Thread: Thoughts from the DEN/MIN Game

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thoughts from the DEN/MIN Game

Wasn’t sure how the comeback took place, so I watched the game to see what we might be in for on Sun:

-stop Sutton! He was their big play guy, including launching a beautiful deep pass, so heads on a swivel
    -stop FANT as well...a favourite target.
    -they also have a fast return man...so ST...smarten up!-The Den D was good at bottling up Cook, but they also knew that Cousins would not be a scrambling threat. They also struggled when MIN went up tempo...you see where I am going there.
    -Their Allen can throw a good ball when given time, but like our Allen of last year, can also hit the hospitality tent when pressured. Trust our secondary and come with pressure. Beware of the screen and our D should be able to contain the passing game.
    -Von Miller is still a threat. Plan accordingly.
    -If you are not going to use Foster for deep routes, get Duke on the field for quick slant and possession type throws. Also, involve Knox like they did against MIA. DEN seemed to defend the 2TE, 2WR set better.

There was nothing I saw that told me the Bills would not be able to compete and win. MIN O was non existent 1st half, but it wasn’t like the DEN O marched up and down on the MIN D. They were able to take advantage of chunk plays and MIN mistakes. If we play the same type of ball we did this past SUN, that should be good enough.

Their Allen also was not dealing with ANY WEATHER in MIN. I think any adverse conditions will only help the home team.
    Last edited by BleedzBillz; 11-19-2019 at 06:26 PM.

2. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (11-19-2019),The last buffalo fan (11-19-2019)

I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?" The last buffalo fan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Thoughts from the DEN/MIN Game

About the weather comment, Denver is not Miami neither.
    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Thanks
    Thanked 2,621 Times in 1,488 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The last buffalo fan View Post
    True, but the only game Allen has played in Denver it was nice.

I recorded the game, but haven't watched it yet. I was going to tonight. But I listened to a lot of the local sports radio here in Denver and the main take away was that the Broncos got completely outcoached in the second half, and had no answer for the Vikings switching to no huddle. I read somewhere that Josh Allen said he likes going no huddle so that might be a good strategy.

I was listening to another radio show on my way home and the hosts brought up the question, why didn't the Broncos draft Josh Allen? They had a lot of praise for him and were basically lamenting the fact that Elway passed on him. They know Josh Allen is still a work in progress, but thought it was a mistake not to take him. I'm interested to hear more discussion about the Bills this week from an opponents view.

5. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (11-19-2019)

Proudly victimizing the victimizer's victimizer and cracking soreheads Tailgunner Joe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

How is Denver's running attack? I think we can contain anyone's passing attack, but we are very suspect against the run. IF Denver does not run the ball too well then we should be able to beat em.

7. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Play attack style defense.
    I love when we throw everything at em.
    Create turnovers!!
    Let's go 1-0 this week.

In the words of the famous boxer, Jack Jenkins, “don’t take this ass whipping personally”
    GO BUFFALO!!

9. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 21,228 Times in 11,873 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Lindsey and Freeman are both decent runners and both can catch coming out of the backfield. They don't have anybody that will bull over the defense, but if they get some space they can be really effective.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

11. Post thanked by:

Tailgunner Joe (11-19-2019),The last buffalo fan (11-19-2019)

I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?" The last buffalo fan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Play attack style defense.
    I love when we throw everything at em.
    Create turnovers!!
    Let's go 1-0 this week.
    Against a team with a good oline and that is pretty good to great at screen passes, you should think twice about it, I think.

13. Post thanked by:

kishoph (11-20-2019),Woodman (11-19-2019),YardRat (11-19-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Tailgunner Joe View Post
    How is Denver's running attack? I think we can contain anyone's passing attack, but we are very suspect against the run. IF Denver does not run the ball too well then we should be able to beat em.
    I like Phillip Lindsay a lot. He's a legit talent at RB, and I think Royce Freeman is good too and pairs well with him. Their OL is pretty suspect though. Probably better at run blocking than pass blocking, but still a weakness overall. Dalton Risner looks good, but the rest of their OL needs to be replaced. Their prized FA Ju'Wuan James has been out pretty much all year and there's been a lot of frustration with him. A lot of questions about his passion and commitment. If I were them I'd plan on trying to run it a lot, but there's been a lot of criticism regarding the play calling too.
    Last edited by Ed; 11-19-2019 at 08:11 PM.

15. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Against a team with a good oline and that is pretty good to great at screen passes, you should think twice about it, I think.
    Pick the spots .... better?

Still really love pressure though lol.

17. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Pick the spots .... better?

Still really love pressure though lol.
    Sure, we have been sending anybody blitzing, so yeah, keep them guessing!!

19. Post thanked by:

Woodman (11-19-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,150 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I only saw the 2nd quarter but even down by 20-0 at the half I didn't think the Vikings were out of it. Allen threw some nice balls but yeah pressure him and he can make mistakes. Play 4 quarters again and we win pretty easily.

21. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I was just thinking of a young QB in a hostile, cold environment....in general. More about his experience than his being on the Broncos. I’m also not sure their Allen would have the arm to deal with any strong winds....hard to tell from the MIN game.

23. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (11-20-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I like Phillip Lindsay a lot. He's a legit talent at RB, and I think Royce Freeman is good too and pairs well with him. Their OL is pretty suspect though. Probably better at run blocking than pass blocking, but still a weakness overall. Dalton Risner looks good, but the rest of their OL needs to be replaced. Their prized FA Ju'Wuan James has been out pretty much all year and there's been a lot of frustration with him. A lot of questions about his passion and commitment. If I were them I'd plan on trying to run it a lot, but there's been a lot of criticism regarding the play calling too.
    I'll admit I havent watched him very much, but Lindsay seems to be more of that 'elusive' back, and not the downhill runner we've had a lot of issues with. I think we match up really well against their offense.

25. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Von Miller organized a team dinner at a high end steakhouse following their collapse on Sunday.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...epic-collapse/

So they are probably coming in focused against us. We're going to have to meet that focus to win.

27. Post thanked by:

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,157 Times in 2,101 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    Von Miller organized a team dinner at a high end steakhouse following their collapse on Sunday.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...epic-collapse/

So they are probably coming in focused against us. We're going to have to meet that focus to win.
    I will say I'm much more confident about this game than I was about the Cleveland game.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    I will say I'm much more confident about this game than I was about the Cleveland game.
    Hard to say with this team. The effort they put in from one week to the next in Cleveland and Miami was night and day. For no good reason. If we play like we did last week well win alot of games.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,157 Times in 2,101 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    Hard to say with this team. The effort they put in from one week to the next in Cleveland and Miami was night and day. For no good reason. If we play like we did last week well win alot of games.
    I agree. They need that intensity on Defense every week. Matt and Trey were unstoppable. If those two can play close to that well every week, look out. Oliver had a massive game as well. I think he's going to start his ascent up the D-line charts soon.

31. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    I'll admit I havent watched him very much, but Lindsay seems to be more of that 'elusive' back, and not the downhill runner we've had a lot of issues with. I think we match up really well against their offense.
    I think that's fair about Lindsay. I definitely wouldn't call him a downhill runner, but he's fast and runs hard. He's not very big, but he doesn't shy away from contact and seems very effective overall. Freeman seems to be more of the downhill runner for them.

Their FB Janovich had a nasty elbow injury and got put on IR. I think that's going to hurt their run game. He was a good blocker for them.