Thread: For all of you that are honest Bills fans and observe the pre-season games - - -

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

For all of you that are honest Bills fans and observe the pre-season games - - -

Ed Oliver looks way out of place! He doesn't get any push and actually got pancaked twice by O-Lineman. Notice how the local sports media keeps avoiding any comments about him!!

2. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (08-25-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,109 Times in 2,930 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: For all of you that are honest Bills fans and observe the pre-season games - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endzone View Post
    Ed Oliver looks way out of place! He doesn't get any push and actually got pancaked twice by O-Lineman. Notice how the local sports media keeps avoiding any comments about him!!
    Are you watching the games with any experience behind you at all ?? Oliver was getting double teamed, they couldn’t stop him & sometimes triple teamed. You know what that means ?? Somebody else is open to get the QB.
    Last edited by Skooby; 08-25-2019 at 06:07 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,182 Times in 3,435 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: For all of you that are honest Bills fans and observe the pre-season games - - -

I haven't watched so I won't agree or disagree. If he is struggling why do you find that surprising? He's a rookie.

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,138 Times in 1,315 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The kid has three NFL games and played less than half the snaps in each of them. It's a wonder why he isn't already wearing the yellow jacket.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,466 Times in 11,466 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    Are you watching the games with any experience behind you at all ?? Oliver was getting double teamed, they couldn’t stop him & sometimes triple teamed. You know what that means ?? Somebody else is open to get the QB.
    So who got to the QB against Detroit?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

7. Post thanked by:

BillsFanCupp38 (08-25-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 1,970 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Ed Oliver - he "has a long way to go".

Thanks
    Thanked 4,109 Times in 2,930 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Again, Oliver has multiple people tied up blocking him. Does everything have to be a debate versus just acknowledging I’m right ? Can everyone get over their brilliant obvious self on my statement ?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    Again, Oliver has multiple people tied up blocking him. Does everything have to be a debate versus just acknowledging I’m right ? Can everyone get over their brilliant obvious self on my statement ?
    Maybe you should have stopped with 'he was getting double teamed' instead of trying to double-down by adding a false hood "which means other guys were open to get to the QB".

11. Post thanked by:

BillsFanCupp38 (08-25-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Literally everyone. Even though we didn't sack Stafford doesn't mean they aren't getting pressure. Every pass by Stafford the ball was out in 2-3 seconds and our DL was caving on him
    Please excuse my dumb and pointless topics and posts, i more than likely will not be sober for any of them

Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!! Luisito23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 818 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Angry Re: For all of you that are honest Bills fans and observe the pre-season games - - -

Lions should've drafted Oliver and us Hockerson...

We're gonna regret that for years, watch.
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

14. Post thanked by:

BillsFanCupp38 (08-25-2019),sahlensguy (08-25-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post
    Literally everyone. Even though we didn't sack Stafford doesn't mean they aren't getting pressure. Every pass by Stafford the ball was out in 2-3 seconds and our DL was caving on him
    Not seeing it.

https://www.timekills.org/2019/08/24...n-3/#more-1383

I just re-watched the first quarter, and Stafford gets moved off his spot twice...and one of those looks like it might actually be by design.

16. Post thanked by:

Swiper (08-25-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And watching it yet again focusing on Oliver, I'm not seeing him getting doubled much at all, if any. The Lion guards were doing a pretty good job with him man-on.

That is a little disappointing.

However, when the Bills have the ball, their oline actually looks better than first impression. They were getting good push and opening up some holes, there are a few plays where the entire Detroit dline is getting shoved 2-3 yards downfield as a unit.

18. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (08-26-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And watching it yet again focusing on Oliver, I'm not seeing him getting doubled much at all, if any. The Lion guards were doing a pretty good job with him man-on.

That is a little disappointing.

However, when the Bills have the ball, their oline actually looks better than first impression. They were getting good push and opening up some holes, there are a few plays where the entire Detroit dline is getting shoved 2-3 yards downfield as a unit.
    THANK YOU for being honest about Oliver. He actually got pancaked early in the game!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,604 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I only saw the 3rd game and I was focusing more on Edmunds than Oliver, but I did try to pay attention to him too. I did notice that he got double teamed several plays, and there were a few plays where he got some push. There were other plays where he was a non-factor. I didn't notice him get pancaked but if people say it happened, I'll take them at their word.

Here's the thing, though: he's only 21 years old and he's never played in the NFL before. Rookies are, more often than not, less physically developed than returning players because a) they're younger and haven't reached their physical peak yet and b) they were still in school while the rest of the league had a full off-season to do nothing but condition themselves. Given that he plays the most physical position on the field, it's not all that shocking to see a 21 year old getting pancaked by NFL offensive linemen.

If you want honest opinion, here's mine: He's not going to come out and dominate out of the gate, but I see no reason to be concerned about him developing into a successful player. We love it when rookies dominate out of the gate, and to be perfectly honest, it's very helpful because with the CBA and free agency, teams don't have the luxury to wait on guys to develop the way they used to. But it's also not always a realistic expectation, especially for the more physical positions.

21. Post thanked by:

Oaf (08-26-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 952 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don’t need Ed killing himself for a preseason game. Wait till it’s real, 2 weeks, then we’ll talk. Oliver will be a star in this league eventually.
    Fitz to Murphy… I always wanted to know what Shrek would look like in human form