Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mitch Morse in Concussion Protocol

Thanks
    Thanked 7,518 Times in 3,377 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Mitch Morse in Concussion Protocol

Quote Originally Posted by Haile SpikedLemonade View Post
    It may have been since Mitch was also 2 years younger than the other but his injury history was there to be seen.

Besides, there are other options if you are willing to draft OL more frequent and earlier.

The Bills haven't been in the past so they were put in this risky position after Woods retired.
    Lets say he has a 60% of playing. I doubt we had a 60% chance of landing Paradis, and by the time he decided everyone else would have been gone.

Yeah on the draft you will get no argument from me. But once you've created this problem, Morse was the best choice available.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,601 Times in 2,041 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Margarita View Post
    Mitch Morse needs not only bouffaint hair but the Betest helmet money can buy ands science can devise...and even that likely wont be enough I fear for the guy I mean come on those OLinemen knock heads inadvertantly nearly continually #incidental contact. When I saw this report I thought oh noooo already? **** Triple ****
    right now that's the VISIS Zero1 helmet. If he's not wearing it he should be

Thanks
    Thanked 2,798 Times in 2,001 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Haile SpikedLemonade View Post
    Other than Mitch, the rest of the OL signings were all rethreads with question marks.

Mitch is a bonafide starting OL but his health history was risky.

Oh well -- RUN JOSH RUN!!!!
    He may be The most important player on the team. Behind Mitch there is no one, and Quinnen Williams is coming on opening day.

On this team, the starting C is even more vital than the starting QB. At least at QB we have a backup who could win a few games.

Beane gets low marks for putting his eggs in one injury prone basket at this position, which is on an already not so solid unit.

4. Post thanked by:

Mace (08-11-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,601 Times in 2,041 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    He may be The most important player on the team. Behind Mitch there is no one, and Quinnen Williams is coming on opening day.

On this team, the starting C is even more vital than the starting QB. At least at QB we have a backup who could win a few games.

Beane gets low marks for putting his eggs in one injury prone basket at this position, which is on an already not so solid unit.
    Hey c'mon man Jethro Bodine ain't noone

6. Post thanked by:

Mace (08-11-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,798 Times in 2,001 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    Hey c'mon man Jethro Bodine ain't noone
    Let's hope we don't have to find out just who Jethro is on opening day.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,950 Times in 7,465 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

9. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (08-13-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,444 Times in 1,385 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I donít understand people saying they had no plan B. Long was the first player they signed before free agency and Feliciano was signed right away along with Morse. How many centers do you think one team can have?

11. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (08-13-2019),YardRat (08-10-2019)

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,225 Times in 1,369 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The fact that Bodine is still preferred over Long is a bad sign for him. It looks like Feliciano gets the job and Ford stays at guard. That combo looked good in pass pro Thursday night.

13. Post thanked by:

Mace (08-11-2019),The last buffalo fan (08-13-2019)

Zone's most cruel & vile 2016 Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,769 Times in 6,481 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I don’t understand people saying they had no plan B. Long was the first player they signed before free agency and Feliciano was signed right away along with Morse. How many centers do you think one team can have?
    Thing about that is that Long isn't at center and Feliciano never played it before that I'm aware of, so it looks like the answer is sort of fuzzy.

Morse was a good signing. Unfortunately he is concussed again. I guess we'll see how Feliciano does. They aren't deep in centers though and it's still unusual they're making a brand new ol with a brand new coach in their 3rd year of a program, 2nd year developing their franchise QB.
    • "Dems have no achomlishments" - The President of the United States of America, that some people elected and defend. He says he's a stable genius by the way and some people still think so.

Is Mr. Pink the one to bring me down ? Is Peterman on an NFL roster in 12/2019 ? What avatar do I choose for Mr. Pink ? Stay tuned, it's hugely !

15. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (08-12-2019),The last buffalo fan (08-13-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,769 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
    The fact that Bodine is still preferred over Long is a bad sign for him. It looks like Feliciano gets the job and Ford stays at guard. That combo looked good in pass pro Thursday night.
    Long missed some time and wasn't able to work at C as much as the Bills hoped and that's why Bodine was ahead of him on the depth chart. The new depth chart has him ahead of Bodine now.
    "You're more likely to make a lot of money if you work hard than if you don't."-Spartacus

17. Post thanked by:

ParanoidAndroid (08-18-2019),The last buffalo fan (08-13-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    Long missed some time and wasn't able to work at C as much as the Bills hoped and that's why Bodine was ahead of him on the depth chart. The new depth chart has him ahead of Bodine now.
    It also has Feliciano at guard though he started at center and Long at center though he played at guard so I probably wouldn't put too much into it at this point. Since Bodine's injury they had him spelling Spain at LG, then spelling Feliciano at center as Feliciano spelled Ford at right guard as Ford spelled Nsekhe at right tackle.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/to...-training-camp

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 639 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jimmifli View Post
    There were two C's worth signing. One wanted to drag out the process with multiple teams. The other was willing to sign with us quickly. Both had risks.

I think this risk was the smarter one.
    I think it's a position you draft. In the first 2 or 3 rounds no less.

Only an insane team lets their franchise center go. It's one of those top 5 positions on your team. If you're letting your guy go and he's good, there's a reason.

We need to draft our Kent Hull next season. But make no mistake, we absolutely need to get Allen his Kent Hull.

I can't imagine Morris finishing out this season let alone half of the remaining years on his deal. He's really freaking good, and they rolled the dice. I get it. I'm damn near certain it will have been a failed gamble though.

Again, this is a position you need to draft anyway so lets get on that. It's not like we need to draft anymore defensive players FCOL. Maybe a stud WR falls to us, maybe not.

I'm still going Center all the way in the 2020 draft if I was making the decisions and my job was on the line.
    All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

20. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (08-13-2019),The last buffalo fan (08-13-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 792 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I hope they are just being super cautious because of the early time frame and it isn't symptoms this whole time.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    I hope they are just being super cautious because of the early time frame and it isn't symptoms this whole time.
    He is at least practicing in pads and on a limited basis.

He won’t be playing this Friday.

If he doesn’t play at all in our 3rd preseason game a week Friday, then I will be concerned.

His first in game snaps have to be before the regular season begins.

24. Post thanked by:

mightysimi (08-13-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    It also has Feliciano at guard though he started at center and Long at center though he played at guard so I probably wouldn't put too much into it at this point. Since Bodine's injury they had him spelling Spain at LG, then spelling Feliciano at center as Feliciano spelled Ford at right guard as Ford spelled Nsekhe at right tackle.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/to...-training-camp
    Feliciano is the starting RG. Long has missed a good amount of time so they probably had Feliciano start at center against the Colts because he's had more time with Josh. I think that that depth chart is accurate (why put it out, much less change it if it's fake?) and that once Morse is back, Bodine is gone.

The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water! THE END OF ALL DAYS's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'd be willing to bet that Morse is pretty much ready to go, but they are keeping him out... he's a know quantity so there is no need for him to get all that many reps IMO. why get banged in the head in a preseason game? save it till september. He's getting mental reps and will get plenty of non contact reps before the season... he knows how to block.
    My son played guard in college and was the RG1, got a concussion early in camp and they just kept him on ice till the games started then dropped him in... he did just fine.
    Last edited by THE END OF ALL DAYS; 08-13-2019 at 06:06 PM.
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!! Luisito23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,493 Times in 837 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Angry Re: Mitch Morse in Concussion Protocol

Play 1 series this game then rest him until the opener.
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think he returns to practice for game 3, plays a half and then sits until the opener.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Unfortunately, he was concussed the first practice in pads. An opponent hasn't even hit him yet. If he's going to get easily concussed again, may as well be sooner instead of later so they have another center as ready as possible. If he gets easily concussed again, the writing is on the wall anyway and may as well face it.