Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Articles of impeachment are coming

Thanks
    Thanked 1,497 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Articles of impeachment are coming

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidvizion View Post
    Always a possibility. I think the only way it would happen like that would be if they did secret ballot voting. Only a few R's would have to switch in order to make it happen. I don't know if there's any precedent for something like that... just something I read somewhere.
    What do think would happen if only a few R's switched?

Are you talking about the House?

In the words of the famous boxer, Jack Jenkins, “don’t take this ass whipping personally”
    GO BUFFALO!!

Peterman rocks and Pink knows it. Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,447 Times in 6,818 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I find this whole thing laughable. The Reps, controlling everything and the supposed deep state, set everything up to impeach Obama, but couldn't, and are now totally indignant a blatant idiot swine of their choosing got thoroughly stuck in their process. Seriously, it's not like they didn't control the house, senate and Supreme court a real short time ago and couldn't get along well enough with themselves to actually accomplish anything besides whining ineffectively over and over about the same things. Flash forward, it was someone else's fault they couldn't even play nice with one another without having to lie and commit blatant treason.

Finish them. They earned it.
    I lost a bet with Pink and all I got was this dumb avatar that I've had awhile anyway.

3. Post thanked by:

Blondie (12-11-2019),ckg927 (12-11-2019),denverboz (12-11-2019),Haile SpikedLemonade (12-11-2019),Historian (12-11-2019),JackJoeJimJosh (12-11-2019),jamze132 (12-11-2019),Lucidvizion (12-11-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,128 Times in 12,327 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

"Abuse of power and obstruction of Congress."

Gimme a ****ing break...

Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,352 Times in 2,776 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by CommissarSpartacus View Post

Gimme a ****ing break...
    "Abuse of power and obstruction of Congress"?

Bwahahahahaha!!!!!

Pathetic.
    Lulz!!

6. Post thanked by:

denverboz (12-11-2019),notacon (12-11-2019)

Avenatti food tester JackJoeJimJosh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,400 Times in 1,621 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Gimme a ****ing break...
    Well that’s as predictable as snow in Buffalo.

8. Post thanked by:

notacon (12-12-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JackJoeJimJosh View Post
    Well that’s as predictable as snow in Buffalo.
    Or a four alarm fire in Cheektowaga.

Dumber than the average blonde :-) Blondie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,864 Times in 5,481 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I find this whole thing laughable. The Reps, controlling everything and the supposed deep state, set everything up to impeach Obama, but couldn't, and are now totally indignant a blatant idiot swine of their choosing got thoroughly stuck in their process. Seriously, it's not like they didn't control the house, senate and Supreme court a real short time ago and couldn't get along well enough with themselves to actually accomplish anything besides whining ineffectively over and over about the same things. Flash forward, it was someone else's fault they couldn't even play nice with one another without having to lie and commit blatant treason.

Finish them. They earned it.
    I loved reading this post... Especially the last sentence.

Thank you for this post
    My Mistake ~~ Sparty

11. Post thanked by:

Lucidvizion (12-11-2019),Mace (12-11-2019)

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,930 Times in 2,952 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Haile SpikedLemonade View Post
    Idiot, they subpoenaed 10 witnesses who Trump blocked from testifying plus an additional 2 that were blocked but not subpoenaed.

Stop pretending to be a retard.
    Goob's not PRETENDING to be one. He IS one.
    "Do I have everybody's attention now?" -CM Punk, Monday Night RAW, 7/11/2011

"I will tell anyone who doesn't like the fact that I march to the beat of my own drummer: Kiss my ***. Stay the hell out of my way."
    -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 10/29/19

13. Post thanked by:

denverboz (12-11-2019),Haile SpikedLemonade (12-12-2019),Historian (12-12-2019),notacon (12-12-2019)

Peterman rocks and Pink knows it. Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,447 Times in 6,818 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    I loved reading this post... Especially the last sentence.

Thank you for this post
    There's not any reason whatever to change standards so insanely and I sure can't see why some don't see it clearly and obviously. This really needs to be stopped, and most of those on the other side would be shrieking and howling about stopping it under a different party. Have some standards if you claim to be a patriot, or crawl away and whine if you pretend. The standards aren't flexible for need, or you're not a patriot at all. You're a traitor, and you aren't serving what you pretend to, you're trying to end it for your own self service against the principles that candied you to cry about your pretense.

That's not how I was brought up. Wasn't how anyone was. I have no more patience for lying deceivers. The United States shouldn't either. They've made themselves obvious. Shut them down or we're done.

15. Post thanked by:

Blondie (12-12-2019),denverboz (12-12-2019),Haile SpikedLemonade (12-12-2019),Historian (12-12-2019),jamze132 (12-12-2019),Lucidvizion (12-12-2019),senseofdoom (12-13-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 21,762 Times in 12,137 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    There's not any reason whatever to change standards so insanely and I sure can't see why some don't see it clearly and obviously. This really needs to be stopped, and most of those on the other side would be shrieking and howling about stopping it under a different party. Have some standards if you claim to be a patriot, or crawl away and whine if you pretend. The standards aren't flexible for need, or you're not a patriot at all. You're a traitor, and you aren't serving what you pretend to, you're trying to end it for your own self service against the principles that candied you to cry about your pretense.

That's not how I was brought up. Wasn't how anyone was. I have no more patience for lying deceivers. The United States shouldn't either. They've made themselves obvious. Shut them down or we're done.
    Yeah, they should.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Merely opposing bad guys does not make one a good guy...

.https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/201.../pers-d12.html

.The impeachment crisis and its political consequences
    12 December 2019

On Tuesday, congressional Democrats published two articles of impeachment against US President Donald Trump, centering on claims that the president “compromised the national security of the United States.”

The fascist in the White House is being impeached not for ripping thousands of immigrant children from the hands of their parents, persecuting political dissidents Julian Assange and Chelsea Manning, or presiding over a global apparatus of extrajudicial murder. Rather, the impeachment is over Trump’s failure to pursue with sufficient vigor the conflict with Russia.

The document argues that the American president “betrayed the Nation” by delaying “the release of $391 million of United States taxpayer funds that Congress had appropriated… for the purpose of providing vital military security assistance to Ukraine to oppose Russian aggression.”

This is the first impeachment of a sitting president on “national security” grounds, complete with the declaration that the American president is a “threat to national security.” The types of extraconstitutional arguments used by the US intelligence agencies to justify mass warrantless wiretapping, torture, “rendition,” and the assassination of an American citizen, within the framework of the “war on terror,” are now being used in an effort to remove a president.

The impeachment drive and the anti-Russia campaign that predated it have involved an enormous intervention by the CIA and FBI in domestic politics. The impeachment inquiry was itself triggered by a CIA agent working at the White House, while a recently-released report shows that the FBI justified a wiretap of a former Trump aide by citing a Ukraine policy change in the Republican Party’s platform.

This process is the first time—with the possible exception of the dark and murky events surrounding the assassination of John F. Kennedy—that the CIA and associated intelligence agencies have sought to remove a sitting president.

Anyone who supports the Democrats’ impeachment operation, in the hope that removing Trump on these grounds can have some sort of progressive consequence, is simply ignoring everything the Democrats and their CIA allies have done and said.

The most extraordinary element of the impeachment proceedings was its almost complete domination by US policy in Ukraine. It is of the greatest political significance, not to mention strangely ironic, that the United States’ instigation of the 2014 fascist-led coup in Kiev has had far reaching consequences for political life in the US. In order to carry through the implementation of the confrontation with Russia, which was the rationale behind the coup, the intelligence agencies that determine the policy of the Democratic Party have been compelled to seek the impeachment of Trump.

In 1986, the Iran-Contra scandal was triggered by the revelation that the Reagan administration had concocted a scheme to sell arms to Iran, in order to buy weapons to finance an illegal war against the Sandinista regime in Nicaragua. That investigation revealed that the Reagan administration flagrantly violated the Boland Amendment, passed by Congress to prohibit US government assistance to the Contras.

But in this case, the main charge is that Trump held up the dispersion of money that was allocated by Congress to promote a war that is being planned entirely behind the backs of the American people.

TheThe document argues that the American president “betrayed the Nation” by delaying “the release of $391 million of United States taxpayer funds that Congress had appropriated… for the purpose of providing vital military security assistance to Ukraine to oppose Russian aggression.”

This is the first impeachment of a sitting president on “national security” grounds, complete with the declaration that the American president is a “threat to national security.” The types of extraconstitutional arguments used by the US intelligence agencies to justify mass warrantless wiretapping, torture, “rendition,” and the assassination of an American citizen, within the framework of the “war on terror,” are now being used in an effort to remove a president.

The impeachment drive and the anti-Russia campaign that predated it have involved an enormous intervention by the CIA and FBI in domestic politics. The impeachment inquiry was itself triggered by a CIA agent working at the White House, while a recently-released report shows that the FBI justified a wiretap of a former Trump aide by citing a Ukraine policy change in the Republican Party’s platform.

This process is the first time—with the possible exception of the dark and murky events surrounding the assassination of John F. Kennedy—that the CIA and associated intelligence agencies have sought to remove a sitting president.

Anyone who supports the Democrats’ impeachment operation, in the hope that removing Trump on these grounds can have some sort of progressive consequence, is simply ignoring everything the Democrats and their CIA allies have done and said.

The most extraordinary element of the impeachment proceedings was its almost complete domination by US policy in Ukraine. It is of the greatest political significance, not to mention strangely ironic, that the United States’ instigation of the 2014 fascist-led coup in Kiev has had far reaching consequences for political life in the US. In order to carry through the implementation of the confrontation with Russia, which was the rationale behind the coup, the intelligence agencies that determine the policy of the Democratic Party have been compelled to seek the impeachment of Trump.

In 1986, the Iran-Contra scandal was triggered by the revelation that the Reagan administration had concocted a scheme to sell arms to Iran, in order to buy weapons to finance an illegal war against the Sandinista regime in Nicaragua. That investigation revealed that the Reagan administration flagrantly violated the Boland Amendment, passed by Congress to prohibit US government assistance to the Contras.

But in this case, the main charge is that Trump held up the dispersion of money that was allocated by Congress to promote a war that is being planned entirely behind the backs of the American people.

The antidemocratic impulses behind the impeachment drive were summed up by the comments of the arch-warmonger Thomas Friedman, who wrote in the New York Times yesterday, “Generally speaking, I believe presidents should be elected and removed by the voters at the polls. But when I hear Trump defenders scream, ‘Impeachment subverts the will of the people,’ I say: “Really?”

To say that “generally speaking” the leadership of the country should be selected by voters, is to say that this should only be the case when it suits the CIA, FBI, and the military.

Friedman’s real complaint is not that Trump was subverting “the will of the people,” but that he was subverting what dominant factions of the intelligence agencies consider the geostrategic imperatives of the American ruling class.

For all the Democrats’ talk of “corruption,” “obstruction of justice,” “bribery,” and an “organized crime shakedown,” the real reasons for the impeachment stand starkly revealed as differences over how best to conduct the predatory policies of American imperialism. antidemocratic impulses behind the impeachment drive were summed up by the comments of the arch-warmonger Thomas Friedman, who wrote in the New York Times yesterday, “Generally speaking, I believe presidents should be elected and removed by the voters at the polls. But when I hear Trump defenders scream, ‘Impeachment subverts the will of the people,’ I say: “Really?”

To say that “generally speaking” the leadership of the country should be selected by voters, is to say that this should only be the case when it suits the CIA, FBI, and the military.

Friedman’s real complaint is not that Trump was subverting “the will of the people,” but that he was subverting what dominant factions of the intelligence agencies consider the geostrategic imperatives of the American ruling class.

For all the Democrats’ talk of “corruption,” “obstruction of justice,” “bribery,” and an “organized crime shakedown,” the real reasons for the impeachment stand starkly revealed as differences over how best to conduct the predatory policies of American imperialism.

...more...

18. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (12-12-2019)

Avenatti food tester JackJoeJimJosh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,400 Times in 1,621 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No **** Neil. Your opposition of Bush via the truther scheme made you a giant douchbag.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,025 Times in 9,569 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No **** Neil. Your opposition of Bush via the truther scheme made you a giant douchbag.
    Yea....and thanks for at least admitting the republicans are the bad guys.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Merely opposing bad guys does not make one a good guy...

.https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/201.../pers-d12.html

.The impeachment crisis and its political consequences
    12 December 2019

On Tuesday, congressional Democrats published two articles of impeachment against US President Donald Trump, centering on claims that the president “compromised the national security of the United States.”

The fascist in the White House is being impeached not for ripping thousands of immigrant children from the hands of their parents, persecuting political dissidents Julian Assange and Chelsea Manning, or presiding over a global apparatus of extrajudicial murder. Rather, the impeachment is over Trump’s failure to pursue with sufficient vigor the conflict with Russia.

The document argues that the American president “betrayed the Nation” by delaying “the release of $391 million of United States taxpayer funds that Congress had appropriated… for the purpose of providing vital military security assistance to Ukraine to oppose Russian aggression.”

TheThe document argues that the American president “betrayed the Nation” by delaying “the release of $391 million of United States taxpayer funds that Congress had appropriated… for the purpose of providing vital military security assistance to Ukraine to oppose Russian aggression.”

The antidemocratic impulses behind the impeachment drive were summed up by the comments of the arch-warmonger Thomas Friedman, who wrote in the New York Times yesterday, “Generally speaking, I believe presidents should be elected and removed by the voters at the polls. But when I hear Trump defenders scream, ‘Impeachment subverts the will of the people,’ I say: “Really?”

For all the Democrats’ talk of “corruption,” “obstruction of justice,” “bribery,” and an “organized crime shakedown,” the real reasons for the impeachment stand starkly revealed as differences over how best to conduct the predatory policies of American imperialism. antidemocratic impulses behind the impeachment drive were summed up by the comments of the arch-warmonger Thomas Friedman, who wrote in the New York Times yesterday, “Generally speaking, I believe presidents should be elected and removed by the voters at the polls. But when I hear Trump defenders scream, ‘Impeachment subverts the will of the people,’ I say: “Really?”

For all the Democrats’ talk of “corruption,” “obstruction of justice,” “bribery,” and an “organized crime shakedown,” the real reasons for the impeachment stand starkly revealed as differences over how best to conduct the predatory policies of American imperialism.

...more...
    This kind of article coming from a Russian author and RT regular is shocking.

22. Post thanked by:

notacon (12-13-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I can be bought.

A measly ten million and I'll never speak again about 9/11.

I think it's a bargain.

Tell your superiors at Langley.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I can be bought.

A measly ten million and I'll never speak again about 9/11.

I think it's a bargain.

Tell your superiors at Langley.
    Talk all you want, You have no voice.

No one pays any mind to you besides the downtrodden Trump supporters, Your internet glory is no more.

Like your Hollywood career. POOF!!
    Last edited by Downinfloflo; 12-12-2019 at 05:26 PM.

25. Post thanked by:

denverboz (12-12-2019),JackJoeJimJosh (12-17-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 1,966 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    Goob's not PRETENDING to be one. He IS one.
    If that's the case, you have no brain. But we already knew that.
    "You're more likely to make a lot of money if you work hard than if you don't."-Spartacus

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    You're so creative.

I bet you're a beast in bed and the woman love your fresh sexual ideas.

28. Post thanked by:

ckg927 (12-12-2019)

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,930 Times in 2,952 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    Dude, if that's the BEST you can do....I don't know what to tell you.

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,340 Times in 2,357 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Articles of impeachment are coming...and going going gone.