Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Never Forget

Thanks
    Thanked 16,609 Times in 8,169 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Never Forget

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    are you surprised that the left hates america ?
    Oh please. The left doesn't hate America- they just don't live under the delusion that America is perfect. The right has bought into this "American exceptionalism" bull**** so much that they lose their minds every time someone suggests that there's room for improvement. It's possible to care about and appreciate something while also understanding that it's not ideal, and work to make it better.

One of the things that this country does poorly is our constant OBSESSION with 9/11. We've allowed one of the worst moments in our country's history to completely define us. Yes, the victims and the first responders should be honored and acknowledged, but we take it too far. We stir up old emotion and it's damaging to the national psyche.

2. Post thanked by:

ckg927 (09-12-2019),Haile SpikedLemonade (09-12-2019),JATMtheJATM (09-12-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,259 Times in 4,207 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Oh please. The left doesn't hate America- they just don't live under the delusion that America is perfect. The right has bought into this "American exceptionalism" bull**** so much that they lose their minds every time someone suggests that there's room for improvement. It's possible to care about and appreciate something while also understanding that it's not ideal, and work to make it better.

One of the things that this country does poorly is our constant OBSESSION with 9/11. We've allowed one of the worst moments in our country's history to completely define us. Yes, the victims and the first responders should be honored and acknowledged, but we take it too far. We stir up old emotion and it's damaging to the national psyche.
    this thread's a douche and Im not surprised with the lefty responses. Ya'll can worship the squad.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,717 Times in 1,021 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Guess we should stop posting “remembrance” stuff for 6/6/42 as well? **** it, might as well go for 7/4/76 while we’re at it.

5. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (09-11-2019),TacklingDummy (09-11-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,156 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Never forget that Building 7 did not fall because of fire.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ire-conspiracy

Never forget that Marvin Bush (the president's younger brother you never heard of) was head of security for the World Trade Center

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...V5Za5-GH2ZGb0X

Never forget that the most heavily monitored and surveilled building in the world, the U.S. Pentagon - never produced a single video of a plane hitting one of the biggest buildings on the planet.

Never forget the incredibly overlooked fact that only 2,977 people died on 911. On any given Tuesday morning at 9AM, the Twin Towers normally had many thousands more people in them.

Never forget that a war in Iraq (that had nothing to do with 911) was launched because of 911 based on lies called "weapons of mass destruction," again.

Never forget that President Trump was the only political candidate who questioned what happened on 911.

Never forget how the establishment republican and democrat swamp in the District of Criminals used 911 as a means to build a "New World Order"

Never forget that the alleged "Mastermind" behind 911 is still awaiting trial, 18 YEARS later.

https://www.theamericanconservative....waiting-trial/

The trial date for 9/11 mastermind Khalid Shaikh Mohammed and his cohorts for their role in the September 11, 2001 attacks, which were responsible for the deaths of 2,976 people, has been finally set.
    For January 11, 2021.
    Never forget.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,609 Times in 8,169 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    Guess we should stop posting “remembrance” stuff for 6/6/42 as well? **** it, might as well go for 7/4/76 while we’re at it.
    I’m not objecting to remembrance. But what we do for 9/11 isn’t the same as what we do for D-Day or Independence Day. It’s not remembrance- it’s obsession. It’s more about dredging up old emotions than acknowledging sacrifice and bravery.

8. Post thanked by:

Blondie (09-12-2019),ckg927 (09-12-2019),JATMtheJATM (09-11-2019),Lucidvizion (09-12-2019)

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,039 Times in 7,347 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Of course bimp uses a 9-11 to fluff his supreme leader

Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,156 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Never forget that the official story about 911 is BS.

The official narrative is as true as a Hollywood script.

Evil people were at fault, and they came from all over the world.

The "elite" orchestrated 911.

Then they got caught.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I’m not objecting to remembrance. But what we do for 9/11 isn’t the same as what we do for D-Day or Independence Day. It’s not remembrance- it’s obsession. It’s more about dredging up old emotions than acknowledging sacrifice and bravery.
    I don’t see it that way and I’m not sure how you do. I know for a fact that it’s a tough day for firefighters everywhere.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,630 Times in 2,233 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What about Pearl Harbor Day... never forget and live in infamy are similar.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,530 Times in 5,543 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You forgot to mention every American who lost their life that day...but Iím not surprised.
    So if I post a Never Forget meme on my Facebook feed, does that help me remember them?

14. Post thanked by:

Historian (09-12-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    So if I post a Never Forget meme on my Facebook feed, does that help me remember them?
    I doubt it will fit your narrative.

Dumber than the average blonde :-) Blondie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,443 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don’t see it that way and I’m not sure how you do. I know for a fact that it’s a tough day for firefighters everywhere.
    No one is NOT saying its not tough on first responders, or otjer people.

The thread is about the average person, who lives no where near NYC, or who are not first responders, or military, or had a family member die on that day..

It is ****ing pathetic to read the average person post their picture they took of the twin towers from their television in their living room and rattle on about how they will never forget seeing what unfolded as they feed their baby ... That's what you see on Facebook .. That's not remembering 9/11 victims .. That's self absorbed people pretending to care ...
    My Mistake ~~ Sparty

17. Post thanked by:

coastal (09-12-2019),Lucidvizion (09-12-2019)

Dumber than the average blonde :-) Blondie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,443 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You forgot to mention every American who lost their life that day...but I’m not surprised.
    America doesn't value life.

Shall we start a marketing campaign to NEVER forget those who lost their lives to a mass shooter??

What makes 9/11 victims more special than the victims of a mass shooting??

19. Post thanked by:

Historian (09-12-2019),Lucidvizion (09-12-2019)

Co-Captain, Team Pink! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,714 Times in 8,865 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    I want EVERYONE to read this article from Jim Wright(better known to us as Stonekettle).

Like me, he's TIRED of everyone reliving that day over and over again.

(WARNING: Yes, he swears. A LOT. And he has ideas you may not be ready for. If either of that bothers you, then don't click on it. Problem solved.)

My favorite line:

I'm not going to the 9-11 sales at Wal-Mart.

My guess is that coastal started this thread for the exact same reasons Stonekettle writes about.

Unfortunately, nuance isn't in the right wingers vocab.

http://stonekettle.com/2019/09/scabs.html

21. Post thanked by:

ckg927 (09-12-2019)

The Victimizer CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,659 Times in 11,982 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

9/11 was a public relations exercise.

Cui bono?
    boisterous hubris, arrogance, self deception, conspiracy, mud slinging mixed with a heavy dose of self righteousness.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Here's the ultimate right-wing hypocracy:

Google a list of the names of those who died in the towers.

Many of them are the same ethnicity as those the right has in cages on the southern border.

:smh:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Powerful stuff...

Entire countries were laid waste in revenge for 9-11.
    We did that.
    I know, I was there, I was one of those who went to war for a lie and helped to kill hundreds of thousands in revenge for something they never did.

It’s been almost 20 years now, and in those decades since 911 we Americans have become a callous people who can look upon those devastated lands and say, well, you know they had it coming, all of those bastards had it coming including their goddamned children. **** them.
    We became a nation that tortures people and disappears people and detains people, including our own citizens, indefinitely without trial or recourse in abject repudiation of the very spirit of our nation’s own founding – and we are unashamed of that and unrepentant.

In the decades since 911, we have become a nation where, as an American, you must put aside your freedom a dozen times a day. You must show your papers. You must submit to naked body scanners and you must allow unsmiling uniformed men with the force of secret laws behind them to grope the most intimate areas of your children and yourselves. Such has become the price of freedom in America.

We have become a nation where you – as an American – can be detained for a glance or a gesture or a careless word or for checking out the wrong book from the library or for worshipping the wrong God. We have become a nation where the only acceptable response to uniformed authority is immediate and total submission. Talk back, question, stand pat on the rights of previous generations and you’ll be branded an enemy.

We have become a nation that claims to revere liberty and justice, but believes those things can only be had when secret agencies monitor our every email and our every communication without warrant or probable cause.

We have become a nation where parents buy bulletproof backpacks for their children as part of their school supplies.

We have become a nation that turns away the desperate and the needy, a nation that puts children in cages and lets women sit in their own menstrual blood because we don’t even have the minimum empathy to provide sanitary napkins or even flu shots to sick children.

We have become a nation that would build our own prison walls and surround ourselves in barbed wire and machine guns and call it freedom.

Nearly two decades on and we have a become a nation so filled with hate, so filled with rage, so fearful and so terrorized, that we are now deporting the very veterans who fought for America in the terrible days after 9-11.

That’s who we are.

And I have no desire to celebrate that at all.

25. Post thanked by:

ckg927 (09-12-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The remains of1000 victims have never been found.

Not a single identifiable cell.

Poof.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,850 Times in 3,555 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    Yeah? Well, F 9/11. Yeah. I said it. And I MEANT it.

How can we move on as a people when we get to see the towers collapse in slow motion over and over? When we see all those people who thought jumping from the WTC towers was a better alternative than going down with the ship(so to speak)? Etc. etc. ad nauseaum.

A quote from the article I linked at #27 proves my point: "In the decades since 9/11 we've become a nation of cutters who hack at our own flesh with mean abandon​."
    If Americans really care about unnecessary deaths....they would do something and care about the obscene availability of guns....wear their seat belts...stop smoking....stop drinking and driving....stop supporting jerks and authoritarians like Trump....

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    If Americans really care about unnecessary deaths....they would do something and care about the obscene availability of guns....wear their seat belts...stop smoking....stop drinking and driving....stop supporting jerks and authoritarians like Trump....
    Uh, there a difference between death by personal stupidity and mass murder in the cause of power and profit.

29. Post thanked by:

Lucidvizion (09-12-2019)