Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Krebs

Thanks
    Thanked 5,814 Times in 3,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Krebs

Is it just me or is he completely useless? Wasn’t he the top player we got in the Eichel trade?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,355 Times in 7,250 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Krebs

Tuch was the top player. Krebs was hoped to be much more than he's been.

3. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (02-07-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,210 Times in 13,678 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Tuch is no Eichel but he’s a legit top 6 forward on any team in the league.

Krebs… meh. Overall, we’re getting more from Tuch and less from Krebs than what was expected at the time of the trade.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,428 Times in 11,988 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Krebs was a highly thought of prospect who was supposed to develop into a core player.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Thanks
    Thanked 7,521 Times in 6,083 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Any relation to Maynard G. Krebs

download.jpg

28 **60 **128 **133 **144 **160
    163 **189 **200 **204 **248

7. Post thanked by:

Historian (02-19-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Krebs was a highly thought of prospect who was supposed to develop into a core player.
    He’s useless. Not really impressed with Owen Power either. Lots of turnovers.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    Power should be fine. But it was also a pretty weak draft class. I don't expect him to be a Dahlin.

In retrospect, the Eichel trade did ok for buffalo (Ostlund is tearing up the SHL) but really... They should have got more.

10. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (02-07-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Krebs came to the Sabres as a prospect with lots of offensive upside: hands, speed, shot. But for some unkown reason, Granato has tried to turn him into a grinder and a fighter, neither of which he really is. Granato gets praised heaped on him because he tried Thompson at center. Well he should be criticized for what he's done to Krebs.

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,672 Times in 3,403 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DetoxTent View Post
    Krebs came to the Sabres as a prospect with lots of offensive upside: hands, speed, shot. But for some unkown reason, Granato has tried to turn him into a grinder and a fighter, neither of which he really is. Granato gets praised heaped on him because he tried Thompson at center. Well he should be criticized for what he's done to Krebs.
    And Thompson looks like a one hit wonder at this point.

13. Post thanked by:

DetoxTent (02-09-2024),Historian (02-19-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
    I don’t think Thompson is 100%.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
    I doubt he will ever hit what he hit last year.

But I think he will get back to being a dangerous player. The whole team with very few exceptions is having a down year. I'm not ready to say he's doomed

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Is it just me or is he completely useless? Wasn’t he the top player we got in the Eichel trade?
    LMAO .......
    Sabres Krebs getting a more offensive role

Don Granato feels the youngster is ready for more.

Minneapolis, MN (WGR 550) – Before the Buffalo Sabres left for Minnesota on Friday, they practiced with some new lines. Peyton Krebs found himself centering JJ Peterka and Zach Benson. Krebs is 23-years-old while Peterka is 22 and Benson is 18.

Ever since Krebs was acquired from the Vegas Golden Knights in the Jack Eichel trade, he’s been learning the game in a defensive role. It’s usually with Zemgus Girgensons and Kyle Okposo. Don Granato said he’s earning more responsibility,

“When I think about Peyton, I think about our team and we know Peyton has a lot of talent and we have a lot of respect for that.

“Peyton has worked on his game adding detail that underlies I mean when he came in he’s a scorer and a very talented guy, but he had to learn the game of the NHL, how to defend, situational awareness and reads, and I’ve had talks with him to stay focused on this foundation because when it’s all in place and it’s in your subconscious and automated, all that skill you had is going to comeback and the game is going to be much, much easier for you.

“You see the other stuff coming back for Peyton and everybody has seen that for the last month or so in bits and pieces and you say, ‘Wow, that’s some offensive brilliance there and it’s a little spot here and a little spot there and then it becomes more and more consistent because he has to worry less about defending because it’s more natural now.”

In his last three seasons of junior hockey with the Kootenay and Winnipeg Ice, he had 68 points in 64 games, 60 points in 38 games and 43 points in 24 games. With the Rochester Americans, he had 15 points in 18 games and then had 11 points in 10 games in the Calder Cup Playoffs. He said just because he’s playing with two players with skill, doesn’t mean he’ll change,

“It doesn’t matter who I’m going to be playing with to be honest, I’m going to play the same way. I think I’ve worked really hard this whole year and I’m just trying to get better each and every day and I’m going to do my thing and get them the puck.”

Krebs is very proud of the fact that he’s earned everything that he’s gotten. Peterka possesses great speed and has an excellent shot which has gotten him 19 goals in just 53 games. In that Calder Cup run where Krebs had 11 assists in 10 games, he centered Peterka who had seven goals and 12 points in his 10 games. Krebs said that chemistry will carry over,

“In Rochester playoffs we played together and had some good chemistry there and his speed up and down the ice is unreal and it’s going to be fun to feed him the puck.”

Granato said he didn’t think of Krebs and Peterka playing together in Rochester. He said,

“Those three are more of a peer group and they have a new, fresh, excited perspective, I mean you could see them flying out there today, but yes, these guys have been through things together and you know they can communicate things out.”

Granato was asked about Krebs playing a fourth line role ever since he got here. In 173 games with the Sabres, Krebs has 19 goals and 39 assists for 58 points. Granato said Krebs knows total defense isn't him,

“Behind the scenes I’ve been telling him that he’s not a fourth line guy and as a head coach, I think that’s important. I had Tage Thompson in the National Program and I told him every day that he’s not a fourth line guy and he was on the fourth line and Peyton was playing in that role, but even nights where he got skipped over in a third period, I would either text him or talk to him and reassured him that maybe this may be the situation you’re in today, but I know your future is different and it’s not going to be confined to this and he’s been outstanding.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I doubt he will ever hit what he hit last year.
    But I think he will get back to being a dangerous player. The whole team with very few exceptions is having a down year. I'm not ready to say he's doomed
    LOL. Ok junior. They're just going to magically break out of this funk? Not. This is an organizational issue. Not until the coach and GM are replaced (again).

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I’d love nothing more than to eat some crow…

19. Post thanked by:

DetoxTent (02-19-2024)

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,067 Times in 15,280 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

LOL. Ok junior. They're just going to magically break out of this funk? Not. This is an organizational issue. Not until the coach and GM are replaced (again).
    Agreed.

A young team needs a kick-ass coach.

Not one that looks like a reject from an AIDS clinic.

Not one who cut his teeth coaching girls soccer.

Etc.

Etc.

I'm starting to think the worst thing we ever did was let Ruff go....

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Maintenance day cast is now talking about Krebs recent play as a center with better wingers and how his offense is starting to show a little. They mentioned he had aajor Achilles injury his draft year and his development was slowed by the pandemic. So they believe it's coming.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I’ve seen nothing from him since his more prominent role. And is it me or does little Benson get rocked by everyone on the other team? Lol

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I’ve seen nothing from him since his more prominent role. And is it me or does little Benson get rocked by everyone on the other team? Lol
    Benson is 18 and he's a little dude. He will figure it out.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Benson is 18 and he's a little dude. He will figure it out.
    You sure do have a lot of faith in a team that’s looking at 13 straight **** seasons.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You sure do have a lot of faith in a team that’s looking at 13 straight **** seasons.
    You have to ride the highs and lows. I can't get caught up in the game to game ups and downs. Growth isnt static. Regression happens. That's what this season is. A series of regressions. Guys getting injured and struggling to heal and get comfortable.

It's disappointing. I'm frustrated. At times Im fed up. But I have to look at things through a wide lens.

Benson is 18 years old. 5 foot 10, and listed under 160 pounds. He's going to get pushed around until he fills out and figures out the NHL game. If he's 23 and having the same issues, yeah. I'll be worried.