Thread: 2020 NFL Mock Draft 1.0: Why Chase Young is (currently) the clear No. 1 overall pick

Hall of Fame Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 1,313 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

2020 NFL Mock Draft 1.0: Why Chase Young is (currently) the clear No. 1 overall pick

https-::www.foxsports.com:nfl:gallery:nfl-mock-draft-2020-chase-young-joe-burrow-tua-tagovailoa-draft-order-120719

The NFL Draft Combine ó aka the underwear Olympics ó is two and a half months away. The 2020 NFL Draft itself is nearly five months away. Yet itís all starting to come into focus as the college football season winds down and NFL teams begin to settle into spots and their needs become evident.
    While itís very early, the 2020 QB class is not shaping up to be a special one despite all the hype. The best prospect in my book remains Alabamaís Tua Tagovailoa, yet heís had a few injuries and has struggled in big games vs elite teams. As for LSUís Joe Burrow? He wasn't on NFL radars last year; now, running an up-tempo offense, heís putting up historic numbers.
    Oregonís Justin Herbert stayed in school and hasnít really enhanced his stock. What do we make of Georgiaís Jake Fromm, who has struggled without any receivers of note? NFL teams will drool over the arm strength of Jacob Eason, but what about everything else?
    Terms of Conduct & Service

In the words of the famous boxer, Jack Jenkins, ďdonít take this ass whipping personally"

Hall of Fame Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 2020 NFL Mock Draft 1.0: Why Chase Young is (currently) the clear No. 1 overall p

1. Cincinnati BengalsChase Young, DE, Ohio State
    2019 season stats: 16.5 sacks, 38 total tackles, 7 forced fumbles
    The question on everyone's mind: Do the Bengals —or whoever ends up with the first overall pick — draft Ohio-born quarterback Joe Burrow, the Heisman frontrunner who's starred this year at LSU, or an utterly dominant defensive end and worry about a quarterback later? (And by later, I mean Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence next year.)
    With questions about the quarterbacks and none about the Buckeyes' absolute game-changer, give me Chase Young at No. 1.
    2. New York Giants — Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
    The Giants guards have played well this season, while their tackles have not. Daniel Jones is the sixth most sacked QB in the NFL and leads quarterbacks in lost fumbles with 10.
    Thomas only turns 21 next month — and at 6-5, 320 pounds, he’s a perfect fit to protect Jones.

Hall of Fame Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 2020 NFL Mock Draft 1.0: Why Chase Young is (currently) the clear No. 1 overall p

3. Washington RedskinsJerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama
    2019 season stats: 71 receptions, 959 receiving yards, 9 receiving TDs
    The Redskins are 29th in the NFL this season explosive pass rate, a statistic that measures their big play capability, and after a huge win with pick Terry McLaurin in the third round last year, Jeudy is the perfect complement for the rookie quarterback Dwayne Haskins.

4. Miami Dolphins — Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
    2019 season stats: 71.4% completion percentage, 2,840 yards passing, 33 passing TDs
    The Tua vs. Burrow debate is an interesting one. Tagovailoa was a 5-star recruit who everyone wanted, and then delivered in the title game vs. Georgia as a true freshman, followed by two monster seasons. Burrow was a 3-star recruit who could never win the starting job at Ohio State, has put together a dazzling 15-game stretch at LSU, and turns 23 next week. He’s probably not a 1-year wonder, but it’s a question NFL front offices will have to get their arms around.
    This has to be one of the craziest stats of 2019: The Dolphins roster right now is 42% undrafted players! There’s been a massive talent drain in Miami. There will be talk of drafting everything but a quarterback to tank for Trevor Lawrence, but I'm sorry, folks — that’s just not how teams operate.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,522 Times in 4,816 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

But Miami has Rosen. The Josh we were supposed to take. :-)
    "When I'm with you girl I get an extension.. and I don't mean Alexander Graham Bell's invention."

Well, lookie here...
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,095 Times in 12,336 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Joe Burrow is going #1 overall, I'd almost guarantee it.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Peterman rocks and Pink knows it. Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,576 Times in 6,886 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Joe Burrow is going #1 overall, I'd almost guarantee it.
    And it's absolutely meaningless to us this year. Makes me laugh.
    I lost a bet with Pink and all I got was this dumb avatar that I've had awhile anyway.

Hall of Fame Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Let's target Chase with a blockbuster offer to move up.