Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: 19-20 game day thread

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,351 Times in 942 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 19-20 game day thread

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    I really dont get why they dont get reinhart at 2C. Dudes a top 50 forward in the league and can probably drive his own line.

Kind of curious myself. Does he blow on the draw? Does he not know the D side of it? Trying to find O wherever you can by sticking all the better players together?

Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,743 Times in 3,631 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    Kind of curious myself. Does he blow on the draw? Does he not know the D side of it? Trying to find O wherever you can by sticking all the better players together?
    How many NHL coaches has he had 4?

They all stuck him on the wing, there has to be a reason, I think you're right, It's the D side he struggles with.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,929 Times in 8,738 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Hes fine defensively. Not as good as they hoped when he was drafted, but now, hes fine. He played some D in juniors, i guess

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That's what I was wondering on if he was actually playing well or a product of his line mates. Bread man surely helps.

Just speculating on the number, I don't think anyone offers 7.5M but Hayes got a handful (7.14M) and hasn't ever broke 50 points other than last year with 54. So you never know.
    Mika makes less than 5.5 for another 2 years.

Rangers will offer Strome about the same, I think they talk extension with him and Kreider before the TDL.

If it don't get resolved then, Kreider is definitely gone Strome is a RFA so they can wait till the draft.

I personally don't think Strome over values himself he's happy to have the opportunity the NYR gave him to save his NHL career.

And to be Artemis center is pretty nice too, Strome owes him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Hes fine defensively. Not as good as they hoped when he was drafted, but now, hes fine. He played some D in juniors, i guess
    Yeah he looked like a 2 way player coming out. Is it speed to go all 200 feet? Either way the team clearly likes him on the wing.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    Mika makes less than 5.5 for another 2 years.

Rangers will offer Strome about the same, I think they talk extension with him and Kreider before the TDL.

If it don't get resolved then, Kreider is definitely gone Strome is a RFA so they can wait till the draft.

I personally don't think Strome over values himself he's happy to have the opportunity the NYR gave him to save his NHL career.

And to be Artemis center is pretty nice too, Strome owes him.
    lol yeah you could argue that Strome owes him at least half his salary. He might not over value himself but if he gets to July 1 and someone is desperate to get a guy or even desperate to get to the salary floor, they might offer more than you want and most guys take the extra dough.

Awesome if you can keep him as he seems to have good chemistry with Panarin.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,934 Times in 9,993 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

IIRC they tried Reinhardt as the 2C a few years ago and it didn't go well. He did much better at wing.

Also, if Reinhardt is 2C, who moves up to the #1 line? Skinner when he's healthy? That sticks Reinhard with some combination of Johansson, Sheary, Frolik and Vesey. Or it sticks one of those guys on the top line with Eichel and Olaffson if Skinner stays on the 2 line. Yikes either way.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah he looked like a 2 way player coming out. Is it speed to go all 200 feet? Either way the team clearly likes him on the wing.
    For sure. But if the Sabres fall from playoff contention, which they are, run him at 2C and see if it's a fix

Thanks
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I really dont get why they dont get reinhart at 2C. Dudes a top 50 forward in the league and can probably drive his own line.
    Maybe Sam has made it known he doesn't want the role, I don't know but you're right if we could have him on 1 line with healthy Skinner and Eichel on a line with a healthy Olofsson we have the start of two good scoring lines. Toss in Vesey or Sheary and one would think we're set but for some reason guys can't click with anyone besides Eichel which is maddening.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Samson has had a hand full of NHL head coaches and they all moved him to the wing, He's not a NHL center, If he was that's where he would be.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,986 Times in 5,097 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Post All Star game, I have 3 Tuesday games in a row, starting with Ottawa.
    " When we were young, we were poor. But that didn't stop us from being miserable."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    Maybe Sam has made it known he doesn't want the role, I don't know but you're right if we could have him on 1 line with healthy Skinner and Eichel on a line with a healthy Olofsson we have the start of two good scoring lines. Toss in Vesey or Sheary and one would think we're set but for some reason guys can't click with anyone besides Eichel which is maddening.
    Ya know, maybe they ought to try mittelstadt with eichel. Eichel seems to be a player talented to enough to elevate those around him. A true superstar. Why not throw him on the left side of eichel and see if that jump starts him

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,986 Times in 5,097 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why not make moves during the break. The GM gave our coach this team.

Better get busy or his job may be on the line. He's not an improvement on Murray at all.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Ya know, maybe they ought to try mittelstadt with eichel. Eichel seems to be a player talented to enough to elevate those around him. A true superstar. Why not throw him on the left side of eichel and see if that jump starts him
    I'm guessing because they're both thought to be centers to have one out of position is foolish and/or long term Casey is going to have to make it on (or not) on his own at Center.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,934 Times in 9,993 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I was at the Amerks game in Hershey on Sunday. Middlestadt really didn't distinguish himself at all. He was good on the PK (despite missing what should have been an easy goal for a shorty) but he didn't stand out in 5 on 5 at all, against what should mostly be lesser competition out there. I'm losing faith that he'll ever be a top 6 guy at the NHL level.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    I'm guessing because they're both thought to be centers to have one out of position is foolish and/or long term Casey is going to have to make it on (or not) on his own at Center.
    I would bet virtually every forward in the NHL was a C at some point. It's where they put the best players in minor hockey. It is way easier to go from the middle to the wing than the other way around.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I was at the Amerks game in Hershey on Sunday. Middlestadt really didn't distinguish himself at all. He was good on the PK (despite missing what should have been an easy goal for a shorty) but he didn't stand out in 5 on 5 at all, against what should mostly be lesser competition out there. I'm losing faith that he'll ever be a top 6 guy at the NHL level.
    Yeah, I remember you saying that. I've been keeping an eye on him. Goal and an assist on the OT winner last night. Hopefully hes showing something

Thanks
    Thanked 10,410 Times in 7,019 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Were you not around for the extended period of time they tried him at center and he flat out sucked?
    Welcome to Buffalo Henri Jokiharju

19. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (01-24-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Were you not around for the extended period of time they tried him at center and he flat out sucked?
    You mean like, 4 seasons ago?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,410 Times in 7,019 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

2+ seasons wasted, as I recall.

You can't force a square peg into a round hole.