Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 101

Thread: Day 5....Republicans get schooled by Dr. Hill

  1. #1
    Proud Sorehead!!! Historian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Upstairs
    Posts
    46,246
    Thanks
    20,409
    Thanked 17,426 Times in 9,261 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    160

    Day 5....Republicans get schooled by Dr. Hill


  2. Post thanked by:

    denverboz (11-21-2019),Downinfloflo (11-21-2019),Margarita (11-21-2019),notacon (11-21-2019)

  3. #2
    Proud Sorehead!!! Historian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Upstairs
    Posts
    46,246
    Thanks
    20,409
    Thanked 17,426 Times in 9,261 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    160

    Re: Day 5....Republicans get schooled by Dr. Hill

    (Sorry Shiva!)


  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    14,241
    Thanks
    9,018
    Thanked 6,260 Times in 3,847 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    38

    Re: Day 5....Republicans get schooled by Dr. Hill

    All the Trump Republicans have is lies and bull****.

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    14,241
    Thanks
    9,018
    Thanked 6,260 Times in 3,847 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    38

    Re: Day 5....Republicans get schooled by Dr. Hill

    Schiff is doing a masterful job of building the case against Trump that is undeniable. He's cool and deliberate. Smart as can be and used to dealing with the idiot Nunes.

    That's why you see Trump and the GOP smearing him with lies and bullcrap. That's all they got!!

  6. #5
    RABBI Haile SpikedLemonade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    26,732
    Thanks
    31,540
    Thanked 11,297 Times in 7,680 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    65

    Re: Day 5....Republicans get schooled by Dr. Hill

    Switch onto FOX News.

    They don't see it that way and never will.

    All this process is doing is preaching to the converted and there are two radically different religions here.

  7. Post thanked by:

    Blondie (11-21-2019),Margarita (11-21-2019),Woodman (11-21-2019)

  8. #6
    Registered User Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,740
    Thanks
    1,021
    Thanked 857 Times in 629 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    11

    Re: Day 5....Republicans get schooled by Dr. Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by Haile SpikedLemonade View Post
    Switch onto FOX News.

    They don't see it that way and never will.

    All this process is doing is preaching to the converted and there are two radically different religions here.
    Seems your onto them .... your evaluation of this is spot on.

    There will be no converts on either side this day.

    In the words of the famous boxer, Jack Jenkins, ďdonít take this ass whipping personallyĒ
    GO BUFFALO!!

  9. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    14,241
    Thanks
    9,018
    Thanked 6,260 Times in 3,847 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    38

    Re: Day 5....Republicans get schooled by Dr. Hill

    The GOP defense of Trump is in slow-motion collapse. Itís about to get worse.


    We know this to be true: Approximately one week passed between President Trumpís decision in mid-July to freeze hundreds of millions of dollars in military aid to Ukraine, and a phone call on July 26 in which Trump demanded to know from Ambassador Gordon Sondland whether Ukraine would investigate Joe Biden.

    Not enough is being made of that chronological confluence. It means we now know that Trump froze the money at around the time he personally directed Sondland to carry out his corrupt pressure on Ukraine to investigate a potential 2020 rival.


    This will gain wider attention when David Holmes, a State Department employee who overheard Trumpís July 26 call with Sondland, testifiesThursday to the impeachment inquiry.

    The implications this will also be further fleshed out by more testimony on Thursday from Fiona Hill, a former White House adviser on Russia.


    Republicans continue to insist there was no connection between the withheld aid and Trumpís corrupt demand that Ukraine carry out his political dirty deeds. Never mind that Sondland actually did convey that message to Ukraine, and that Sondland has now confirmed that overwhelming evidence persuaded him that this is what Trump intended.

    The GOP defense is now this: Trump is exonerated, because it hasnít yet been nailed down beyond any doubt that Trump directly commandedSondland to tell Ukraine that the money was withheld for that corrupt purpose.

    Like many other GOP defenses, this one is in slow-motion collapse. And itís about to get worse.


    David Holmesís testimony


    Start with Holmes. He will reiterate his private testimony, which told us Trump said this to Sondland on July 26: ďSo, heís going to do the investigations?Ē To which Sondland replied: ďHeís going to do it.Ē

    Hearing this publicly after Sondlandís testimony on Wednesday will be damning. Hereís why: Sondland unequivocally confirmed that Trump was using the White House meeting as leverage to get the investigations he wanted, and that numerous top officials were in on that corrupt scheme.

    Now that it has been established that Trump dangled a meeting to force an investigation of Biden, how likely is it that Trump suddenly didnít intend to use the frozen military aid for that same purpose, at precisely the moment he was both obsessing over that goal and was maximizing his leverage over Ukraine to its highest point yet?

    Itís an utterly ludicrous notion.

    We know Trump was obsessing over that goal because he personally pressed Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to carry it out on July 25. And the next day he shouted at Sondland over it ó which Holmesís testimony will now dramatize.


    Remember that a week earlier, Trump directed acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney to freeze the aid, and the rationale for this was concealed from top officials.

    Sondland also told us overwhelming evidence persuaded him that Trumpís motive was a corrupt one ó that the aid wouldnít be released until Ukraine did his political bidding. And Ukraine knew the aid had been frozen at the time, a fact that was disclosed on Wednesday by Defense Department official Laura Cooper.

    Meanwhile, Sondland also explicitly told us that Mulvaney could testify to that motive in freezing the aid.

    In that context, the fact that Trump has blocked Mulvaney from testifying is just profoundly damning. And it will get more so.

    Fiona Hillís testimony


    When Hill testifies publicly, she is expected to reiterate her private account of former national security adviser John Boltonís anger at hearing about this whole corrupt scheme.


    On July 10, at the White House, Sondland pressed Ukrainian officials to carry out the investigations Trump wanted. According to Hillís private testimony, this prompted Bolton to erupt: ďI am not part of whatever drug deal Sondland and Mulvaney are cooking up.Ē

    If and when Hill reiterates this, it will underscore the degree to which this whole scheme was already in full swing ó in July ó and that Trumpís own national security adviser already saw it as corrupt to its core. Only two weeks later, Trump froze the aid.

    Hillís testimony will also serve as a reminder that Bolton himself privately pressed Trump to release the aid, which Trump refused to do. Bolton had numerous conversations directly with Trump over this topic. Do you think that maybe, just maybe, Trumpís motive was overwhelmingly clear to Bolton?


    In that context, the blockade on Boltonís testimony is also profoundly damning.

    The GOP defense: 2+2=5


    At this point, Trump and Republicans have been reduced to arguing that, because Trump said to Sondland in September that there was ďno quid pro quo,Ē that makes it true. But at the same time, Trump both said that Zelensky must do his bidding and that Zelensky must do it of his own accord. Thatís how crime bosses communicate corrupt directives while maintaining plausible deniability for it.

    Beyond that, however, this whole defense will become much more ludicrous in light of what weíre about to hear.

    Letís be clear: The GOP defense is that Trump is entirely innocent because it hasnít yet been confirmed that he explicitly ordered the ringleader of his scheme to expressly tell Ukrainian officials that Trump, in effect, wassoliciting a bribe from them, even though Sondland did convey this message, at what he fully understood to be Trumpís direction.


    We now know Trump ordered the aid frozen at precisely the time he was deeply preoccupied with getting Ukraine to investigate Biden; that he had already used one official act as leverage to secure this; that many around him saw the developing scheme as corrupt, with some (Bolton) directly communicating with him over the frozen aid but getting blocked from testifying about it; and that the ringleader of his scheme (Sondland) understood his intentions perfectly.

    As Sondland agreed, he understood this as plainly as he knows that 2+2=4.

    The Republican defense is that you should ignore all these widely known facts. Itís that 2+2=5.


  10. Post thanked by:

    Margarita (11-21-2019)

  11. #8
    RABBI Haile SpikedLemonade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    26,732
    Thanks
    31,540
    Thanked 11,297 Times in 7,680 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    65

    Re: Day 5....Republicans get schooled by Dr. Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Seems your onto them .... your evaluation of this is spot on.

    There will be no converts on either side this day.
    That is not to say that Trump did not clearly commit a crime.

    He did.

    It is just that his supporters don't care that he did.

    They want him to remain in power regardless.

    I get it.

  12. Post thanked by:

    Margarita (11-21-2019),Woodman (11-21-2019)

  13. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    14,241
    Thanks
    9,018
    Thanked 6,260 Times in 3,847 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    38

    Re: Day 5....Republicans get schooled by Dr. Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by Haile SpikedLemonade View Post
    Switch onto FOX News.

    They don't see it that way and never will.

    All this process is doing is preaching to the converted and there are two radically different religions here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Seems your onto them .... your evaluation of this is spot on.

    There will be no converts on either side this day.
    And there lies the trouble with Trump's chances. The cultist base is only about 30%...maybe 35% of the voting public. The majority of Americans already don't believe a word he says and are eager to vote against him. The 2018 & 2019 election proved that fact.

    Trump is in deep trouble. Every single state has moved negatively against him by a MINIMUM of ELEVEN POINTS.

    Impeachment is going to make those numbers get even WORSE. He's toast.

  14. Post thanked by:

    Historian (11-21-2019),Margarita (11-21-2019)

  15. #10
    RABBI Haile SpikedLemonade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    26,732
    Thanks
    31,540
    Thanked 11,297 Times in 7,680 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    65

    Re: Day 5....Republicans get schooled by Dr. Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    And there lies the trouble with Trump's chances. The cultist base is only about 30%...maybe 35% of the voting public. The majority of Americans already don't believe a word he says and are eager to vote against him. The 2018 & 2019 election proved that fact.

    Trump is in deep trouble. Every single state has moved negatively against him by a MINIMUM of ELEVEN POINTS.

    Impeachment is going to make those numbers get even WORSE. He's toast.
    What if it doesn't?

    What if voters believe Trump committed a crime and still vote for him?

  16. #11
    Registered User Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,740
    Thanks
    1,021
    Thanked 857 Times in 629 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    11

    Re: Day 5....Republicans get schooled by Dr. Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    And there lies the trouble with Trump's chances. The cultist base is only about 30%...maybe 35% of the voting public. The majority of Americans already don't believe a word he says and are eager to vote against him. The 2018 & 2019 election proved that fact.

    Trump is in deep trouble. Every single state has moved negatively against him by a MINIMUM of ELEVEN POINTS.

    Impeachment is going to make those numbers get even WORSE. He's toast.
    reality and you should get better acquainted ..... converse with Spike more he'll get you there.

  17. #12
    Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6,441
    Thanks
    777
    Thanked 3,652 Times in 2,328 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    21

    Re: Day 5....Republicans get schooled by Dr. Hill

    This could be no fun for Nunes if true, It could also help explain his utter lack of confidence and constipation.

    This is coming from Lev Parnas's lawyer.

    Lev Parnas Helped Rep. Devin Nunesí Investigations

    The indicted Giuliani associate helped arrange meetings and calls in Europe for the Republican congressman in 2018.


    Lev Parnas, an indicted associate of Rudy Giuliani helped arrange meetings and calls in Europe for Rep. Devin Nunes in 2018, Parnasí lawyer Ed MacMahon told The Daily Beast.
    ]Nunes aide Derek Harvey participated in the meetings, the lawyer said, which were arranged to help Nunesí investigative work. MacMahon didnít specify what those investigations entailed.

    Nunes is the top Republican on the House committee handling the impeachment hearingsóhearings where Parnasí name has repeatedly come up.

    Congressional records show Nunes traveled to Europe from Nov. 30 to Dec. 3, 2018. Three of his aidesóHarvey, Scott Glabe, and George Pappasótraveled with him, per the records U.S. government funds paid for the groupís four-day trip, which cost just over $63,000. The travel came as Nunes, in his role on the House Intelligence Committee, was working to investigate the origins of Special Counsel Robert Muellerís probe into Russian election-meddling.
    Parnasí assistance to Nunesí team has not been previously reported. A spokesperson for Nunes did not respond to requests for comment

    https://www.thedailybeast.com/lev-pa...investigations

  18. Post thanked by:

    Margarita (11-21-2019),notacon (11-21-2019)

  19. #13
    Registered User sukie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    9,920
    Thanks
    2,232
    Thanked 4,004 Times in 2,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    28

    Re: Day 5....Republicans get schooled by Dr. Hill

    When is Mark Sandy gonna testify or his testimony released?

  20. #14
    Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6,441
    Thanks
    777
    Thanked 3,652 Times in 2,328 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    21

    Re: Day 5....Republicans get schooled by Dr. Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    When is Mark Sandy gonna testify or his testimony released?
    Maybe he ignored his subpeona like the folks in the White House?

    The really important question is, When will the whistleblower show up..And end this hoax.

  21. Post thanked by:

    Blondie (11-21-2019),Haile SpikedLemonade (11-21-2019),notacon (11-21-2019)

  22. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    14,241
    Thanks
    9,018
    Thanked 6,260 Times in 3,847 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    38

    Re: Day 5....Republicans get schooled by Dr. Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    reality and you should get better acquainted ..... converse with Spike more he'll get you there.
    The numbers ARE "reality". Spiked is entitled to his own opinion. I disagree with his analysis. He's a Canadian so I don't know how much he has even had contact with real Americans...all over the country. I have.

    But, I don't base my opinion on my personal feelings or interactions with Americans....I look at the facts, and trust the numbers.

    Before you come back with "the numbers showed that Hillary would win"...Actually, the numbers were pretty accurate in 2016. She won by about 3,000,000 votes (a little over two points which is pretty close to what the polls said before the election) and Trump only "won" because of 77,000 total votes in three states that cast a total of 13,622,423. That's a margin of .005%.

    The "reality" is that Trump's 2016 election was a one in million fluke.

    And THAT was when what Trump would DO as president was actually not known. All he did was lie and lie and lie. Now, he has a record to defend. The lies will catch up to him.

    You want to delude yourself into thinking that a .005% margin means he'll win in 2020???? And that the FACTS of his massive decline on popularity in EVERY SINGLE STATE is NOT in "reality"?!?!?!

    Well...then you are more gullible than I thought.
    Last edited by notacon; 11-21-2019 at 12:52 PM.

  23. Post thanked by:

    Historian (11-21-2019),Margarita (11-21-2019)

  24. #16
    The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    ottawa valley
    Posts
    23,876
    Thanks
    6,015
    Thanked 2,613 Times in 2,058 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    70

    Re: Day 5....Republicans get schooled by Dr. Hill

    Tons of video showing dems getting school over this Russian thingy, especially harris and AOC LOL

  25. Post thanked by:

    Margarita (11-21-2019),TacklingDummy (11-21-2019)

  26. #17
    Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6,441
    Thanks
    777
    Thanked 3,652 Times in 2,328 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    21

    Re: Day 5....Republicans get schooled by Dr. Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    I'm looking forward to the republicans questioning her..

    She's ready to throw down.

  27. Post thanked by:

    Margarita (11-21-2019)

  28. #18
    realultimatepower.net JoeMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Seattle, NJ
    Posts
    12,342
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 11,351 Times in 5,602 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    50

    Re: Day 5....Republicans get schooled by Dr. Hill

    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

  29. Post thanked by:

    Blondie (11-21-2019),Lucidvizion (11-21-2019),notacon (11-21-2019)

  30. #19
    Registered User Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,740
    Thanks
    1,021
    Thanked 857 Times in 629 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    11

    Re: Day 5....Republicans get schooled by Dr. Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The numbers ARE "reality". Spiked is entitled to his own opinion. I disagree with his analysis. He's a Canadian so I don't know how much he has even had contact with real Americans...all over the country. I have.

    But, I don't base my opinion on my personal feelings or interactions with Americans....I look at the facts, and trust the numbers.

    Before you come back with "the numbers showed that Hillary would win"...Actually, the numbers were pretty accurate in 2016. She won by about 3,000,000 votes (a little over two points which is pretty close to what the polls said before the election) and Trump only "won" because of 77,000 total votes in three states that cast a total of 13,622,423. That's a margin of .005%.

    The "reality" is that Trump's 2016 election was a one in million fluke.

    And THAT was when what Trump would DO as president was actually not known. All he did was lie and lie and lie. Now, he has a record to defend. The lies will catch up to him.

    You want to delude yourself into thinking that a .005% margin means he'll win in 2020???? And that the FACTS of his massive decline on popularity in EVERY SINGLE STATE is NOT in "reality"?!?!?!

    Well...then you are more gullible than I thought.
    To the Canadian

    Now back to you briefly the POPULAR VOTE MEANS NOTHING so there you go.

    Turn it into a popularity contest and that would change everything especially how the candidates campaign ..... totally different strategy.

  31. #20
    Registered User Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,740
    Thanks
    1,021
    Thanked 857 Times in 629 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    11

    Re: Day 5....Republicans get schooled by Dr. Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
    Are you in my basement?

  32. Post thanked by:

    ticatfan (11-21-2019)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •