Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 67% of Americans Support an Assault Weapons Ban

Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,378 Times in 3,118 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 67% of Americans Support an Assault Weapons Ban

Guns are needed for self defense. Also an added point in this article about why you don't want Craigslist people coming to your home.

Marion County sheriffís officials say a homeowner armed with an AR-15 shot and killed two intruders and was injured himself during a home invasion robbery in Summerfield Wednesday night (July 10). Two other robbery suspects ó Robert John Hamilton, 19, of Ocala, and Seth Adam Rodriguez, 22, of Belleview ó were detained near the scene, according to the Marion County Sheriffís Office. Nigel Doyle, 22, of Summerfield, and Keith Jackson Jr., 21, Ocala, were killed. The homeowner, whose name was not released by the Sheriffís Office, was in stable condition at a hospital Thursday afternoon.

Rodriguez was arrested on charges of murder and home invasion robbery with a firearm. Hamilton faces home invasion robbery with a firearm. Both men were being held in the Marion County Jail without bond. Deputies got the call at 8:21 p.m. Wednesday and went to the home at 14999 SE 32nd Court Road in response to a report of shots fired.

The homeowner told Detective Travis OíCull that, about an hour before the shooting, a male who he barely remembers from a past Craigslist transaction, knocked on the front door, according to sheriffís officials.The homeowner said he did not open the door but saw the male peering through a back sliding-glass door. He said he asked the male what he was doing and was told he needed help with his vehicle.

The homeowner said he told the individual he was disabled and couldnít help him. That person then left and homeowner went to sleep. The homeowner told the detective he was awakened by a loud noise and grabbed his AR-15, which was near his bed. He saw a masked person inside the home, he said, and he and the intruders exchanged gunfire. He said he shot at the man in the mask and at a second person coming toward him.

Homeowner Stops 4 Intruders With AR-15 in Home Invasion Attempt

Thanks
    Thanked 1,727 Times in 1,026 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    So...they are lying when the media reports that the El Paso shooter fired 41 rounds in 32 seconds?!?!?!?

Sorry, but I'll believe the media over the gun nuts any day.

And, no, my stand does not have anything to do with media "disinformation". It is the NRA and right wing Republicans that put forth "disinformation".

The facts are easy to find. Studies are easy to read. The FACT is that every country with strict gun control laws have monumentally less violence and death caused by easy access to guns.

Every state that has more restrictive gun laws have the same. Homes WITH guns have much higher chances of death, suicide and accidents with those guns than holes that have NO guns.
    Just to point it out, 40 rounds in 30 seconds isnít really a lot.

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,970 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    Tax the bullets and everything attached to making them at home into oblivion.

2nd amendment say nothing about Taxes, Rights are not infringed. And you are represented.

Want to go on a shooting rampage, Its going to cost you a fortune.

That's where I would start.
    Another stupid idea that does nothing. Blackmarket would love you.
    A very disturbing trend in Canada now is that Justin Trudeau's behavior and lies have become 'acceptable' . . . more disturbing yet is his cabinet of brain-dead penguins have accepted his criminal behavior and have surrounded and support him. Those same brain-dead penguins have a lesser grasp of 'ethics' than their leader . . . . this country is in deep poo.

Preschoolmini-douche Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,627 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    Just to point it out, 40 rounds in 30 seconds isn’t really a lot.
    It sure the hell is when you're dancing in bar and Rambo burst in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ticatfan View Post
    Another stupid idea that does nothing.
    Name some of your ideas?

5. Post thanked by:

Blondie (08-19-2019)

Dumber than the average blonde :-) Blondie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,446 Times in 5,219 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

My Mistake ~~ Sparty

Thanks
    Thanked 1,181 Times in 661 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    They should make a law that says firing more than 1 round every 3 seconds is against the law.
    That made me laugh because it reminded me of the Safe Act's 7 round limit in 10 round mags... put the 8th round in the mag and you're a criminal.
    Your dreams can never be taken away from you.

8. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (08-19-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,855 Times in 3,559 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It is when you are getting shot at.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,362 Times in 2,908 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    What is the difference for an M4 on full auto or semi-auto, a quarter turn of a switch?

Either way it is more effective to take out people on semi-auto which is why this is a problem. The fact that the M4 can go full auto and has the ability to cycle 700 times with apparently a magical clip means nothing. They both use 5.56. Totally different weapon lol
    They aren't going to answer...I've brought it up before. They'll dodge or ignore.

Same muzzle velocity;
    Same ammo;
    Same range;
    Most likely same accuracy;
    Sam ability to inflict bodily harm from a great distance.

As the M-16.

They'll just stick to saying "bbb---ut its not an automatic!!" I know they know, given their purported knowledge of firearms. For some reason, they want to duck the question.

The only response you got was from Pink..who could only say, "Imagine what the casualties in Vegas would have been if the guy had an automatic."

Holy Horse**** sittin' on a Ritz...one ****ing man killed 58 people and wounded over 500 ****ing hundred others and all he can say is...just think what it would have been like?

As if one moron creating hundreds of casualties is somehow an acceptable figure.

How many casualties by one would it take to convince them? No amount.

PS

Im not sure where they are getting a definition of an "assault weapon". There's nothing I'm aware that says an "assault weapon" or "assault rifle" or anything of the sort must be an automatic.

Example. There was an assault weapon ban from late 1994 to late 2004. It banned a number of semi automatics...if they had a little extra, like a large magazine, a folding stock or a few other things.

The thing is, if they were wanting to ban only "assault rifles" that are fully automatic, they were already banned. The legislation would have been unnecessary.

So to say a weapon has to be fully automatic to be an "assault weapon" is about as nuts as thinking the AR-15 only "looks scary".

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I've always wanted to virtually ban all guns. That's not a secret. I'm also a realist that knows that is impossible in America...so I don't usually push that unicorn dream.

My observations about the technical specifications of guns is admittedly not good....I could care less. And it's irrelevant to the reality that ALL guns are dangerous, especially because of the almost unlimited proliferation we are damned with today in the US.

My citing of studies and facts about the effects of proliferation of guns are spot on accurate.

More guns = more deaths and destruction of humans.

Less guns = less death and destruction of humans.

It's a very simple concept.
    Nope I get it. I respect it even. I too wish I lived in a world without any guns - that would be one human worry whisked away forever. There are two big problems with banning guns in america. They hold their value as well as gold if they're taken care of. There's also a lot of family history and heirlooms too. I have my grandfather's duty revolver - it's something I care for and rarely shoot - and it's the only thing I have in this material world that is left of him. Great, now I'm sad.

BTW...golfing does not kill anyone (except in extraordinary circumstances that I'm sure someone has been hit with a ball sometime in history and died). It take real skill to be good at golf.
    Oh come on I wasn't going to take the disagreement there

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    So to say a weapon has to be fully automatic to be an "assault weapon" is about as nuts as thinking the AR-15 only "looks scary".
    Are you the guy that gets to decide what adjectives we're allowed to call the things? At what point does something stop being an assault weapon? I'm pretty sure once upon a time a sword was considered one, now they're just wall decorations for weebs and neckbeards.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,781 Times in 4,106 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    They aren't going to answer...I've brought it up before. They'll dodge or ignore.

Same muzzle velocity;
    Same ammo;
    Same range;
    Most likely same accuracy;
    Sam ability to inflict bodily harm from a great distance.

As the M-16.
    Except one rifle has 45-180 RPM and the other 800 RPM. And the one even though is capable of firing 180 RPM you're likely going to jam the rifle if not melt the barrel as the rifle isn't designed to be handle it, unless modified.

The thing your side of this argument won't acknowledge that a guy could have multiple .44s and multiple speed loaders and still shoot just as many bullets, causing just as many fatalities/injuries in the same amount of time.

But the AR-15 looks scary, whereas a double action revolver does not.

So should double action revolvers be banned too? Or just speed loaders? Or both?

Then there was a video I posted of a single action revolver being able to fire 5 rounds in .88 seconds. Reloading is going to take a bit longer on a single action than a double action but should that be banned too?

You people only pipe up when there's 20 fatalities but seemingly care nothing about 1 fatality.

If your end goal is to eliminate gun violence, then getting rid of one specific type of firearm is like putting a bandaid on a broken arm.

And your 1994 legislation did absolutely nothing. All it did was ban semi-automatic weapons produced after the date the bill was signed. Studies showed it didn't lead to a decrease in criminal activity or firearm homicide. Which is probably why the bill was just allowed to expire and not extended in 2004 because it was utterly pointless.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,781 Times in 4,106 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidvizion View Post
    Are you the guy that gets to decide what adjectives we're allowed to call the things? At what point does something stop being an assault weapon? I'm pretty sure once upon a time a sword was considered one, now they're just wall decorations for weebs and neckbeards.
    A knife can be an assault weapon.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/3...g-spree-n41966

But if you ask some of these people here only a semi-automatic rifle can accomplish this.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It is when you are getting shot at.
    Well my point was that shooting 40 rounds in half a minute isnít really a huge rate of considering whatís out there.

Now, please tell me how many times you have had bullets whiz over your head. Iím willing to bet Iíve been shot at more then you and everyone else in here. Not itís not a badge of honor or anything but I know what itís like to be shot at.
    Last edited by jamze132; 08-19-2019 at 09:31 PM.

16. Post thanked by:

ticatfan (08-19-2019)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,870 Times in 1,744 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidvizion View Post
    That made me laugh because it reminded me of the Safe Act's 7 round limit in 10 round mags... put the 8th round in the mag and you're a criminal.
    Yeah Cuomos stupid Safe Act.
    I’ve read when the NY legislatures come back more stuff will be added to the Safe Act.
    Last edited by TacklingDummy; 08-19-2019 at 10:27 PM.
    Draft a franchise QB that X-Era would be proud to put in his user name for the next 13 years.

18. Post thanked by:

Lucidvizion (08-20-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well my point was that shooting 40 rounds in half a minute isn’t really a huge rate of considering what’s out there.

Now, please tell me how many times you have had bullets whiz over your head. I’m willing to bet I’ve been shot at more then you and everyone else in here. Not it’s not a badge of honor or anything but I know what it’s like to be shot at.
    I would like to hear what its like to be shot at.

Please tell the story.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I would like to hear what its like to be shot at.

Please tell the story.
    Join the military and find out.

21. Post thanked by:

ticatfan (08-20-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Join the military and find out.
    You brought it up. To make a point sooo.

Tell us what its like to be shot at?

I would like to hear it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You brought it up. To make a point sooo.

Tell us what its like to be shot at?

I would like to hear it.
    Ok you win. It sucks being shot at. When a bullet goes over your head, it makes a snapping sound as it passes. Bullets tend to kick up a lot of debris as theyíre splashing around you and itís extremely important to wear eye protection so that **** doesnít take you out of the fight. Itís pretty loud when a bunch of bullets are hitting the helicopter your in and itís a pretty ****ing helpless feeling know theirs Only one way down. When clearing a room as a 4-man stack, being the 1-man sucks because you donít know what youíre walking into. If thereís someone waiting, youíll be lucky if all the bullets miss because at close range, itís not hard to hit your intended target. Itís also pretty loud in that environment and itís easy to get startled. Itís also very easy to get an extreme headache when itís over as your ears are ringing like they never have before.

Do you have an interesting story youíd like to share or do you just want to be a jackass who likes to co-sign?
    Last edited by jamze132; 08-20-2019 at 12:03 AM.

24. Post thanked by:

Downinfloflo (08-20-2019),ticatfan (08-20-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ok you win. It sucks being shot at. When a bullet goes over your head, it makes a snapping sound as it passes. Bullets tend to kick up a lot of debris as they’re splashing around you and it’s extremely important to wear eye protection so that **** doesn’t take you out of the fight. It’s pretty loud when a bunch of bullets are hitting the helicopter your in and it’s a pretty ****ing helpless feeling know theirs Only one way down. When clearing a room as a 4-man stack, being the 1-man sucks because you don’t know what you’re walking into. If there’s someone waiting, you’ll be lucky if all the bullets miss because at close range, it’s not hard to hit your intended target. It’s also pretty loud in that environment and it’s easy to get startled. It’s also very easy to get an extreme headache when it’s over as your ears are ringing like they never have before.

Do you have an interesting story you’d like to share or do you just want to be a jackass who likes to co-sign?
    Imagine what it feels like for a civilian to get shot at.

The children get shot at school.

Civilians get shot at Movie Theaters.

Civilians get shot at church

Civilians get shot at nightclubs..

You left the country.

One more thing, Its never about winning or loosing with me.

Its what's right and what's wrong.
    Last edited by Downinfloflo; 08-20-2019 at 12:18 AM.

26. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (08-20-2019),Haile SpikedLemonade (08-20-2019),senseofdoom (08-20-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Imagine what it feels like for a civilian to get shot at.

The children get shot at school.

Civilians get shot at Movie Theaters.

Civilians get shot at church

Civilians get shot at nightclubs..

You left the country.

One more thing, Its never about winning or loosing with me.

Its what's right and what's wrong.
    I don’t understand your point... why would I want to imagine what it’s like for a kid to get shot at while in school? I’m on record stating that I’d gladly turn mine in if the government deemed them illegal to possess. I’m on record saying I’m open to discussion about magazine size/rare if fire restrictions.

Some of you lose sight of the fact that the weapon is just a tool. It takes a psycho on the other end to murder innocent people. If we made these guns illegal to own or manufacture, people would just find another tool to use instead. Or they would still use the outlawed weapon and break the law.

28. Post thanked by:

justasportsfan (08-20-2019),Lucidvizion (08-20-2019)