Thread: SABRES WILL LOOK TO UPGRADE ROSTER IN SUMMER

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

SABRES WILL LOOK TO UPGRADE ROSTER IN SUMMER

SABRES WILL LOOK TO UPGRADE ROSTER IN SUMMER

Quote Originally Posted by the 4th Period
    APRIL 17, 2024 | 1:15PM ET
    THEFOURTHPERIOD.COM

As Buffalo Sabres GM Kevyn Adams begins his search for a new head coach, he is also tasked with upgrading his roster for the 2024-25 campaign.

Speaking to the media on Tuesday, Adams acknowledged that the team needs to “be better” and their overall performance simply was not good enough to compete in the NHL.

With just over $23 million in salary cap space for next season, Adams is expected to make some significant additions to his team this summer, with upgrading his forward corps at the top of his to-do list.

“We just didn’t play well enough. Period. We did not play well enough,” Adams said Tuesday. “From Day 1 of training camp, I don’t think we had our standards high enough. Our expectations inside the room need to be raised and there needs to be accountability across the board, and that starts with me.”

Forwards Victor Olofsson, Zegmus Girgensons, Tyson Jost and Eric Robinson are all eligible to become unrestricted free agents July 1. The Sabres may not bring any of them back.

The Sabres are believed to be interested in adding a top-six scoring winger and a third-line centre to their roster this off-season, either via trades or free agency. It is unclear whom Adams may specifically target, at this point, but after laying some groundwork ahead of the trade deadline, he could pick up where he left off in the coming weeks.

The NHL Draft Lottery, which will take place on May 6 or May 7, could help provide a clearer picture for Buffalo and the team could use their first-round selection in a move to bolster their offence.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: SABRES WILL LOOK TO UPGRADE ROSTER IN SUMMER

Didn't play well enough, Kevyn??? Maybe the GM didn't build the team well enough?

Thanks
    Thanked 16,519 Times in 12,055 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I sure as **** would hope so. Adams coasted off a sneaky good season and did nothing to really address any shortcomings on the team.

There's a bunch of players he ought to be in on in free agency and the trade market.

Frankly, I'd give Washington a call and ask if they're ready to rebuild and ask for Dylan Strome to center the third line.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

4. Post thanked by:

DetoxTent (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,323 Times in 13,741 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I mean, isn’t that sort of obvious?
    “We didn’t make the playoffs for the 13th year in a row but I’m gonna stick with the same roster and hope for a different result.”

6. Post thanked by:

DetoxTent (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    I sure as **** would hope so. Adams coasted off a sneaky good season and did nothing to really address any shortcomings on the team.

There's a bunch of players he ought to be in on in free agency and the trade market.
    Frankly, I'd give Washington a call and ask if they're ready to rebuild and ask for Dylan Strome to center the third line.

How about if they went out and got a veteran 2nd line center and pushed Cozens to 3rd line center? And then get a bigger, more physical center for 4th line center than Krebs?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Frankly I'd rather have Matt Duchene, who's about to be a free agent.

But their stats are almost the same for 2024:

Strome 27 goals/40 assists in 82 games with 5 GWGs.
    Duchene 25/40 in 80 with 7 GWGs.

Amazingly the same!

https://www.espn.com/nhl/player/stat...1/matt-duchene
    Dylan Strome 2024 stats

Thanks
    Thanked 16,519 Times in 12,055 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DetoxTent View Post
    How about if they went out and got a veteran 2nd line center and pushed Cozens to 3rd line center? And then get a bigger, more physical center for 4th line center than Krebs?
    Even in a bad season, cozens still produced. I have no problem with them going out and getting a second line center, but I don't think it's a need.