Re: Button's Mock Draft - NHL 2024

Yakemchuk or Eiserman?

Thanks
    Thanked 16,614 Times in 12,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DetoxTent View Post
    Yakemchuk or Eiserman?
    Eiserman is a net filler. Dude can score. But I find it very troubling he is falling down the board as much as he did. He was originally going to go top 3 if I recall correctly. I wouldn't hate it. But I also don't want Alex Nylander 2.0
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,537 Times in 4,905 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Hockey News' Draft edition should be out shortly,so I'll reserve my opinion until then.

Save to say that we SORELY need a player who plays like he always has a chip on his shoulder. We've got skill players. Now we need a skilled player who plays the game with an edge...one who can rattle the opposition.
    John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
    David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

5. Post thanked by:

DetoxTent (05-15-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I want to see a top 4 RHD (potential, not someone that can step in right away. that kind of pick isnt going to be available at 11 if it exists at all)

Or someone who can play offense while playing edge.

I'm a firm believer in taking the BPA. That's how Benson somehow fell to them. If the BPA is a LHD, so be it.

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,035 Times in 1,393 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Eiserman is a net filler. Dude can score. But I find it very troubling he is falling down the board as much as he did. He was originally going to go top 3 if I recall correctly. I wouldn't hate it. But I also don't want Alex Nylander 2.0
    I wonder if people are seeing the Caufield comparisons due to him passing Cole on the goal list. Or maybe starting to realize that a national all-star team playing college hockey doesn't always provide the best competition which can inflate stats.

That is something the Jets haven't learned though as we love those guys.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    I wonder if people are seeing the Caufield comparisons due to him passing Cole on the goal list. Or maybe starting to realize that a national all-star team playing college hockey doesn't always provide the best competition which can inflate stats.

That is something the Jets haven't learned though as we love those guys.
    The national development team creates some scary talent. And I don't think eiserman is a bad prospect. But I think teams are trying to get away from one dimensional players with high picks.

So I think better rounded players will go above him, even if he does have 40 goal potential.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I want to see a top 4 RHD (potential, not someone that can step in right away. that kind of pick isnt going to be available at 11 if it exists at all)
    THAT is Yakemchuk. Read the article. Big rightie.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

THAT is Yakemchuk. Read the article. Big rightie.

I'd be fine with that, if he's the BPA

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Seeing some mock drafts that are just clueless about the Sabres, regarding what they already have on their roster and needs. One has the Sabres taking ANOTHER lefthanded defenseman in the first (). LOL. They don't need that. Eiserman, Yakemchuk, Tij Ignila, and Konsta Helenius are the most common names being seen attached to the Sabres if they stay at #11. Very different players by position, size and skill.

Here is another mock draft: https://www.eliteprospects.com/page/nhl-mock-draft-2024

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Seeing some mock drafts that are just clueless about the Sabres, regarding what they already have on their roster and needs. One has the Sabres taking ANOTHER lefthanded defenseman in the first (). LOL. They don't need that. Eiserman, Yakemchuk, Tij Ignila, and Konsta Helenius are the most common names being seen attached to the Sabres if they stay at #11. Very different players by position, size and skill.

Here is another mock draft: https://www.eliteprospects.com/page/nhl-mock-draft-2024
    It is very likely that the Sabres move a LHD this summer. Samuelson has been getting interest and Johnson would fetch a good return as well.

Let's also not forget that anyone they draft at 11 won't be NHL ready for at least 2 years, and a lot can happen by then.

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,537 Times in 4,905 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well, I finally got the Draft Preview issue.

Insofar as Eiserman goes: IF Buffalo drafts him(he's listed at #13 by THN)he won't be with the Sabres right away; he's committed to Boston U, so he has time to refine his game. As for Yakemchuk, the main beef with him is that he doesn't use his size effectively. Here's one that might be of interest for the Sabres: Windsor RW Liam Greentree. Big, deceptively quick, has size & reach and uses those well, plus he doesn't waste time with the puck. AND he has leadership in him(he got the C with the Spitfires days after he turned 18).

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It is very likely that the Sabres move a LHD this summer. Samuelson has been getting interest and Johnson would fetch a good return as well.
    Let's also not forget that anyone they draft at 11 won't be NHL ready for at least 2 years, and a lot can happen by then.
    WTF are you even talking about??? Benson was drafted at #13 and played all season in the NHL.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    Well, I finally got the Draft Preview issue.
    Insofar as Eiserman goes: IF Buffalo drafts him(he's listed at #13 by THN)he won't be with the Sabres right away; he's committed to Boston U, so he has time to refine his game. As for Yakemchuk, the main beef with him is that he doesn't use his size effectively. Here's one that might be of interest for the Sabres: Windsor RW Liam Greentree. Big, deceptively quick, has size & reach and uses those well, plus he doesn't waste time with the puck. AND he has leadership in him(he got the C with the Spitfires days after he turned 18).
    IDK. I see one mock draft that has Eiserman going to the Canadians with the 5th pick. Makes some sense as he sounds a little like Martin St. Louis #2.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

WTF are you even talking about??? Benson was drafted at #13 and played all season in the NHL.
    Benson was an exception to the rule. It's not common outside the top 5 and even then it's a crapshoot