Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: So tell me again how this team is different....

Thanks
    Thanked 8,048 Times in 4,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: So tell me again how this team is different....

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    it's not "nit picking" to mention glaring similarities that have not been properly addressed. There's been one different outcome and it's largely a result of an external factor "strength of schedule."
    again, this team is beating who it should beat to get to the playoffs which past teams couldnt do which is why there was a drought.

If you watched yesterday's game vs a game from previous Bills teams with the jersey numbers and faces obscured, you wouldn't be able to tell which is which because the results on the field are almost exactly the same.
    nope, we would have been blown out against the best ranked teams in the past. We did like . Even you thought it wouldnt be close but it was.

And we make the playoffs, so what? We still aren't good enough to beat any of the teams we could potentially face. It'll be another early exit, which is exactly what happened two years ago.
    you said the same thing a few times this season and were WRONG! You would've been right with past teams but you're a blind squirrel this year.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,979 Times in 8,926 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    again, this team is beating who it should beat to get to the playoffs which past teams couldnt do which is why there was a drought.

nope, we would have been blown out against the best ranked teams in the past. We did like . Even you thought it wouldnt be close but it was.

you said the same thing a few times this season and were WRONG! You would've been right with past teams but you're a blind squirrel this year.
    What makes you think we are actually good enough to beat a good team? We haven't done it yet.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    I think the possibility this team misses the playoffs is legitimately there.

the possibility of missing is there, but the possibility of making it is higher which is something that does not usually happen with the teams prior to McD.
    These next two games are going to be against defenses that play similar to the Ravens. Getting after the QB and leaving the corners on islands to stop the pass. We saw what happened when the Ravens did it. We saw what happened when the Pats did it earlier in the year. We're gonna see it against next week when the Steelers do it. I have no confidence in the offense to gameplan to combat that nor confidence in Allen being able to beat it since neither have been shown to happen.

So how confident are you, or anyone else who feels like responding, going in a week 17 must win matchup vs the Jets?

I don't know this team will respond after 3 really tough defenses and losses in a must win situation. Especially against a team that we only beat by 1 point earlier in the year.
    I am still not as confident in our offense but the Pitts and jets dont have the ravens offense. My confidence lies in the D carrying the team in beating both the jets and Pitts. Not guaranteeing a blowout but I like our chances.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,622 Times in 3,860 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I want to believe Allen is different, but every time I start to gain confidence in him, he has a game like today.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not about me. It's about all the people saying that this team is different while the team looks exactly the same on the field.
    Exactly the same as what?

This is today, not yesterday.

5. Post thanked by:

YardRat (12-09-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What makes you think we are actually good enough to beat a good team? We haven't done it yet.
    So now the Cowboys that you predicted for certain that we would lose to in Dallas on MNF is a bad team now? You were soooooo wrong about that so the best way to wiggle out of being sooo wrong is to call them a bad team.
    If we beat the jets and Pitts are you gonna call them bad team all of a sudden?

To answer your question, we have a defense that can keep a game close. If the Offense plays better than we can beat good teams.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Exactly the same as what?
    he cant even decide. If it "the team looks exactly the same on the field" like he claims ,then we would have been beaten and looked bad against the cowboys in primetime and against the best team in the league. He was wrong on both accounts.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,290 Times in 4,415 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

the possibility of missing is there, but the possibility of making it is higher which is something that does not usually happen with the teams prior to McD. I am still not as confident in our offense but the Pitts and jets dont have the ravens offense. My confidence lies in the D carrying the team in beating both the jets and Pitts. Not guaranteeing a blowout but I like our chances.
    My worry isn't the defense in either the Steelers or Pats matchup.

I don't have confidence in the Bills being able to put up the 20 points they'll need to beat either of them.

So we'll end up with back to back 17-13 type losses in those two games.

Which then puts us into a pressure cooker against the Jets in a do or die game.

That worries me on how this team will respond to that type of situation.

I would be surprised, and disappointed, if this team doesn't make the playoffs but I also can see that ending up coming to fruition.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,090 Times in 1,455 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't have confidence in the Bills being able to put up the 20 points they'll need to beat either of them.

I would be surprised, and disappointed, if this team doesn't make the playoffs but I also can see that ending up coming to fruition.
    I can't see how a 4th string QB is going to do much damage to this defense when we've held guys like Lamar, Dak and Brady in check. This team knows they lost a great chance yesterday and can't see them doing it again.

10. Post thanked by:

Historian (12-09-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I cant argue that. We're still a work in progress offensively especially when it comes to Allen. If they can keep Allen in the pcket and dare him to throw deep and he doesnt rise to the occasion, we could be in trouble.
    I just like our D against Hodges and Mono.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,805 Times in 12,165 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This is a post made by someone who looks at box scores after the fact and doesn’t actually watch the games. If you did, you’d know that in most of our wins, we had the opportunity to turn it into a blowout early but didn’t.

And yes, good teams blow out bottom feeders. NE has done it for most of their run. The team we played today has done it all season.
    I don't think anybody that has a mindset of 'this team is no different than the others' has any box to stand on criticizing others for "not actually watching the games".
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

13. Post thanked by:

yordad (12-16-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So now the Cowboys that you predicted for certain that we would lose to in Dallas on MNF is a bad team now? You were soooooo wrong about that so the best way to wiggle out of being sooo wrong is to call them a bad team.
    If we beat the jets and Pitts are you gonna call them bad team all of a sudden?

To answer your question, we have a defense that can keep a game close. If the Offense plays better than we can beat good teams.
    Whether or not I was wrong about the Cowboys is not the question or the issue here. Dallas is a bad team and I didn't realize it at the time. They're below .500 in the worst division in the NFL. That win is not nearly impressive as it seemed when it happened.

And again, what makes you think the O can play well against the good teams? They were awful against the Patriots and the Ravens.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    I don't think anybody that has a mindset of 'this team is no different than the others' has any box to stand on criticizing others for "not actually watching the games".
    I saw a D that played well enough to win.
    On O, I saw bad playcalling, an inexperienced QB who can't be counted on, and just overall inconsistency that cost us the game.
    I saw a team that still isn't ready to hang with the better teams in the league.

Are you saying none of that is true? Because that also describes many other Bills teams over the last 20 years.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

...Bills teams over the last 20 years.
    Opie the Hump.

And I'm the one living in the past and not you, like you told me. Right, Opie the Hump? Ridiculous.

Things change over time, but apparently you'll always be a hump. You were probably a hump 20 years ago too.

No matter how thing turn out, the future is not decided by the past, you hump.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,805 Times in 12,165 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I saw a D that played well enough to win.
    On O, I saw bad playcalling, an inexperienced QB who can't be counted on, and just overall inconsistency that cost us the game.
    I saw a team that still isn't ready to hang with the better teams in the league.

Are you saying none of that is true? Because that also describes many other Bills teams over the last 20 years.
    It also doesn't describe many other Bills teams over the last 20 years.

You see what you want to see. We've had D's that sucked and offenses that were proficient. Experienced QBs.

You're full of **** when you say 'hang with' because that's exactly what they've done, almost the entire year. You won't be happy (well, probably ever truth be known but...) until they are beating everybody and some media-mouths tells you they are good.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Opie the Hump.

And I'm the one living in the past and not you, like you told me. Right, Opie the Hump? Ridiculous.

Things change over time, but apparently you'll always be a hump. You were probably a hump 20 years ago too.

No matter how thing turn out, the future is not decided by the past, you hump.
    I never said anything about the future being decided by the past. I'm looking for indications that this team is different from the teams that weren't successful in the past and all I'm finding is a whole ton of similarities.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    It also doesn't describe many other Bills teams over the last 20 years.

You see what you want to see. We've had D's that sucked and offenses that were proficient. Experienced QBs.

You're full of **** when you say 'hang with' because that's exactly what they've done, almost the entire year. You won't be happy (well, probably ever truth be known but...) until they are beating everybody and some media-mouths tells you they are good.
    You're right- "hang with" is a bad choice of words. What I should have said is that we still aren't good enough to beat the better teams.

I'll be happy when they can win consistently. I'll be happy when the O starts showing up. I'll be happy when good D's aren't squandered by incompetent O's. I'll be happy when we can beat the better teams with some consistency (no one beats the good teams every time- not even NE- but we NEVER do). I'll be happy when this team actually has a statement game after getting national attention instead of wilting.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I never said anything about the future being decided by the past.
    That's about all you say...that you'll expect more of the same until they prove otherwise...we all get it. Can't see how you can deny your obvious general attitude.

Talk about the last 20 years of Bills football constantly some more, as if most of us weren't there to see it. That's always very interesting.
    Last edited by feldspar; 12-09-2019 at 04:39 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That's about all you say...that you'll expect more of the same until they prove otherwise...we all get it. Can't see how you can deny your obvious general attitude.

Talk about the last 20 years of Bills football constantly some more, as if most of us weren't there to see it. That's always very interesting.
    How could anyone say anything else at this point? Countless times we were told "this team is different because of X, Y and Z," and countless times, the results were the same.

Once again, I'm being told "this team is different!" All I'm doing is trying to figure out if it is ACTUALLY different this time or if it's like all those other times where it was supposed to be different but wasn't.

And I'm not seeing the difference. I still see inconsistent offense squandering a good defense. I still see a team that wilts when it gets national attention. I still see a team that can't beat the better teams. That's the reality of THIS CURRENT TEAM, not past teams, whether you like it or not.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Whether or not I was wrong about the Cowboys is not the question or the issue here. Dallas is a bad team and I didn't realize it at the time. They're below .500 in the worst division in the NFL. That win is not nearly impressive as it seemed when it happened.
    it is because it speaks of your ability to come up with an opinion. You tell us with finality that this and that is not gonna happen and when you are wrong, you find EXCUSES as to why you were wrong. It also shows the flaws in your ability to come to a conclusion.
    And again, what makes you think the O can play well against the good teams? They were awful against the Patriots and the Ravens.
    define good. Offensively and defensively? The O scored against the Broncos , cowboys and jets who are within top 10 defensively.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I never said anything about the future being decided by the past.
    Are you serious? MNF football.