Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Is Looking More and More to be a Blowout Loss for Trump

Thanks
    Thanked 5,852 Times in 3,556 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 2020 Is Looking More and More to be a Blowout Loss for Trump

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
    Poor as **** red states survive off the generosity of states like California and New York. If you get a moment to, look up the "blue state/red state paradox" and how basically red states are net takers from the federal government and blue states are net givers.

If you think siphoning off California or SoCal from the US is a good idea, you're taking away things like disability, medicaid, medicare, food stamps, TANF, and all kinds of federal funds from poor as hell Republicans in deep red states who desperately need that federal money. Of course, those same people vote against their own self interests but who cares, they're still human beings who need assistance if they need assistance.
    ALL the REAL money is in Blue states.

District of Columbia
    Maryland
    New Jersey
    Hawaii
    Connecticut
    California
    New York
    Massachusetts
    Illinois

And the poorest are all Red States...

Mississippi
    Arkansas
    Louisiana
    Alabama
    Kentucky
    South Carolina
    Tennessee

Texas is in the middle of the pack...#24. Florida is in the bottom half...#40.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,015 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    This is just precious...

“OH MY GOD, THIS JACKASS”: THE MOOCH EXPLAINS WHY HE THINKS TRUMP IS “CRAZY,” “NARCISSISTIC,” AND A “PAPER TIGER” WHO WILL DROP OUT BY MARCH 2020

I've been saying this for quite some time. I would not be surprised in the least if Trump is not the 2020 Republican candidate. If the economy goes into recession....it would probably be a 60% chance that the weasel chicken **** coward Trump drops out.
    Is there anything more sad than the 10,000 former Trump people that have been expelled from the nest finally deciding to speak out about this moron? Mooch is as pitiful as Trump. Just once I'd like to see one of these people show some balls when they were actually in a position of power

3. Post thanked by:

notacon (08-17-2019)

Preschoolmini-douche Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,592 Times in 1,626 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

California has the largest GDP in the ENTIRE united states.

If California was its own Country it would be the WORLDS 5th largest economy.

You Republicans should show some more respect for Caly.

They write your Welfare Checks.

5. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (08-16-2019),JATMtheJATM (08-16-2019),notacon (08-17-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,517 Times in 11,496 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Poor as **** red states survive off the generosity of states like California and New York. If you get a moment to, look up the "blue state/red state paradox" and how basically red states are net takers from the federal government and blue states are net givers.

If you think siphoning off California or SoCal from the US is a good idea, you're taking away things like disability, medicaid, medicare, food stamps, TANF, and all kinds of federal funds from poor as hell Republicans in deep red states who desperately need that federal money. Of course, those same people vote against their own self interests but who cares, they're still human beings who need assistance if they need assistance.
    Regarding California specifically that's already been de-bunked at least a couple of times. California is at or near the top of list for receiving the most federal funding for several programs. It's a fallacy.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 656 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Regarding California specifically that's already been de-bunked at least a couple of times. California is at or near the top of list for receiving the most federal funding for several programs. It's a fallacy.
    Do you have an article or source? The way you stated it, to me, doesn't mean they're still not net givers. I would think that they should be getting top federal funding for specific programs because they're the most populous state by a wide margin. I mean that's generally how that works right?
    Your dreams can never be taken away from you.

8. Post thanked by:

notacon (08-17-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,779 Times in 4,104 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidvizion View Post
    Do you have an article or source? The way you stated it, to me, doesn't mean they're still not net givers. I would think that they should be getting top federal funding for specific programs because they're the most populous state by a wide margin. I mean that's generally how that works right?
    https://www.moneytips.com/is-your-st...-net-taker/356

Not only is CA a net taker, so is NY.

10. Post thanked by:

Lucidvizion (08-17-2019)

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,968 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    The "reality" TV stars get elected to be President of the United States.
    And a comedian in the Ukraine and a part time drama teacher in Canada. And not sure in the UK.
    A very disturbing trend in Canada now is that Justin Trudeau's behavior and lies have become 'acceptable' . . . more disturbing yet is his cabinet of brain-dead penguins have accepted his criminal behavior and have surrounded and support him. Those same brain-dead penguins have a lesser grasp of 'ethics' than their leader . . . . this country is in deep poo.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidvizion View Post
    I'm not being snarky when I say this so please don't take it that way, but I've already laid out sources and stats a couple of times, I'm not going to do it every time it comes up.

California gets their fair share of federal aid and isn't getting screwed by any means, the numbers are out there.
    Anything California has, or does, can be done anywhere else in the continental United States. Except for growing almonds.
    California needs the US far more than the US needs them, but if they want to take their almonds and go off on their own have at it. It's going to hurt them a helluva lot more than it will anybody else.

Preschoolmini-douche Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,592 Times in 1,626 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ticatfan View Post
    And a comedian in the Ukraine and a part time drama teacher in Canada. And not sure in the UK.
    Americans tried to install the right wing nazis, Ukrainians said FU and installed a Jew.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm not being snarky when I say this so please don't take it that way, but I've already laid out sources and stats a couple of times, I'm not going to do it every time it comes up.

California gets their fair share of federal aid and isn't getting screwed by any means, the numbers are out there.
    Anything California has, or does, can be done anywhere else in the continental United States. Except for growing almonds.
    California needs the US far more than the US needs them, but if they want to take their almonds and go off on their own have at it. It's going to hurt them a helluva lot more than it will anybody else.
    Fair enough. Also on the same token - if I ever ask for a source I'm not trying to be confrontational, it's just that I've either read/heard/seen something contrary and am totally prepared to be wrong.

15. Post thanked by:

YardRat (08-17-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post

The images are really confusing on that article - but the text says the opposite of what you are saying:

According to a report from the New York State Comptroller's Office, 13 states were net payers in fiscal 2016. New Jersey tops the list of net payers at a per capita deficit of $3,076, receiving just 76 cents for every dollar paid in federal taxes. The Garden State is followed in order of per capita deficit by North Dakota, Connecticut, New York, Wyoming, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Illinois, New Hampshire, Nebraska, South Dakota, California, and Texas.

17. Post thanked by:

notacon (08-17-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,852 Times in 3,556 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    Is there anything more sad than the 10,000 former Trump people that have been expelled from the nest finally deciding to speak out about this moron? Mooch is as pitiful as Trump. Just once I'd like to see one of these people show some balls when they were actually in a position of power
    I suspect that a huge majority of elected Republicans HATE Trump and know that he is a toxic cancer on the country and especially, the Republican party.

They are just biding their time until they turn on him.

Mooch is trying to position himself for the post-Trump era (which will come in 2021) when all the GOP jerks will start backtracking their immoral and disgusting tolerating of Trump. Just look at Lindsey Graham....the KING hypocritical opportunistic SCUMBAG.

In 2021 and beyond, we'll start hearing that 'Trump's was not a "real" conservative'...and that although they agreed with his policies they 'did not like his rhetoric'...blah...blah...blah.

They will be running to distance themselves from Trump's so quickly that it will make your head spin.

Mooch can do what he's dong now, because he's not an elected official....and he could have gone either way on the Trump Gravy Train.... It's telling that he has gone all-in on the "Trump's is a scumbag" side.....which means he is almost 100% sure that Trump is a loser.

The rats are starting to escape the sining ship. This is going to FUN to watch.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,981 Times in 5,405 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post

Your article is outdated. It's based on data from 2016. And you're not reading it correctly. Take a second look and I think you'll catch your error.

Here's an interactive map from an updated study published in 2019 (and after a frustrating amount the research, the most recent I could find) regarding balance of payments (BOP) by state, which follows federal expenditures and receipts.

You can scroll through and click on each state for individual data.

https://rockinst.org/issue-areas/fis...yments-portal/

California's return on the dollar is one dollar. So it's true, California is technically no longer a "net giver" since they break even.

However you can see that New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Jersey are your four biggest net givers.

And as a broader trend, the states with the lower BOP tend to be blue, while the higher tend to be red.

Virginia appears to be the biggest outlier, but that makes sense given the enormous presence of the federal workforce located specifically in Virginia due to its proximity to DC.

And in case the map doesn't work well for those viewing on their cell phones, here's a GIF. States that pay more than they receive are in red. States that receive more than they pay are in green. The lighter the shade, the closer to neutral that state is.

Last edited by JoeMama; 08-17-2019 at 06:44 PM.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

20. Post thanked by:

Lucidvizion (08-18-2019),notacon (08-18-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,718 Times in 4,381 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Blowout ? Really ?

They can't even produce a good candidate among the 196 participating in the debates.

I didn't vote for Trump but when your platform is basically calling Trump a "racist" or "terrorist" ad nauseam ( while promising big, costly programs for the middle class taxpayers ), you are setting yourself up for another loss.
    "When I'm with you girl I get an extension.. and I don't mean Alexander Graham Bell's invention."

22. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (08-18-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's funny how I can categorically disregard almost anything you think is true, based on whatever weird fantasy world it is you get these odd notions.

See my post on balance of payments per state.

You've never been good with numbers. But come on, dude. This is bad even for you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Blowout ? Really ?

They can't even produce a good candidate among the 196 participating in the debates.

I didn't vote for Trump but when your platform is basically calling Trump a "racist" or "terrorist" ad nauseam ( while promising big, costly programs for the middle class taxpayers ), you are setting yourself up for another loss.
    Pushing racial and cultural buttons ultimately propelled Trump to the finish line in 2016. It may yet again do the trick in 2020. People who are drawn to him seem to have a limitless appetite for his unique brand of white identity grievance politics.

When Trump does and says racist things, I see no problem in calling him out on it. Do we have to treat him and his supporters like little snowflakes and worry about hurting their precious little feelings when they shout racist things and start racist chants?

I agree overkill of the racism card may rile up his base enough to keep them coming to the polls in 2020. But at the same time you have to call a spade a spade when it's appropriate. And it's' been appropriate many times during his presidency.
    Last edited by JoeMama; 08-17-2019 at 07:15 PM.

25. Post thanked by:

Lucidvizion (08-18-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's funny how I can categorically disregard almost anything you think is true, based on whatever weird fantasy world it is you get these odd notions.

See my post on balance of payments per state.

You've never been good with numbers. But come on, dude. This is bad even for you.
    Your inability to comprehend my overall genius does not equate to me being wrong or 'bad', I'm a ****ing math whizz.

Otherwise you wouldn't have posted information that supports my comment.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,670 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If the Dem candidate is Yang or Gabbard then this thread is true. Maybe also true for Bernie.

Likely untrue for anyone else.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Also, per that report from the Rockefeller Institute on page 16 are a couple more maps, one (Fig 4A) that shows 9 of the bottom 12 states ranked by per capita federal expenditures went red in 2016, so that indicates that premise might be wrong also. (Nevada, Colorado and Illinois are the exceptions).

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,649 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Blowout ? Really ?

How long did it take the Republicans in THEIR endless debates in 2015-16 to create a candidate? We're STILL months away from the first primaries and caucuses and you want a candidate NOW.

As it is, come crunch time here's who I think will be left standing: Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris, Buttigieg and MAYBE O'Rourke. You're already seeing the field being winnowed down; witness Hickenlooper's exit last week.
    "The powerful have always preyed on the powerless. That is how they became powerful in the first place."

-Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones/"The Wars To Come"

30. Post thanked by:

notacon (08-18-2019)