Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: first female Marine to become pilot...can't wait until Trumpy gets word of this

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,970 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: first female Marine to become pilot...can't wait until Trumpy gets word of this

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    A few quick comments here

1. We really do not need to say that posters need to be exterminated.
    2. Yes Nottie. You are rather emotional and irrational - quite often in fact. (but still don't need to be terminated!)
    Well at least banned for a while to cool down and maybe realize his mistakes. Or go see a shrink, before he strokes out.
    A very disturbing trend in Canada now is that Justin Trudeau's behavior and lies have become 'acceptable' . . . more disturbing yet is his cabinet of brain-dead penguins have accepted his criminal behavior and have surrounded and support him. Those same brain-dead penguins have a lesser grasp of 'ethics' than their leader . . . . this country is in deep poo.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,346 Times in 6,780 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: first female Marine to become pilot...can't wait until Trumpy gets word of this

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    Lol when did I ever claim, in any manner, that I want you dead???

Thatís not my nature.
    Not you - Gameboy wants him "exterminated"
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

3. Post thanked by:

notacon (08-23-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,854 Times in 3,558 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Lol when did I ever claim, in any manner, that I want you dead???

That’s not my nature.
    As Lecter pointed out I was not referring to you saying that I should be terminated.

What I was trying to say is passing judgement on me being "emotional/irrational".....in comparison....what does that make gameboy's (veiled) threat to my actual state of being alive???

Sorry if it seemed like I was accusing you of such treachery. You and I hardly ever agree, but it's pretty clear that your heart is in the right place, and I do not think for moment that you would wish me, or anyone else any harm.

Back to the accusation you DID make about me.

YES, I plea guilty to being overly emotional sometimes. That's just a result of events, politics, policy and rhetoric that go diametrically counter to my deeply held convictions of principles, values and morality. Yeah...you bet your ass that racism and bigotry get me all riled up. Plus, my Italian American ancestry instilled emotion into my very DNA.

My father had seven sisters. When my extended family got together (every Sunday when I was a kid)....it was the most raucous, loud, opinionated, combative and...yes....emotional free-for-all. You get a bunch of Guineas together and it's a freakin circus.

So...yeah....I wear my heart on my sleeve and I don't shy away from confrontation. Again...it's in my DNA.

But, "irrational"?!?!? No ****ing way. My positions are well thought out and rooted in my values, principles and morality. FAMILY is all important. Equality for ALL people is my mantra. Social justice is deeply valued.

I don't rate a position based on where it comes from....I read many different sources from all over the political spectrum and base my opinions on how they adhere to my principles, values and morality that my parents infilled in me.

THAT is why I am a progressive and liberal Democrat.....and TODAY's Republican right wing political philosophy is diametrically opposed to everything I am.

5. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (08-24-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    A few quick comments here

1. We really do not need to say that posters need to be exterminated.
    2. Yes Nottie. You are rather emotional and irrational - quite often in fact. (but still don't need to be terminated!)

See my post above. I plea guilty to being "emotional"....but NOT "irrational".

Anyway...thanks for endorsing my right to life.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,216 Times in 732 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Probably a mistake to post this, but I will anyway.

No serious adult would take what I said about the man's vitality as a serious desire.

He is simply the latest in an entire history of wackiness on this forum, and anybody who takes any of this seriously needs to reconsider.

I have regarded it as a comical subforum for years, but hey, people time out at different rates.

I wish no one any harm, but I do get really tied of reading accusations that are grossly ignorant.

8. Post thanked by:

ticatfan (08-23-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,727 Times in 1,026 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    As Lecter pointed out I was not referring to you saying that I should be terminated.

What I was trying to say is passing judgement on me being "emotional/irrational".....in comparison....what does that make gameboy's (veiled) threat to my actual state of being alive???

Sorry if it seemed like I was accusing you of such treachery. You and I hardly ever agree, but it's pretty clear that your heart is in the right place, and I do not think for moment that you would wish me, or anyone else any harm.

Back to the accusation you DID make about me.

YES, I plea guilty to being overly emotional sometimes. That's just a result of events, politics, policy and rhetoric that go diametrically counter to my deeply held convictions of principles, values and morality. Yeah...you bet your ass that racism and bigotry get me all riled up. Plus, my Italian American ancestry instilled emotion into my very DNA.

My father had seven sisters. When my extended family got together (every Sunday when I was a kid)....it was the most raucous, loud, opinionated, combative and...yes....emotional free-for-all. You get a bunch of Guineas together and it's a freakin circus.

So...yeah....I wear my heart on my sleeve and I don't shy away from confrontation. Again...it's in my DNA.

But, "irrational"?!?!? No ****ing way. My positions are well thought out and rooted in my values, principles and morality. FAMILY is all important. Equality for ALL people is my mantra. Social justice is deeply valued.

I don't rate a position based on where it comes from....I read many different sources from all over the political spectrum and base my opinions on how they adhere to my principles, values and morality that my parents infilled in me.

THAT is why I am a progressive and liberal Democrat.....and TODAY's Republican right wing political philosophy is diametrically opposed to everything I am.
    Fair enough. I certainly understand why you’re not a Republican but I don’t understand why you’re a Democrat. You basically said you look at things from both perspectives and go from there. To me that screams Independent, like me.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,346 Times in 6,780 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Captain gameboy View Post
    Probably a mistake to post this, but I will anyway.

No serious adult would take what I said about the man's vitality as a serious desire.

He is simply the latest in an entire history of wackiness on this forum, and anybody who takes any of this seriously needs to reconsider.

I have regarded it as a comical subforum for years, but hey, people time out at different rates.

I wish no one any harm, but I do get really tied of reading accusations that are grossly ignorant.
    Whether it was serious or not, really is not the point. There are certain lines (and there are not many) that we don't want crossed here.

And for somebody that regards this as a comic subforum, you certainly seem to take it pretty seriously.

I also agree there is a lot of wackiness here. Of course, we might look at different people as being the wacky ones.

11. Post thanked by:

notacon (08-24-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Fair enough. I certainly understand why youíre not a Republican but I donít understand why youíre a Democrat. You basically said you look at things from both perspectives and go from there. To me that screams Independent, like me.
    Why am I a Democrat? Because independents have zero power to actually get things done. Political parties are the method for a like minded individuals to band together and increase the amount of power they have to get what they want, as a group, which is much greater than the individuals can get on their own.

That's the whole premise behind labor unions, and why corporations hate them and fight the formation of such. Non-unionized places of employment is like a bunch of "independents". They have ZERO power. When workers band together for a common purpose, they (the GROUP) have tremendous leverage and advance the cause for ALL the members.

Political parties are the same. I know lots of people disdain their existence....but that is a short sighted and wrong headed idea. The American constitutional republic can ONLY thrive with two (and only two) strong principled political parties.

Unfortunately, today, we do not have two strong principled political parties...we have only one. Today's (and I stress today's) Republican Party is more like a cult. They peddle lies....reject objective fact...has a TV network virtually dictate what they do....take their cue and power from radical right wing talk radio blowhards.

The Democratic Party, despite their many warts, is the ONLY conduit to achieve the type of policy and fulfillment of values that is worth a damn.

Looking at things from both perspectives (which I do) does not "scream independent". It means that I make the effort to LISTEN to the all points of view, and use that information to help formulate the best way to achieve what I THINK is the best end goal....which is a fulfillment (as closely as possible) to my principles, values and morality.

The Democratic Party comes closest. The Republican Party offers me virtually NOTHING!

In my opinion, the best way to motivate the Democratic Party is to be part of it, and make my voice heard. I call and write my congresspeople often. When I retire next year, I expect to get more involved with the party on a local level.

So...to me....it's banding and bonding with like minded people to affect change when it's needed and to protect what has been achieved.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

BTW....there are hardly any true "independents". Study after study and poll after poll, finds that "independents" ALWAYS lean toward the Democratic or Republican Party mindset.