Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bye-week upgrades we should be looking for FA or trade ??

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bye-week upgrades we should be looking for FA or trade ??

Regarding the posts saying the Bills need to address OL.

Who do you think they can or would get at this stage of the season that would be an upgrade over who they have now?

Aside from trading for LT Trent Williams, who would cost a high draft pick and a hefty contract. Plus Washington has said they won't trade him.

Looking at what the Bills have at OL currently:
    LT - Dawkins, may be about average but the Bills have been committed to him at LT since his rookie year and the Titans game was probably his best of the year. I don't see them making a change here this year.

LG - Spain, he has been a fixture at LG since OTA's so the coaches have liked him where he is at from the start. Has played well so far and i don't see them making a change.

C - Morse, they made him the highest paid Center in the league and he's played very well. He's smart, quicker than I expected and can pull really well. He is going anywhere.

RG - Feliciano, I think Feliciano is their best OG, versatile enough to fill in for Morse on Sunday when he hurt his ankle and did a great job. Imo, he was a great FA signing, I hope he sticks with the Bills.
    Ford has also played some RG this year and has been better there than at RT.
    I don't see them making a change at RG either.

RT - Nsekhe is the best RT the Bills have and has played pretty well.
    Ford has struggled at RT when he's played, but he's a 2nd round pick (traded up for him) so he's not going anywhere. I suspect the Bills long term plan for him is at RT. They may move him to OG f he doesn't pan out at RT, but he will be a starter on the O line somewhere.
    I don't see them making a change at Rt unless it's due to injury.

Backups
    S Long - OG/C is versatile and played well when pressed into action in the Titans game.
    Bates - OT/OG is very versatile (supposed to be able to play all 5 positions) and played well when pressed into action in the Titans game.

In the Titans game the Bills wound up playing 3 backups due to injury; Feliciano in for Morse, Long replacing Feliciano at RG and Bates at RT when Ford got hurt. They were still able to run the ball in the 4th quarter, when the Titans knew the Bills would run and were still able to kill the clock.
    So the backups are pretty good to, likely better than last years starters.
    Last edited by DANMAN; 10-09-2019 at 12:29 AM.

2. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-09-2019),Skooby (10-09-2019),YardRat (10-10-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Speed at RB... I donít think Yeldon finishes out the season here. But we lack homerun speed... see what Perry brings.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,491 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by alohabillsfan View Post
    Speed at RB... I don’t think Yeldon finishes out the season here. But we lack homerun speed... see what Perry brings.
    McKenzie has some big play homerun speed. Andre Roberts is a burner too. I'd like to see more jet sweeps, reverses, etc. with these guys to help our run game.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,913 Times in 4,498 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Settle the OL and get healthy.

No trade is going to make or break us now.
    "When I'm with you girl I get an extension.. and I don't mean Alexander Graham Bell's invention."

6. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-19-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,933 Times in 2,424 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Vlad and mills are out there....

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,953 Times in 2,007 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think they will be able to upgrade the O-line, but they need more bodies. F me they were down to bringing guys out of the stands to play RT on Sunday.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Seems like there's a bit of friction in CIN. Forget AJ Green, what about sending a 3rd to CIN to bring back Cordy Glenn?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,491 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Seems like there's a bit of friction in CIN. Forget AJ Green, what about sending a 3rd to CIN to bring back Cordy Glenn?
    I saw that yesterday about Glenn. Looks like they're suspending him for a game.

He's been out all year with a concussion and has missed a lot of games the three previous seasons before this one. I'd probably pass. I think the Bills can do better with that money, and Beane shipped him out for a reason.

Zone's most cruel & vile 2016 Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,028 Times in 6,624 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They've done a lot to make you wonder about their draft evaluations and FA choices. No harm no foul if the offense can gain some traction. But I'll say again, this is where they need to establish a draft talent pipeline for sustained success if they're serious. Don't trade picks, use them on rookies if your scouting is any good, if it isn't, that's a problem with the process and needs to be addressed.

They finally have a real QB coach and a real OL coach. That was another problem. Now though, those guys can help find talent in receivers that fit, and OL coming out of college for intent systems.

These guys look like they can hold the fort ahead of developing our own young, cheap talent. I sure hope they don't spend a draft on frosting a cake that's not done being baked yet, if they do, the process won't work, imho because they'll Whaley into permanent dependence on FA, which will get increasingly pricey as they sort through older keepers and chaff.
    Last edited by Mace; 10-19-2019 at 01:25 AM.
    Pummeled by Pink, past puerile pap positing Peterman progress, predictable peril pushes past previous precedent, prominently pronounced publicly ! Fickle fate flouts frivolous foresight fanning flames of floom, er, doom !