Thread: Dak Prescott suffers injuries to both hands in 'Thursday Night Football'

Thanks
    Thanked 1,516 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Dak Prescott suffers injuries to both hands in 'Thursday Night Football'

https-::www.cbssports.com:nflcowboys-dak-prescott-suffers-injuries-to-both-hands-in-thursday-night-football-loss-to-the-bears:

On Friday, head coach Jason Garrett informed reporters that Prescott injured the index finger on his right hand, and also sprained his left hand, according to Clarence Hill Jr. of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Garrett says that Prescott was able to get through the game without much of a problem, and he should be good to go against the Los Angeles Rams next Sunday.
    Prescott completed 27 of 49 passes for 334 yards and a touchdown, but most of those yards came in garbage time. The Cowboys scored 17 points in the final quarter, which made the game seem much closer than it actually was.
    Dallas went three-and-out five times on Thursday night, as it was a performance not unlike what occurred a week ago against the Buffalo Billson Thanksgiving. The Cowboys started off strong, recording a 75-yard drive that resulted in a touchdown on their opening possession for the second straight week. Those would be the only points the Cowboys would score until the final quarter. While the offense struggled, the defense had problems of their own. They allowed Mitchell Trubisky to go off for 307 total yards and four touchdowns as the Bears scored 31 points, which tied their season high.

In the words of the famous boxer, Jack Jenkins, “don’t take this ass whipping personally”
    GO BUFFALO!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Dak Prescott suffers injuries to both hands in 'Thursday Night Football'

31 viewing please enjoy and always Go Buffalo!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,287 Times in 2,638 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Spiked injured both hands back in 1979. Right hand first... thumb muscle tear and then the left with a wrist blowout.
    particularly painful in the days with only magazines available.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,750 Times in 6,565 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Spiked injured both hands back in 1979. Right hand first... thumb muscle tear and then the left with a wrist blowout.

Did he hide them under a board in his tree fort too?
    Welcome to Buffalo Henri Jokiharju

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post

Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,654 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

To me, this feels like this guy had this piece written before Dak injured his hands and he had a deadline and needed to submit something. Or maybe he just doesn't pay attention... I don't think it would be smart to have someone with two injured hands trying to increase their "running game".

Time for Cowboys To Use Dak Prescott’s Running Skills?

by Mauricio Rodriguez Mauricio Rodriguez

"I’d love to watch the Cowboys bet on Dak Prescott’s legs to exploit his talent even more. Now, I’m not saying he’ll be as effective as Jackson has been this season, but Dak has had success as a dual-threat guy since he was at Mississippi State.

In his short NFL career, Prescott has thrown on the run accurately. He’s put on a few extremely impressive plays when scrambling. He has a strong body and has never been seriously injured in his career. But we don’t see him run that often, let alone on designed run plays."

More...
    For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Breaking news Dak Prescott has Hairline fracture on Index Finger

https-::profootballtalk.nbcsports.com:2019:12:16:troy-aikman-breaks-news-dak-prescott-has-hairline-fracture-on-index-finger:

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett wouldn’t “get into the medical part of it” Monday when asked about it but seemed to confirm it when asked about playing with a hairline fracture.

“I’ve never had a hairline fracture in my finger to throw,” Garrett said. “I think a lot of quarterbacks have had jammed fingers, and they’ve dealt with different things. It’s hard obviously. Having the ball in your hand and feeling good is a big part of throwing the ball well. But Dak’s a tough guy. Dak’s a physically tough guy. He’s a mentally tough guy. So whatever he’s dealing with, he doesn’t let a lot of people know about it. He goes out and does his job and he was able to do that again yesterday.”

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Breaking news Dak Prescott has Hairline fracture on Index Finger

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Breaking news Dak Prescott has Hairline fracture on Index Finger

I'm sorry I can't say this makes me sad.

How bout them Cowboys!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Add in a sprained shoulder!

UPDATE: In additional Dak Prescott injury news, ESPN reports the Cowboys’ quarterback won’t practice much this week prior to playing in Sunday’s game.

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott will play Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles likely without taking any meaningful snaps in practice during the week because of his sprained right shoulder, according to a source. Prescott was limited at a practice for the first time in his career on Wednesday. He did not take a snap and will likely also be listed as limited over the next two days, with the club looking to be cautious with his health heading into a de facto NFC East championship game against the Eagles.

Link

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That might make a difference well it should ..... that division has turned into a real dumpster fire.

12. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (12-19-2019)