Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Day 5....Republicans get schooled by Dr. Hill

Thanks
    Thanked 21,226 Times in 11,872 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Day 5....Republicans get schooled by Dr. Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    How many subpoenas have been ignored so far in this impeachment inquiry by Donald Trumps team?

If Trump is innocent, Why is he forbidding people to show up? Why ignore congressional subpoenas?

What does Joe Bidens kid have to do with Donald Trump getting himself an impeachment inquiry?

Even if Joe Biden and his kid were guilty of anything its all irrelevant now.

Donald Trump screwed up by holding Ukraine hostage looking for dirt on the Bidens.

I don't need to ask Draftboy anything, You're lost in all of this, And your thought process is the proof.

This is Donald Trumps impeachment party, Trumps the guest of honor, Not the Bidens.

Trump brought this upon himself , By not doing things properly.

Americans need to stop worrying about Ukraines corruption, And start worrying about American corruption.
    That road goes both ways.

If the whistleblower is legit, and obviously protected by federal legislation, why attempt to remain anonymous?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,695 Times in 2,358 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post

If the whistleblower is legit, and obviously protected by federal legislation, why attempt to remain anonymous?
    No offense.

Anyone who brings up the whistleblower is not worth talking to.

The whistleblowers concerns have been verifiable, The pseudo outrage over their lack of testimony is absurd.

The IG thought it to be credible ,The only reason they want the whistleblower, Is to call them a "Never Trumper'

The whistleblower said "Hey look a fire" and sure enough, Trumps own people agreed in testimony in public.

Now the fire department is on scene of a 5 alarm fire. And you still ignore the fire, And want to punish the person who called it in.

Get a new hunting dog, Yours does nothing but bark.

3. Post thanked by:

Blondie (11-22-2019),denverboz (11-22-2019),Historian (11-23-2019),Lucidvizion (11-22-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No offense.

Anyone who brings up the whistleblower is not worth talking to.

The whistleblowers concerns have been verifiable, The pseudo outrage over their lack of testimony is absurd.

The IG thought it to be credible ,The only reason they want the whistleblower, Is to call them a "Never Trumper'

The whistleblower said "Hey look a fire" and sure enough, Trumps own people agreed in testimony in public.

Now the fire department is on scene of a 5 alarm fire. And you still ignore the fire, And want to punish the person who called it in.

Get a new hunting dog, Yours does nothing but bark.
    I'm not saying the whistle-blower should come forward (but the "fire" analogy is just as stupid today as it was last week).

I'm saying it's inconsistent for somebody to support the whistleblower not showing up, but damning somebody else for doing the same because, you know, if they had nothing to hide they'd be there. Right?

Why don't you apply the same logic to both parties?

Because you're biased with zero capacity for looking at anything objectively, that's why.

If you don't understand a post, you really should just not reply.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm not saying the whistle-blower should come forward (but the "fire" analogy is just as stupid today as it was last week).

I'm saying it's inconsistent for somebody to support the whistleblower not showing up, but damning somebody else for doing the same because, you know, if they had nothing to hide they'd be there. Right?

Because you're biased with zero capacity for looking at anything objectively, that's why.

Whatever.

The whistleblower was not involved in the quid pro quo, The president and his staff were, That's why they don't have the same standard.

And the whistleblowers name has NOT been tied to the administrations "Drug deal."

They brought it to the IG's attention, The IG found it credible, And here we are.

If you don't understand a post, You should just not reply, And go read your bible instead.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Whatever.

The whistleblower was not involved in the quid pro quo, The president and his staff were, That's why they don't have the same standard.

And the whistleblowers name has NOT been tied to the administrations "Drug deal."

They brought it to the IG's attention, The IG found it credible, And here we are.

If you don't understand a post, You should just not reply, And go read your bible instead.
    "Whatever" = "You're right" in intraweb-speak.

Of course it's "different"...it always is. It has to be in order for the biased to attempt to portray objectivity.

Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,479 Times in 3,199 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Whatever.

The whistleblower was not involved in the quid pro quo.
    True, because there wasn't one. Whistleblower = see eye aye stooge set up by Brennan to try to take down Trump.

It will not only be a resounding failure, it will take down the very people who want to see Trump gone.

Patti

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

"Whatever" = "You're right" in intraweb-speak.

Of course it's "different"...it always is. It has to be in order for the biased to attempt to portray objectivity.
    If you don't understand a post, You should not reply, Your dog don't hunt, Its just a noise maker.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Discotrish View Post
    True, because there wasn't one. Whistleblower = see eye aye stooge set up by Brennan to try to take down Trump.

It will not only be a resounding failure, it will take down the very people who want to see Trump gone.

Patti
    Lulz!!

Bowling alley barfly logic, Buuuuuurrrp!!

10. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (11-23-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If you don't understand a post, You should not reply, Your dog don't hunt, Its just a noise maker.
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Of course, it's also a tactic of the ignorant that aren't capable of creating anything original.

12. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (11-23-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,473 Times in 9,837 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

One big difference is that the whistleblower has not been subpoenaed to appear and ignored it. Administration officials have. That may all change in the Senate trial, but it’s a distinction that absolutely makes a difference.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

14. Post thanked by:

denverboz (11-22-2019),Haile SpikedLemonade (11-23-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Spot on.
    Makes it difficult to respond because you will get exactly what you just got every time.

In the words of the famous boxer, Jack Jenkins, “don’t take this ass whipping personally”
    GO BUFFALO!!

Pucker up, Buttercup
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,553 Times in 2,383 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The whistle blower is following the law.

Trump and his minions are obstructing justice, a crime, by refusing to honor the subpoenas they've been served with and going to testify.

See the difference there?
    promote the general welfare..........

17. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (11-23-2019),Historian (11-23-2019),notacon (11-23-2019)

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,799 Times in 2,860 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Uh....you DO know that at least one person who was misidentified as the whistleblower was harassed by righties. And the lawyer for the whistleblower noted that HIS client, whoever it is, has also been threatened.
    "Do I have everybody's attention now?"

-CM Punk, Monday Night RAW, 7/11/2011

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,517 Times in 7,712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/22/polit...den/index.html

If true. It keeps getting worse for Trump

Thanks
    Thanked 6,297 Times in 3,870 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What an absurd premise. Totally bonkers.

The whistleblower's identity is irrelevant. There is ZERO need for him/her to testify to anything. Every single one of his/her accusations have been independently verified.

The ONLY reason the GOP wants to unmask and/or have him/her testify is so they can smear him/her, and retaliate. Which is exactly why the protections for the whistleblower is law.

The Trump dopes defying a legal subpoena are doing so to hide what they know and avoid going under oath and avoiding perjury. Their refusal to appear is an admission of guilt.

With all the evidence we have already...we know they are guilty as hell.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,473 Times in 9,837 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    What an absurd premise. Totally bonkers.

The whistleblower's identity is irrelevant. There is ZERO need for him/her to testify to anything. Every single one of his/her accusations have been independently verified.

The ONLY reason the GOP wants to unmask and/or have him/her testify is so they can smear him/her, and retaliate. Which is exactly why the protections for the whistleblower is law.

The Trump dopes defying a legal subpoena are doing so to hide what they know and avoid going under oath and avoiding perjury. Their refusal to appear is an admission of guilt.

With all the evidence we have already...we know they are guilty as hell.
    I don't disagree with much here, but I'm not sure the identity is irrelevant. I worry about the precedent this sets for future situations where a whistleblower claims aren't as easily verifies, but the complainant doesn't wish to release their identity.

I don't think the whistleblower's identity matters to this impeachment proceeding, but how it is handled here does set a precedent which needs to be kept in mind. This is not just about Trump.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,297 Times in 3,870 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I don't disagree with much here, but I'm not sure the identity is irrelevant. I worry about the precedent this sets for future situations where a whistleblower claims aren't as easily verifies, but the complainant doesn't wish to release their identity.

I don't think the whistleblower's identity matters to this impeachment proceeding, but how it is handled here does set a precedent which needs to be kept in mind. This is not just about Trump.
    The whistleblower statue is designed to verify claims before they are advanced. This is exactly what happened to the Ukraine WB....and the determination by the proper authority, was overridden (corruptly) by Trump’s lackey Justice Dept. They are not taken at face value without further investigation and verification.

I do agree that “how it is handled here does set a precedent”....and a very, very bad and dangerous one. The whole reason for the law is to encourage people to speak up when they see gross working doing and to protect them from retaliation which is just a way to shut everyone up.

If the GOP gets their way...the law is effectively moot.

Trumpism is doing that to lots of laws and precedents...which is why he (and the GOP worshipping of a MAN instead of the law and the constitution) is so dangerous.

I can list them all if you like. THe GOP is playing a dangerous and self-distructive game. Congressional oversight will be effectively destroyed. Rule of law disrespected. Dictator and monarchy type of power will be normalized.

That is what is so amazing about the GOP’s whimpering submission to Trump...of all people. The only principle they are adhering to is to protect TRUMP at ALL costs.

They will be sorry when the precedents they have (tried to) established are used against them.

23. Post thanked by:

denverboz (11-23-2019),Historian (11-23-2019)

Pucker up, Buttercup
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,553 Times in 2,383 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Colbert has been doing some great stuff on the impeachment.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,705 Times in 1,924 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If they impeach and this goes to the Senate, Eric Ciaramella (whether named the whistleblower or not) will be called to testify. Count on it.
    "You're more likely to make a lot of money if you work hard than if you don't."-Spartacus

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    If they impeach and this goes to the Senate, Eric Ciaramella (whether named the whistleblower or not) will be called to testify. Count on it.
    So what, It would change nothing. Rudy would get called as well. Lulz