Power to Give Rep

Re: Colin Kaepernick Watch

I did hear on the radio that the bills were one of the teams

Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 706 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Buffalo Bills were not one of eight teams represented at quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s workout on Saturday in Atlanta, Ga.
    ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that Buffalo was one of the eight, but a report by The Associated Press’ John Wawrow contradicted the initial report.

Link

Schefter is the only one that I've seen saying "eight teams", all the other reports I've seen has said seven.

This article, dated the 14th, says that the Bills weren't planning on attending (they just didn't "officially" decline)
    For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cntrygal View Post

We typically encourage the posting of links (aka sources). If you find a source saying that the Bills were there - then this can be moved back to the Bills forum. Until then, it can stay here with all the other NFL news.
    So if it is heard on a sports network but then gets retracted it's not a viable source?
    How do you verify it when they retract and remove it.
    I'm sorry that I heard it at ten O'Clock and then posted what I heard.
    By 10:30 they removed it.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,462 Times in 6,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jpdex12 View Post
    Yeah that’s it, the multi-billion dollar nfl is afraid of Kaeperwho? Jesus Christ, one of the dumbest comments I’ve heard this year. If you want anyone to pay attention to your comments you might not want to say anything like this going forward. Why anyone would defend that self righteous ‘look at me’ wannabe martyr is beyond me.
    I suggest you douchebags actually read the article I cited. Then you'll see how stupid you all sound.
    Welcome to Buffalo Carter Hutton

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Im confused why the rhetoric is so ugly here, if a major sports outlet makes a report that ends up being wrong whats the big deal? As far as Kaepernick is concerned what he will bring to any team is a circus and is his skill worth it to put up with that? Maybe, maybe not. I tend to think not. He seems all about himself and is an attention seeker not a team player kind of guy. The truth be told I doubt he will ever play because he wont accept anything but a top tier contract and no team will offer him one at this point....too much drama not enough reward. He's a legend in his own mind only at this point

6. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (11-18-2019),Mace (11-17-2019)

Zone's most cruel & vile 2016 Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,128 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    I suggest you douchebags actually read the article I cited. Then you'll see how stupid you all sound.
    I don't really see it. If he wants to sue again, I don't see what he's suing over besides job requirements for position. Happens to a lot of people in less lucrative careers. The company doesn't want you....well why ? Leadership and team first counts in the job req's. A lot of ex pros are in shape and can throw a scripted workout. They aren't 32 and coming off 1-10 their last 11 games.

If he just wants a job, like ok, what do we all ever do at a job interview ? Target the employer as we can, with what the employer wants for the job.

He went from 25 teams at a workout under a pro coach to 8 being the same me first guy. Like really, what's the difference from the original workout ? Oh he'll show them who has the power.

It doesn't work that way. We all know this if we have bosses. We all have bosses with expectations, like them or not.

I just don't see a poor Colin. I see a guy doing what he wants and expecting the world to change around him because he wants it so.

My mom taught me the world doesn't work that way and I needed no lawyers to recognize it.
    Shot down in flames by Mr. Pink....the comedy, the tragedy, the drama, pathos, schadenfreude, one dollar off on a happy meal with the correct coupon code. Dastardly destiny dooms daring....um....myselfs, me, Mace....I to despicable destruction, darn !

8. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (11-18-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,759 Times in 3,743 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    I want a team to offer him a minimum contract, just to say "see, we offered you a deal." Then when he rejects it he can no longer open his stupid mouth about being blackballed and reveal that a major part of the reason he's no longer in the NFL is because he refuses to accept backup money.
    This is what should happen and the team should be very open about it. Make him put up or shut up.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,415 Times in 9,805 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There are details in the story that don't make sense from both sides, which is expected given how much they dislike and distrust each other. The truth is that Kap is likely good enough to be a starter on some NFL teams right now and worth the off the field comments and positions he will take. I don't begrudge him for finding something he believes in and speaking his mind, I wish more places would use their platform to speak out.

His issue is that he forgets that his job is based on a market economy controlled by many of the people he's chosen to speak out against. His comments are not protected speech and he is not protected from repercussions from his speech.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!