Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nate Peterman

Thanks
    Thanked 1,709 Times in 962 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Nate Peterman

I believe that Peterman's biggest problem (other than terrible luck) has been trying to force things to happen. Of course ever since the SD game he's had an uphill battle and probably felt he had to redeem himself with big plays. His arm strength is certainly nothing to write home about, but I think he's capable of making every throw on the field. Although there are throws that he should keep away from and the coaching staff should not try to keep having him attempt those throws e.g. McDermott with the 10 yard outs.

Not sure Peterman will beat out Glennon for the number 2 spot on the Raiders, it does seem like Gruden likes Peteman a lot though. If Glennon had a higher salary I could see the Raiders going with Peterman over Glennon, but I believe that he's only going to make around $400,000 more. So IMO they'll go with Glennon as the number 2, that could change quickly though as unpredictable as Gruden seems to be.

2. Post thanked by:

Mace (08-16-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,069 Times in 6,117 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It was almost as if Peterman recognized his chance to prove himself was fleeting, and yes, he looked like he was trying to force things to happen because of it. And you saw how that turned out. That's why patience with Josh Allen is so important. Even in the face of some likely setbacks along the road in his development. How many doom & gloom threads will be started this season every time he throws a terrible INT? I would bet at least a few.
    Welcome to Buffalo Carter Hutton

Thanks
    Thanked 1,156 Times in 614 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Regardless of whether he succeeds or not I just don't understand why people say that. In watching the game, he rifled a number of bullets over the middle and it didn't look like a noodle arm to me. When Chad Pennington's wired shoulder was at it's end, he lacked arm strength, he couldn't throw a bullet anywhere. Unless the Raiders have him throwing downfield and they haven't needed it so far, there's not really any argument to be made on his arm strength if you watched the same game I did.

The int's are a completely different concern imho, he lacks touch and vision on certain patterns it seemed, but I never saw an issue with his arm and still don't. If anything, he's got a tight regular season collar when it comes to sideline throws.
    Its probably got something to do with the fact that he was never able to properly set his feet here given how utterly woeful our OL was. I'm sure he throws a much faster ball when he's not constantly under duress. Allen was sort of used to it given how bad his line was in college (bottom 100 rushing team in the NCAA, that takes a REALLY bad OL).

But this is also the reason why i don't think anyone should pay any mind to Shady's numbers last year. After Arizona, we had the worst OL in the NFL. It was only made somewhat tolerable because our guys were hard workers and they always did their best. It's just that their best wasn't very good. Some of our starters last year are borderline back-ups at best.
    All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

5. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (08-23-2019),Mace (08-16-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,939 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I would not rule out Nate finally getting it, and winning the backup competition with Glennon. I'm not predicting it, but it could happen. I think there is only one issue that is the difference between Peterman playing in a self destructive way, and playing really well. If he starts to get that right in the regular season, watch out. On the other hand, Mike Glennon played pretty well last night too. The only QB in that game who didn't was Kyler Murray.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

7. Post thanked by:

Mace (08-16-2019)

Co-Captain, Team Pink! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,676 Times in 8,844 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf View Post
    I have to agree here. With KB's total lack of effort and marginal talents like Deonte Thompson and Zay Jones, Peterman had no chance to come back, especially in the driving rain. Then we put him in against the most opportunistic team in the league (Bears) and it happened again. Big surprise.
    Well maybe the Raiders will only play him in nice weather against other **** teams....lol

9. Post thanked by:

Bill Cody (08-16-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,535 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    Well maybe the Raiders will only play him in nice weather against other **** teams....lol

Thanks
    Thanked 6,768 Times in 4,095 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

As long as you put Nate Pete out there against 3rd stringers and tell him you can't throw the ball more than 3 yards downfield, he'll look like Bart Starr!

12. Post thanked by:

Historian (08-16-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 1,970 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You got to know when to hold em and when to fold em and when to walk away. Unfortunately at the end of the day, Nate couldn't take care of the rock.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,069 Times in 6,117 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    You got to know when to hold em and when to fold em and when to walk away. Unfortunately at the end of the day, Nate couldn't take care of the rock.
    You sound like a Kenny Rogers fan.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    You sound like a Kenny Rogers fan.
    Through the Years I believed in Nate Peterman but If I Ever Fall In Love Again, it's going to be with a Lady.

16. Post thanked by:

Historian (08-16-2019),Mace (08-16-2019),Swiper (08-16-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Peterman > Tyree Jackson

18. Post thanked by:

sukie (08-16-2019)

Zone's most cruel & vile 2016 Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 6,409 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    Well, it's kind of interesting that in todays preseason game, after Grier threw the pick six, they didn't call the same play any more. Makes sense you'd think. Why did Daboll keep trying that route when he did ? I had the feeling across the board, through a good chunk of the season Daboll was calling plays based on theory without regard to the limitations of anyone who was executing them. Talked about that a lot last season in various threads.

I don't know how it ends up for Peterman. But I think there were more factors involved in his mess here that deserve some blame. Honestly, we'll see, and it doesn't matter any more because he's not here. Except for Pink and I in our steel cage. Muahahaha....cough cough.
    • "Dems have no achomlishments" - The President of the United States of America, that some people elected and defend. He says he's a stable genius by the way and some people still think so.

Is Mr. Pink the one to bring me down ? Is Peterman on an NFL roster in 12/2019 ? What avatar do I choose for Mr. Pink ? Stay tuned, it's hugely !

20. Post thanked by:

Historian (08-17-2019),sahlensguy (08-16-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Natrix View Post
    Peterman > Tyree Jackson
    Jackson really should have remained in college another season. Thought for sure when he entered the transfer portal he'd get in a good year of development with another program. He just wasn't ready for the step.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Well, it's kind of interesting that in todays preseason game, after Grier threw the pick six, they didn't call the same play any more. Makes sense you'd think. Why did Daboll keep trying that route when he did ? I had the feeling across the board, through a good chunk of the season Daboll was calling plays based on theory without regard to the limitations of anyone who was executing them. Talked about that a lot last season in various threads.

I don't know how it ends up for Peterman. But I think there were more factors involved in his mess here that deserve some blame. Honestly, we'll see, and it doesn't matter any more because he's not here. Except for Pink and I in our steel cage. Muahahaha....cough cough.
    I'm in agreement. Peterman was thrown to the wolves with no plan, no protection and no weapons. That said, after the first tipped int ball, you can't make history with 4 more ints in a half. At some point he just needed to take the sack.

Good guy though. All the best to him, and your bet.

23. Post thanked by:

Mace (08-16-2019)

The Victimizer CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,646 Times in 11,971 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Peterman player of the game against the Packers...
    boisterous hubris, arrogance, self deception, conspiracy, mud slinging mixed with a heavy dose of self righteousness.

25. Post thanked by:

Mace (08-22-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by CommissarSpartacus View Post
    They might as well reserve a spot for his bust in the hall of fame.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 952 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Once again Peterman lacks the arms strength for regular speed NFL games. Every game he has several weak passes that get picked. If you need to see it again you will.
    Fitz to Murphy… I always wanted to know what Shrek would look like in human form

Thanks
    Thanked 7,250 Times in 4,201 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wish Peterman the best. Was pulling for him to be what Reich was for Kelly.

Co-Captain, Team Pink! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,676 Times in 8,844 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by CommissarSpartacus View Post
    It will be good practice for him, playing on an 80 yard CFL field!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    Once again Peterman lacks the arms strength for regular speed NFL games. Every game he has several weak passes that get picked. If you need to see it again you will.
    Once again, having watched the better part of the game, I don't see it.

31. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (08-24-2019)