Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leading geneticist says reversing the aging process in humans could be 20 years away

Surfing on the Edge of Infinity
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,634 Times in 913 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Leading geneticist says reversing the aging process in humans could be 20 years away

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/leading...es-2019-12-06/

The next step toward replicating this science in humans is to achieve the same results in a clinical trial using dogs that he is conducting now. The process could be perfected in humans in less than 20 years says Church. "That veterinary product might be a couple years away. And then that takes another 10 years to get through the human clinical trials

Church's lab at Harvard is working on about a hundred cutting-edge projects. They are currently experimenting with growing mini-organs from patients' own cells, to help test the effectiveness of medicine. And they are also aiming to turn these organoids, as they are called, into organs available for transplant. Another project is a start-up to make full-scale pig organs safe for human transplant. Church and his team also want to program human DNA to prevent people from hosting viruses, which could offer the cure for the common cold. Church's lab has also received much attention for its project to create a modern version of the extinct woolly mammoth, a process known as de-extinction.

Good thing we're not going to live long enough to worry about climate change.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,753 Times in 9,998 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Leading geneticist says reversing the aging process in humans could be 20 years a

Sweet, sign me up. The longer I can stay working the happier I’ll be!
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

3. Post thanked by:

coastal (12-08-2019),jamze132 (12-08-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 21,740 Times in 12,122 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Leading geneticist says reversing the aging process in humans could be 20 years a

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidvizion View Post
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/leading...es-2019-12-06/

[COLOR=#202022][FONT=foro-light]

Good thing we're not going to live long enough to worry about climate change.
    Maybe we can all live long enough to see the day when they determine what really causes it.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Dumber than the average blonde :-) Blondie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,858 Times in 5,477 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Can't they just focus on finding the cure for cancer and be done with it....
    My Mistake ~~ Sparty

Thanks
    Thanked 2,184 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    I’m sure cancer could be prevented if big pharma wanted it to be.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    I’m sure cancer could be prevented if big pharma wanted it to be.
    Multiple Myeloma has been the worst I have seen so far.. But obviously because I am in x-ray not CT or MRI

Big Pharma clearly likes to watch people suffer...

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,805 Times in 7,927 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What about AIDs and HIV+?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    What about AIDs and HIV+?
    While there is no cure, there is treatment for people and they can still live a long happy life.

When I did my clinical rotation in the outpatient center, there was at least 2 old people everyday for bone survey x-rays ...

I wouldn't want to go out that way ...

I am terrified of the children's hospital I will have to go through next year ... I have been told I will be taking x-rays of broken bones from a result of child abuse.

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

While there is no cure, there is treatment for people and they can still live a long happy life.

When I did my clinical rotation in the outpatient center, there was at least 2 old people everyday for bone survey x-rays ...

I wouldn't want to go out that way ...

I am terrified of the children's hospital I will have to go through next year ... I have been told I will be taking x-rays of broken bones from a result of child abuse.
    That's going to be a taxing assignment. You'll have to lean on coastal a lot to help get through it. That's not stuff we can witness on our own and hold it in, ya know?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Why can't we work on all of these things concurrently? It's not like a geneticist doing research doesn't mean that there isn't research going into curing multiple kinds of cancer or any other disease.

12. Post thanked by:

Blondie (12-08-2019),YardRat (12-08-2019)

Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,565 Times in 3,261 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They have a cure for cancer. And many other things.

There is a lot to this topic, here's a start on some of the discussion. Additionally, there are a lot of alternative treatment doctors/researchers who have been killed over a number of years, that is probably not coincidental.

Q-Anon: Cures Already Exist

Patti

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Discotrish View Post

There is a lot to this topic, here's a start on some of the discussion. Additionally, there are a lot of alternative treatment doctors/researchers who have been killed over a number of years, that is probably not coincidental.

Patti
    Here is an article from Roswell Park that was posted in September about the challenges in curing Cancer.

https://www.roswellpark.org/cancerta...taking-so-long

There is no reason to use a proven false icon to spread misinformation.

15. Post thanked by:

notacon (12-10-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Patti
    And before I fall into the same trap of just trying to reject something due to the source (in this case being Q) let me provide one example of misinformation being spread here. The link to tweets you posted spread misinformation about a number of things but most notably Laetrile which the tweets claim is am avenue to a cure. However, the tweets don't mention that there the research in the 70's produced no actual evidence that the compound could actually treat cancer effectively and it has very severe potential side effects which is why it's banned by the FDA.

In fact, one clinical trial in 1982, gave 187 cancer patients Laetrile treatments and doctor's found no impact on treating the cancer and some patients actually experienced cyanide poisoning due to the compounds toxicity.

17. Post thanked by:

notacon (12-10-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    And before I fall into the same trap of just trying to reject something due to the source (in this case being Q) let me provide one example of misinformation being spread here. The link to tweets you posted spread misinformation about a number of things but most notably Laetrile which the tweets claim is am avenue to a cure. However, the tweets don't mention that there the research in the 70's produced no actual evidence that the compound could actually treat cancer effectively and it has very severe potential side effects which is why it's banned by the FDA.

In fact, one clinical trial in 1982, gave 187 cancer patients Laetrile treatments and doctor's found no impact on treating the cancer and some patients actually experienced cyanide poisoning due to the compounds toxicity.
    What do you think of the Dog Dewormer treatment for cancer?

Patti

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Patti
    Please stop. This isnt going to be a thing, no matter how much you want it to be a thing

20. Post thanked by:

notacon (12-10-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Please stop. This isnt going to be a thing, no matter how much you want it to be a thing
    I think there's reason for optimism, particularly with so many people suffering.

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think there's reason for optimism, particularly with so many people suffering.

Yes, through real science.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Being able to repair the human genome *is* the cure to cancer.

24. Post thanked by:

Blondie (12-08-2019),JATMtheJATM (12-08-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Sweet, sign me up. The longer I can stay working the happier I’ll be!
    This looks like a facetious comment but you DID say you were a workaholic.

To a lot of people that idea sounds horrifying but long term I don't see universal work as something possible nor necessary. People will work if they want to work, not because they have to.

Even if this technology didn't actually increase lifespan but could offer something like healthy bodies for seniors, this could take an enormous drain off of our healthcare system.

Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,290 Times in 2,731 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidvizion View Post
    This looks like a facetious comment but you DID say you were a workaholic.

To a lot of people that idea sounds horrifying but long term I don't see universal work as something possible nor necessary. People will work if they want to work, not because they have to.

Even if this technology didn't actually increase lifespan but could offer something like healthy bodies for seniors, this could take an enormous drain off of our healthcare system.
    He's a paper pusher he don't actually WORK. Lol

If he had a physical job where you broke your back and he still had the "I love being at work" attitude I would give him props.

Maybe he don't like being home.

I paint and do graphic design from home, I love work too because Its not REAL actual labor, Just like an office worker.