 16,934 Times in 8,329 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    241

    Re: Guess what? Major sports are all rigged.

    Quote Originally Posted by ublinkwescore View Post
    The trick is to keep the gullible thinking it's not rigged.

    Think about the tuck rule for example, or how many of us have actually read the rules for NFL football? I'm guessing maybe 1 out of 500 of NFL fans have actually read it. If they have rules that no one reads, it's incredibly easy to go back and fabricate $#!t... remember the Bills and Packers game where Aaron Rodgers fumbled into the end zone, and many of us thought we should have been awarded 2 points for a safety? But no no safeties awarded in the 2 minute warning on a fumble. Has there ever been a precedent of that happening?

    Look, think about it this way: Say you live in an area where jobs are hard to come by, but you land a great gig that pays $100k a year, plus benefits, a pension and bonuses.

    You're there for a few years and doing really well for yourself. You get a $500 bonus. Somehow, you stumble upon a way to change a number in the finance system and double it to $1000. The gullible will believe it cuz you're a good employee and the company gives out $1000 bonuses all the time.

    But here's the issue: When you've been making $100k a year for a while, you can already afford to buy something that costs $500. It's not going to get you a bigger house or a nicer car. It's nice to have but it's not going to change your lifestyle. And, if you get caught, you'll lose the $100k gig, the pension and the benefits, and it's highly unlikely that you can find something similar where you live. And you could potentially be prosecuted for theft.

    Is it really worth the $500? Just because you technically can do it doesn't make it worth the risk.

    And yes, when we are talking pro sports, it's millions rather than $500. But these are people who are already billionaires many times over. A couple million to them is like $500 to someone who makes 100k a year. It's not chump change but it's not enough to risk everything over. It just doesn't make sense to risk billions to make a few million.

  4. #43
    Zero for Zero! Dr. Lecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Parts Unknown, Weight Unknown
    Posts
    64,159
    Thanks
    11,828
    Thanked 14,346 Times in 6,780 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    271

    Re: Guess what? Major sports are all rigged.

    Quote Originally Posted by ublinkwescore View Post
    Ok... perhaps we were pissed because we thought it should have been a touchdown... didn't he cough it up and Mario recover it?

    - - - Updated - - -

    As for the tuck rule, where and when was it used prior?
    He fumbled.

    Ed Lacy recovered and tried to advance the ball. In the last two minutes of the game, only the person fumbling the ball can recover it and advanced it. Once Lacy recovered the ball (in the EZ), the play was over.

    He fumbled while trying to advance the ball, but it didn't matter. The play was over

    That rule was put into place because of the Raiders Holy Roller and has been called countless times.

    I was at the game. As soon as I saw Lacy pick up the ball I knew the play was over.

    As for the tuck rule I would need to look it up

    But it had been used in the past.

    It is easy to find a conspiracy if you are looking for one
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

  5. #44
    Well, lookie here... YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    67,499
    Thanks
    19,327
    Thanked 20,823 Times in 11,648 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    189

    Re: Guess what? Major sports are all rigged.

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Look, think about it this way: Say you live in an area where jobs are hard to come by, but you land a great gig that pays $100k a year, plus benefits, a pension and bonuses.

    You're there for a few years and doing really well for yourself. You get a $500 bonus. Somehow, you stumble upon a way to change a number in the finance system and double it to $1000. The gullible will believe it cuz you're a good employee and the company gives out $1000 bonuses all the time.

    But here's the issue: When you've been making $100k a year for a while, you can already afford to buy something that costs $500. It's not going to get you a bigger house or a nicer car. It's nice to have but it's not going to change your lifestyle. And, if you get caught, you'll lose the $100k gig, the pension and the benefits, and it's highly unlikely that you can find something similar where you live. And you could potentially be prosecuted for theft.

    Is it really worth the $500? Just because you technically can do it doesn't make it worth the risk.

    And yes, when we are talking pro sports, it's millions rather than $500. But these are people who are already billionaires many times over. A couple million to them is like $500 to someone who makes 100k a year. It's not chump change but it's not enough to risk everything over. It just doesn't make sense to risk billions to make a few million.
    Your arguments are based on a false premise that there is 'everything to lose' when in fact there is very little, possibly even nothing.

    Brady could come out tomorrow and declare "Yep. We've been cheating like hell for 20 years and I have to come clean because I just can't sleep anymore", provide all of the gory details, and there would be very few consequences for the league and the rest of the owners...just a few people and one team. Otherwise, the machine will just create some more bad guys to root against and double their revenues in another five-10 years again...business as usual.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

  6. #45
    Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sitting on a toilet tank near you.
    Posts
    24,627
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 3,791 Times in 1,916 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    99

    Re: Guess what? Major sports are all rigged.

    And you claim to be sober??? OK.

  7. #46
    Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Atwater, Ca.
    Posts
    23,212
    Thanks
    3,389
    Thanked 1,623 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    66

    Re: Guess what? Major sports are all rigged.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    He fumbled.

    Ed Lacy recovered and tried to advance the ball. In the last two minutes of the game, only the person fumbling the ball can recover it and advanced it. Once Lacy recovered the ball (in the EZ), the play was over.

    He fumbled while trying to advance the ball, but it didn't matter. The play was over

    That rule was put into place because of the Raiders Holy Roller and has been called countless times.

    I was at the game. As soon as I saw Lacy pick up the ball I knew the play was over.

    As for the tuck rule I would need to look it up

    But it had been used in the past.

    It is easy to find a conspiracy if you are looking for one
    Remember when the pats were visiting the Bills and hitting Fitzpatrick AFTER he got rid of the ball and no flags flew... Then we'd hit Brady WHILE he still had the ball, and get flagged for roughing the passer? It might be the game where cj spilled fumbled it just before the half...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    And you claim to be sober??? OK.
    More than a couple years too...
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

  8. #47
    Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Atwater, Ca.
    Posts
    23,212
    Thanks
    3,389
    Thanked 1,623 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    66

    Re: Guess what? Major sports are all rigged.

    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimus Gibby View Post
    Its rare, but it was called during a Panthers at Saints game in September 12, 1999. I would link the youtube vid, but with that darkweb you have why do I need too?
    I don't have it YET... I just BARELY got tails to run on a junk laptop at a pawn shop... so I decided to buy that laptop... I'll be getting on the dark web probably on Saturday... I sure as hell won't do it on my good laptop.

  9. #48
    Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Atwater, Ca.
    Posts
    23,212
    Thanks
    3,389
    Thanked 1,623 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    66

    Re: Guess what? Major sports are all rigged.

    And I won't be getting on on my own WiFi either... most likely I'll be going to Starbucks or Buffalo Wild Wings.

  10. #49
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    85,580
    Thanks
    9,061
    Thanked 16,934 Times in 8,329 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    241

    Re: Guess what? Major sports are all rigged.

    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Your arguments are based on a false premise that there is 'everything to lose' when in fact there is very little, possibly even nothing.

    Brady could come out tomorrow and declare "Yep. We've been cheating like hell for 20 years and I have to come clean because I just can't sleep anymore", provide all of the gory details, and there would be very few consequences for the league and the rest of the owners...just a few people and one team. Otherwise, the machine will just create some more bad guys to root against and double their revenues in another five-10 years again...business as usual.
    I don’t think that’s what would happen. People would stop watching unless the league did something to ensure the cheating doesn’t continue and it would have to be something drastic.

    I love football and the Bills and I can accept losing if it’s because other teams do a better job than us, but if we can never win because the whole thing is rigged, there’s no ****ing point.

    And think of all the money Vegas would lose. People aren’t going to bet on something if they don’t think the outcome is fairly determined.


    And also, what you’re saying is a bit different from ublink. You’re talking about one team or a few individuals deciding to cheat. That happens. That’s always happened. The leagues do stuff to try to prevent it and punish those responsible, but some people are ****ty and you’ll never totally avoid it. He’s talking about a systematic rigging of the whole thing, or at least of the major outcomes.
    Last edited by OpIv37; 07-25-2019 at 01:37 PM.

  11. Post thanked by:

    Dr. Lecter (07-25-2019)

  12. #50
    Well, lookie here... YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    67,499
    Thanks
    19,327
    Thanked 20,823 Times in 11,648 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    189

    Re: Guess what? Major sports are all rigged.

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I don’t think that’s what would happen. People would stop watching unless the league did something to ensure the cheating doesn’t continue and it would have to be something drastic.

    I love football and the Bills and I can accept losing if it’s because other teams do a better job than us, but if we can never win because the whole thing is rigged, there’s no ****ing point.

    And think of all the money Vegas would lose. People aren’t going to bet on something if they don’t think the outcome is fairly determined.
    Sorry, but history proves otherwise. The major sports always survive, and thrive, regardless of any scandal and/or accusation that has been revealed

    People will bet on anything, as long as a line is provided. Vegas had lines on the Game of Thrones final season for chrissakes do you think that was something that was 'fairly determined'...or 'rigged'?


    And also, what you’re saying is a bit different from ublink. You’re talking about one team or a few individuals deciding to cheat. That happens. That’s always happened. The leagues do stuff to try to prevent it and punish those responsible, but some people are ****ty and you’ll never totally avoid it. He’s talking about a systematic rigging of the whole thing, or at least of the major outcomes.
    If it's commonplace for certain players and/or teams to get favorable calls, that's not insignificant...it's systemic.

  13. #51
    Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Atwater, Ca.
    Posts
    23,212
    Thanks
    3,389
    Thanked 1,623 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    66

    Re: Guess what? Major sports are all rigged.

    Pro wrestling is fake and every one knows it...

    - - - Updated - - -

    People even bet on it too.

  14. #52
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    35,683
    Thanks
    7,750
    Thanked 10,187 Times in 7,464 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    84

    Re: Guess what? Major sports are all rigged.

    Quote Originally Posted by ublinkwescore View Post
    Pro wrestling is fake and every one knows it...

    - - - Updated - - -

    People even bet on it too.
    Of course pro wrestling is fake. That has nothing to do with pro sports

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •